Aug 12, 2019, 07:42 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Vendors, Inland Empire or San Diego? , Vegas?

I travel back and forth between Las Vegas and San Diego frequently. It seems I'm probably passing not too far from some place that stocks an assortment of Estes medium to higher power motors, but I'm having a hard time searching that out. For the E engines and larger it seems like there's little stock and everyone wants a month and a big shipping charge to get them.

I'm mostly interested in C, D and E variations. The new E12-6 for instance. D12-0, D12-3, C6-5, etc. Even the smallish ones are spotty.

All I find are online vendors or part time shops that travel to the various launch events. Lots of hobby shops have a smattering of Estes engines, but it seems that somewhere there might be one that keeps a better stock.

Hobby Town stocks some and they have quite a bit online, but many of them require expensive shipping, even if you order "ship to store".

Does anyone have a lucky find for me? :-)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 12:32 PM
AeroDan
You can try Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, CA. They MIGHT have what your looking for. Also, there’s a general store, just south off the main highway (18) near the Lucerne Valley dry lake launch site, who stocks rocket motors. Not sure if they’ll have what your looking for.
Aug 26, 2019, 01:54 PM
.049ner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlastofka
I travel back and forth between Las Vegas and San Diego frequently. It seems I'm probably passing not too far from some place that stocks an assortment of Estes medium to higher power motors, but I'm having a hard time searching that out. For the E engines and larger it seems like there's little stock and everyone wants a month and a big shipping charge to get them.

I'm mostly interested in C, D and E variations. The new E12-6 for instance. D12-0, D12-3, C6-5, etc. Even the smallish ones are spotty.

All I find are online vendors or part time shops that travel to the various launch events. Lots of hobby shops have a smattering of Estes engines, but it seems that somewhere there might be one that keeps a better stock.

Hobby Town stocks some and they have quite a bit online, but many of them require expensive shipping, even if you order "ship to store".

Does anyone have a lucky find for me? :-)
Where I live the Hobby Lobby has the best selection and prices. The 24mm E size are only 16 bucks for a 3 pack. https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=model+rockets

Quick Reply