Aug 12, 2019, 06:17 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Thread OP
Discussion

Five Years On and the Second Biggest Lie of A Generation

Here we are five years later and the Dem candidates are on board with the lie that killed dozens, caused millions in damage, brought on the Ferguson Effect and the birth of Black Lies Matter.

Time to retire the Ferguson narrative

Last edited by Cyberdactyl; Aug 12, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
Aug 12, 2019, 06:41 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Tell the "big lie" enough and the people will believe it's the truth. Someone said that once, a member of Hitler's inner circle I believe.
We always thought government would be the perpetrator of the "big lie". Who ever thought it'd be the fourth estate.
Aug 12, 2019, 06:56 PM
------
Traceyl would have done it better................
Aug 12, 2019, 07:16 PM
I'd rather be Flying
The link in the OP is from a non partisan source,
https://www.britannica.com/topic/The...ican-newspaper
and this is a quote from the link.

Quote:
The problem is, all of the racially tinged accusations against Officer Wilson were likely false, according to the final analysis by President Obama’s Department of Justice. The report, issued in 2015, found that Officer Wilson’s accounts were corroborated. He’d acted in self-defense. Brown, the report said, had reached into the police vehicle and grabbed Officer Wilson by the neck. And Brown appeared to be lunging toward Officer Wilson when Officer Wilson shot him in self-defense.

The Obama Justice Department investigators concluded that original witness accounts claiming that Brown’s hands were up when he was shot, and other key claims, were “unreliable” and — in many instances — directly contradicted by the forensic evidence, while Officer Wilson’s story was supported by the forensics. “Hands up, don’t shoot,” the Obama Justice Department found, was contrary to reliable accounts — and likely fabricated.
Note the findings are from the OBAMA Justice Department

So yes, the media has been responsible for spreading the "big lie". It's simply mind boggling to me that intelligent,educated, knowledgeable people can actually still believe it.
Aug 12, 2019, 10:40 PM
Eye of The Storm
Those Democrat candidates are like the kid that is told to go out and burn the papers and decides it needs a little gasoline thrown on it every now and then. Fan it enough and they will get more than they bargained for. Let's call them stupid.
Aug 13, 2019, 08:52 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Does CNN only hire morons?
Aug 13, 2019, 09:00 AM
Seriously?
You can't work there unless you truly hate America.
Aug 13, 2019, 09:22 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
More evidence of the low standards at CNN...
Quote:
CNN is standing by anchor Chris Cuomo after a profanity-laced video of him threatening a heckler went viral Monday.

The "Cuomo Prime Time" host, 49, was captured during a heated exchange with an unidentified man who called him "Fredo," which Cuomo called a racist slur toward Italians, comparing it to the N-word.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...eo/1994358001/
Aug 13, 2019, 11:31 AM
ǝpoɔ ,uᴉsn ur,ǝpoɔ ,uᴉsn ǝɹ,ǝʍ
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
The link in the OP is from a non partisan source,
https://www.britannica.com/topic/The...ican-newspaper
and this is a quote from the link.

Note the findings are from the OBAMA Justice Department

So yes, the media has been responsible for spreading the "big lie". It's simply mind boggling to me that intelligent,educated, knowledgeable people can actually still believe it.
^ agreed, I think many people are easily manipulated by emotion, whether supported by facts or not.
Aug 13, 2019, 12:53 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT
^ agreed, I think many people are easily manipulated by emotion, whether supported by facts or not.
To the left, it's largely about 'feels'.

To the right, it's largely about facts.

https://www.amazon.com/Righteous-Min.../dp/0307455777

This is from 2013. Things have only become worse. The epistemology of the left has now trounced truth for their hate for the orange man largely because of his bombast and ego.

'The Righteous Mind': Why Liberals and Conservatives Can't Get Along (26 min 47 sec)

There Is No Such Thing as "Your Truth" (2 min 0 sec)
Aug 13, 2019, 05:33 PM
And then there is this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...?noredirect=on

Of course, WaPo is still carrying water for this fool, even after his story proved false by obama DOJ. Can"t wait for the GoFundMe page to kick start his career as a rapper.
Aug 13, 2019, 05:41 PM
They support truth over facts
Aug 13, 2019, 06:49 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodude
And then there is this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...?noredirect=on

Of course, WaPo is still carrying water for this fool, even after his story proved false by obama DOJ. Can"t wait for the GoFundMe page to kick start his career as a rapper.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it……”
Joseph Goebbels
He was referring to the state, but his remarks apply to anyone who has the power to promulgate the lie.
Aug 14, 2019, 07:25 AM
So Brown has become a hero to the Dems now. Wonder why they can't figure out the truth even when it's in their faces. They are blind to the truth unless it fits their agenda.
Aug 14, 2019, 07:54 AM
Free my speech
9/11 was the first.

Quick Reply