Jan 09, 2020, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad
you could glue a piece of plywood to the foam and screw it on or just glue it on or even use velcro to secure it. I've used various methods and each has its own way of doing it. All are easy to do. For my aero scout, i use a carrier i made from 1/32" ply that uses the wing bolts to secure both the camera and the battery and is easy to transport from one airframe to another.
thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2020, 09:18 PM
Sky Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighank13
How do you hold the camera to the outside of the hatch? I just got a Spotter 2 and want to do the same thing...just not sure how.
Like Starcad mentioned. My foxeer cam came with that adaptor, I just ran zip ties thru under canopy. I ran popsicle stick under to strengthen. You can also hot glue it
Feb 01, 2020, 01:28 AM
Retired
Not sure why this plane is drawing me to it, looks like a fun flyer.
Feb 03, 2020, 12:29 PM
D1 AVP AMA Foundation Board
it's a blast! Don't think twice about it, get it. Easily get 15 minutes on a 2200 pack. Floats in like a dream on landing. I might get bigger tires on mine, just because......why not?
Feb 03, 2020, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogosi
it's a blast! Don't think twice about it, get it. Easily get 15 minutes on a 2200 pack. Floats in like a dream on landing. I might get bigger tires on mine, just because......why not?
hi,was wondering how well this thing flies SLOW? i am looking for something to fly in a field that is about 160' X 160".what are your thoughts. i have a 53" Valiant and it is just to big for this small field. thanks,mike.
Feb 03, 2020, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Burner
hi,was wondering how well this thing flies SLOW? i am looking for something to fly in a field that is about 160' X 160".what are your thoughts. i have a 53" Valiant and it is just to big for this small field. thanks,mike.
It slows down very nice, will do nice flat circles with some hard rudder and a little more power fed it. I would definitely fly it without the bank/pitch limitation of SAFE in that area though.
Feb 04, 2020, 11:44 AM
Retired
Really thought a fast plane would be my next, but for where I fly a nice relaxing flyer might be a better option. How’s the power against a decent wind?
Feb 04, 2020, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
In my review video you can see (hear) that the wind was really blowing and the AeroScout did not care - https://youtu.be/V5Q_LPtuH1Y?t=625
Feb 04, 2020, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K
Really thought a fast plane would be my next, but for where I fly a nice relaxing flyer might be a better option. Hows the power against a decent wind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
In my review video you can see (hear) that the wind was really blowing and the AeroScout did not care - https://youtu.be/V5Q_LPtuH1Y?t=625
Handles the wind with no problem....was flying this summer on the side of the Hudson River in NY, constant 15-20 mph gusts. My Multiplex Mentor does something similar, as I think many would do....just point plane into the wind, nose up a little, and just float in position, sometimes going backwards, then diving down and doing it again. I believe the motor is a quad motor, and the two I have flown have a tiny bit of lag between fire walling and the motor responding.

I'm diggin it.....
Feb 04, 2020, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogosi
It slows down very nice, will do nice flat circles with some hard rudder and a little more power fed it. I would definitely fly it without the bank/pitch limitation of SAFE in that area though.
thank you for the reply..
Feb 05, 2020, 10:34 AM
Retired
Thanks Jim, Rogosi, plenty good for me. I’ve never owned or flew a pusher before.
Feb 05, 2020, 11:26 AM
It’s something just how slow it will fly. Roll rate is good also when unrestricted.
I like the way the motor has that screaming sound to it.
Like the little motor that could. Lol
Feb 05, 2020, 07:59 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Im a 10 year nearly weekly pilot who has and flown EDF jets, 3D, STOL, float, hotliners, wings, biplanes, FPV, warbirds, quads, and more. I just bought one of these today! Check all the videos, this puppy looks like a bunch of kick back fun and able to do FPV to boot. Cant wait to fly it this weekend.
Feb 07, 2020, 10:47 PM
I know this is the Aero scout thread but it seems more active than the Eagles one just now.
I bought this a few weeks ago as a short range STOL plane for fpv .
I have actually never yet read anything negative about them which is unusual these days which is why I was tempted.
As you all say--just fantastic!
It's the first plane with under carriage that hasn't needed straightening after every landing and I've made quite a few bad one
I was living in a very quiet spot with no immediate neighbours and had space to fly and safely land my bigger FPV planes but now I'm getting a bit hemmed in I thought this would fit the bill for getting up AND down in less room and often in flukey winds due to the hills and now houses.
I have fitted a FC but that's mainly for emergencies when my eyesight let's me down
This was my maiden at a local cricket pitch followed by a day at the beach
nicktwinnflying E-Sky Eagle. (3 min 16 sec)
Feb 08, 2020, 01:51 PM
Nice vids....got that beach all to yourself!

Quick Reply