May 12, 2020, 05:48 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBigElectric
It is an amazing motor and I am using 6s 5000mah batteries. I also have two EF planes with the same power setup.
awesome! thanks for the response. That is the motor I am planning on going with for this plane. I will use the CC 120HV ESC with it. I will also use (2) 6s lipos at 5000mah in series for 12s. what lipo brand/version are you actually using? I was using Turnigy lipos for my EF 84" TBM, but I think they are sagging too much on me and i am losing power because of it, so i am trying to figure out what lipos to go with instead for this setup.

Thanks!

-Clint
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2020, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingclint
awesome! thanks for the response. That is the motor I am planning on going with for this plane. I will use the CC 120HV ESC with it. I will also use (2) 6s lipos at 5000mah in series for 12s. what lipo brand/version are you actually using? I was using Turnigy lipos for my EF 84" TBM, but I think they are sagging too much on me and i am losing power because of it, so i am trying to figure out what lipos to go with instead for this setup.

Thanks!

-Clint
I am using Turnigy 6s 5000mah 40C batteries. Mine are about a year old and still seem to be going strong. I always balance charge and put them to storage charge within the same flying day.
May 31, 2020, 01:59 PM
Guys, I am trying to mount the Xpwr 40CC motor to my Timber 110. Which markings on the template for the motor box mounting to the fuselage firewall should I use, the markings for the DLE55 or EVO33?
May 31, 2020, 03:11 PM
The ones that match the mount for the motor you're using.
May 31, 2020, 03:42 PM
the 55 side exhaust and 55ra have different mounting patterns, so the first question is what are the mounting dimensions of your motor? measure center to center. you can get the DLE 55 dimensions from Horizon or other retailers. Or....

you can also hold the fuse vertical and simply put the motor resting on the firewall. put the cowl on and with the spinner back plate in place position the motor so it is properly centered on the cowl. mark the positions and you're done.
Last edited by koppterX; May 31, 2020 at 03:50 PM.
May 31, 2020, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Guys, I am trying to mount the Xpwr 40CC motor to my Timber 110. Which markings on the template for the motor box mounting to the fuselage firewall should I use, the markings for the DLE55 or EVO33?
Download the template from the motor page on the EF web site. That is how I did mine and it is perfect.
May 31, 2020, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Download the template from the motor page on the EF web site. That is how I did mine and it is perfect.
So you used that motor on your timber 110? Did you take the mounting plate off that comes on the motor and just mount the motor directly to the motor box using the smaller spacers that’s come with the plane? Cause the X mounting bracket that comes on the motor is too big to fit on the Timber 110 motor box. I was thinking to take that mounting bracket off of the motor and use the mounting holes that the bracket attached to the motor and drill this holes out of the motor box and then mount it directly to the box by using the small aluminum standoffs that come in the plane kit.
Thoughts?
May 31, 2020, 07:50 PM
Quote:
So you used that motor on your timber 110? Did you take the mounting plate off that comes on the motor and just mount the motor directly to the motor box using the smaller spacers that’s come with the plane? Cause the X mounting bracket that comes on the motor is too big to fit on the Timber 110 motor box. I was thinking to take that mounting bracket off of the motor and use the mounting holes that the bracket attached to the motor and drill this holes out of the motor box and then mount it directly to the box by using the small aluminum standoffs that come in the plane kit.
Thoughts?
Yes I used the XPWR 40cc. It is in my post just before you asking about the mounting holes. You asked me how I like the motor. I used the XXL Blazing Star standoffs.
May 31, 2020, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Yes I used the XPWR 40cc. It is in my post just before you asking about the mounting holes. You asked me how I like the motor. I used the XXL Blazing Star standoffs.
If it’s possible, would you mind posting a photo of how you have it mounted? That would help so much!
Jun 01, 2020, 06:31 AM
I used two different spacers from the Timber motor mount to make mine fit without using 5-6 of the blazing star spacers. This is a makes for a perfect gap between the spinner back plate and cowl.
Jun 01, 2020, 10:29 AM
Quote:
I used two different spacers from the Timber motor mount to make mine fit without using 5-6 of the blazing star spacers. This is a makes for a perfect gap between the spinner back plate and cowl.
That’s perfect! Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I needed to see. So what size are those blazing star standoffs?
Thanks again!

-Clint
Jun 01, 2020, 12:37 PM
Quote:
That’s perfect! Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I needed to see. So what size are those blazing star standoffs?
Thanks again!

-Clint
I used the. XX large https://northwestrc.com/Blazing-Star...gth_p_677.html
Jun 01, 2020, 12:58 PM
Quote:
thanks! I realized you had put the size on your post further up after i went back and looked. Sorry about that. Appreciate the help. I have ordered some already and they should be on the way soon. It seem like a MUCH easier way to do it. Any advice or suggestions when mounting them using those stand-offs?

Thanks!

-Clint
Jun 01, 2020, 03:28 PM
Quote:
thanks! I realized you had put the size on your post further up after i went back and looked. Sorry about that. Appreciate the help. I have ordered some already and they should be on the way soon. It seem like a MUCH easier way to do it. Any advice or suggestions when mounting them using those stand-offs?

Thanks!

-Clint
The mounting is actually pretty easy with the standoffs. Just line up the template with the lines on the firewall to drill your holes and it’s a perfect fit.
Jun 02, 2020, 11:07 AM
Quote:
The mounting is actually pretty easy with the standoffs. Just line up the template with the lines on the firewall to drill your holes and it’s a perfect fit.
That's great to hear. I am a little concerned about where the template will end up going since I had already drilled holes for the motor box to attach to the fuse frame cause I was first trying to go that route. I have been following a post over on Giant Scale news about this plane and some of the guys over there were worried about the standoffs being so far from the frame and not being tight enough or having too much play from side to side. What is your experience with it? has your motor stayed nice and tight and lined up since installing it with the standoffs?

Thanks!

-Clint

Quick Reply