Aug 11, 2019, 09:23 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
New Product

UFO 85X 4K (Geelang Hobby)

REVIEW/TEST IS HERE

A new 4K tinywhoop/cinewhoop will be availabe this month: The UFO-85X 4K from Geelang Hobby ! Right now there is two tinywhoop that support the caddx tarsier: the eachine cinecan and the betafpv 85X 4K.

Get it:
Main specifications
  • 78g without the battery, by using a 85mm wheelbase plastic frame
  • Canopy is in plastic and looks like the same as we saw like with the UR85/Cinecan (except that it fit the caddx tarsier)
  • new 1204 5000kv motor to support 4S
  • Supra F4 board AIO 12A to handle the 4S (and with some integrated receivers (spi) like frsky)
  • caddx tarsier, so the best resolution right now on such quad
  • new 4S LIPO 260mah to add enough power to use this quad correctly (up to 112g with this LIPO): up to 3:30min (with a classical 450mah up to 5:30min)
  • propellers are the 2inch emax avan
  • VTX will support 25/200mw
  • the price will be less < 230$ so in the same range as others

UFO85X 4K Geelang - Race (1 min 17 sec)

UFO85X - Random flight in the tree :) (1 min 47 sec)

Geelang Hobby UFO 85X 4K (0 min 54 sec)
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Sep 30, 2019 at 08:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2019, 09:49 PM
Looks pretty sweet. Nice video quality. It comes in multiple colors too? Would love to give this a spin.
Aug 12, 2019, 02:25 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
You can start to preorder for 203$: https://qwinout.com/products/preorde...ef=amefvjt4yo-
Sep 17, 2019, 04:10 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
UFO85X - Random flight in the tree :) (1 min 47 sec)
Sep 28, 2019, 03:55 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
UFO85X 4K Geelang - Race (1 min 17 sec)
Sep 29, 2019, 02:42 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
When I first saw it on the QWO site, it was listed as a JMT build, and about a week or so later, as the Geelang. The first thing that I caught was the 1204 motors, which were the biggest I've seen on an 85 Whoop. They put them on a Beta 85X Whoop frame. QWO has those RCinpower motors, but they're not cheap, and weigh 6 grams. I was curious how well they performed, and also how efficient they are. They're just listed for 3-4S, and 4S seems like a lot, and heavy for a Whoop, and that thing isn't exactly light either. Also comes with a ridiculously small battery, and don't see getting much flight time with that. JMT and QWO uses those Supra boards for some of their kits/builds too.

Brotherhobby 1402s only weigh 6 grams too, and although they list them as 1 & 2S, reading through that thread, people were using 3S on them with no problem, and even 4S. Those are less than the RCinpower motors, and were getting good flight times too, and are a lot higher kv. Still curious how the 1204 motors do though . . . but more for a 3" Pick . . . or Twig, if you prefer . . .

It looks like all they did was get other people's parts, put them together with a $100 4K Tarsier, and charged a bunch for it. I don't need them to do that for me, and not interested in the $100 camera . . . especially on a Whoop . . . definitely don't see that as the next Mobula, or even Mobula HD . . . there's already a bunch of 85mm expensive HD Whoops out, and you're only going to get so much performance out of 2" props sitting in ducts no matter what motors you use. It does look pretty cool though . . .
Last edited by Brian_OH; Sep 29, 2019 at 02:50 AM.
Sep 30, 2019, 08:14 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
I did my review here, just in case:
https://blog.whichfpvkwad.com/2019/0...geelang-hobby/
Sep 30, 2019, 02:43 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Good review, and like your flight vids, nice blog site too. You seemed to be able to zip around that indoor track with no problem really good. Did you try a bigger battery on it, and what kind of flight times were you getting? I found that the 2" tri-blade Avan Blurs really out performed the Avan 4 blades on my 85 with Skystars 1103/11kvs by quite a bit. That was more racing around, and not freestyle loops and rolls though. The Blur blades are really big/wide, and look like they have even more surface area than the 4s with an extra blade, or at least as much.

I'm just not convinced with doing HD or beyond with a Whoop, other than a Whoop++ like a Squirt or a Nutmeg. The HD is only for the recorded video, except for the ultra expensive DJI stuff, and doesn't do anything for the pic while flying. I really don't need to look back and see my crashes in high definition . . . ₿ↄ}

It is a good looking thing though, and well put together. On their FB site, Geelang did mention a lighter (and hopefully cheaper) not 4K version in planning, and that may be more interesting too. There's been so many companies jumping on the "Cine Whoop" phase, and now,the ultra-light Toothpicky type quads too, it's hard to even keep up with what's out. More choices are good for us, and reviews like yours are always helpful.

Quick Reply