to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2019, 01:26 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave

I was a fan of the Shadel piston/liner sets from the 80's. Every single RF/SF engine I owned had a set of piston and liner installed right away.
It was your mention of this in another thread that gave me the idea to contact Brian.

Will,

how should we address the possibility of having more than 20 preorders for either (or both) engine? Right now I think we’re at 18 for the RF and 15 for the SF.

Bill
Aug 14, 2019, 01:42 PM
AMA 46133
>>It was your mention of this in another thread that gave me the idea to contact Brian.<<

I am so glad you know Brian and him being able to do it. This is a rare treat.

>>how should we address the possibility of having more than 20 preorders for either (or both) engine? Right now I think we’re at 18 for the RF and 15 for the SF.<<

I don't know. I think you need to talk to Will and Brian (maybe privately) to see if something can be worked out. I am thinking if Brian is agreeable this may very well be more than a one time deal. Right now we are only talking amongst a small group of lurkers and posters on this forum. Once words get out to the larger mass of hobbyists you may have a fairly high demand.

I am sure there will need to be a second batch or a third...........
Aug 14, 2019, 02:08 PM
I believe the Hanno liners that Dave Shadel did sold out 2 runs (at least). Will probably remembers better than I do..
Aug 14, 2019, 02:10 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Thread OP
I agree, those things can be work out in private.

There were aftermarket sleeves with optimized timing for the 61SF from Nelson/Shadel floating around back in the heyday of “60 pattern “? Oh my! Did not know that!

No immediate rush but at some point we’ll have to agree to a configuration (for each engine) to reproduce. Personally I’m willing to let the experienced members decide and go with their recommendations.

Bill
Aug 15, 2019, 07:50 AM
Oxford Panic
As a slight aside, here is a sketch I made of the pipe that came with my OS61RF-P, I believe it was the official OS supplied one at the time Circa 86.
There are some dimensions that weren't easily to probe but I did successfully make a scaled down version of this configuration for an OS32SF

A.
Aug 15, 2019, 08:01 AM
Oxford Panic
There was some talk about replacement P/L sets on the UK Classic Aerobatic Assoc FB page but I'm not on it so I can't post but if anyone who does FB could make a mention of this thread, it might boost the response.

Please look up UKCAA on FB as RCG seems to take exception to the word spelled out in full and the link I tried to post.

A.
Aug 15, 2019, 08:23 AM
Oxford Panic
Just to clarify it seems that Face-with-book has become a swear word here on rcg, even though there is apparently an RCB FB page, go figure.
Aug 15, 2019, 09:57 AM
Hi Guys,
Just a brief update:
1) first - it will be several months before these parts are available. Brian mentioned about 6 months. Based on prior experience I would say 6-8 months.
2) When we get closer to the actual production I will update this thread.
3) When I have the parts at my house I will PM everybody who has requested parts here on this thread. The last time I did this I just put a notice in the pattern forum (this was on R/C Universe) that the parts had arrived and were available for sale. I got reprimanded by the forum moderator for putting 'for sale' items there and he was going to delete the thread. I compromised by listing them in the 'for sale' section, too, but, as I expected, I got orders from people who had not originally shown interest. I want to ensure that the initial respondents here get the first chance to purchase, then, after a couple months, I will put the remaining inventory up for sale to the general public.
4) If there is any interest, I would be willing to provide installation service for the parts (for a small fee). I did not do this the first time (10 years ago), but I know Dave Shadel offered this service at Performance Specialties. Of course you would have to send me your engine(s).
That's all for now, folks!
-Will
Aug 15, 2019, 10:25 AM
Masher
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne
There was some talk about replacement P/L sets on the UK Classic Aerobatic Assoc FB page but I'm not on it so I can't post but if anyone who does FB could make a mention of this thread, it might boost the response.

Please look up UKCAA on FB as RCG seems to take exception to the word spelled out in full and the link I tried to post.

A.
Andy - I already posted a link to this thread on the FB UKCAA group

flywilly57: I would buy at least 1 RF set probably 2
Aug 15, 2019, 11:45 AM
Classic Pattern Pilot
I'd be in with 2 sets for the SF and 1 for the RF if you ship to Germany as well.
If you wish I'd post a link to this thread on the german forum.

Regards

Achim
Last edited by cap102; Aug 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
Aug 15, 2019, 11:48 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywilly57
Hi Guys,
Just a brief update:
1) first - it will be several months before these parts are available. Brian mentioned about 6 months. Based on prior experience I would say 6-8 months.
2) When we get closer to the actual production I will update this thread.
3) When I have the parts at my house I will PM everybody who has requested parts here on this thread. The last time I did this I just put a notice in the pattern forum (this was on R/C Universe) that the parts had arrived and were available for sale. I got reprimanded by the forum moderator for putting 'for sale' items there and he was going to delete the thread. I compromised by listing them in the 'for sale' section, too, but, as I expected, I got orders from people who had not originally shown interest. I want to ensure that the initial respondents here get the first chance to purchase, then, after a couple months, I will put the remaining inventory up for sale to the general public.
4) If there is any interest, I would be willing to provide installation service for the parts (for a small fee). I did not do this the first time (10 years ago), but I know Dave Shadel offered this service at Performance Specialties. Of course you would have to send me your engine(s).
That's all for now, folks!
-Will
Thank you Will.
Aug 15, 2019, 12:24 PM
Oxford Panic
Flywilly,

What exactly is the deal here.
Are you proposing reselling all these P/L kits. Are you the only person Brian will supply.
I would hope to buy direct from Brian, this would avoid shipping far further than necessary, incurring extra tariffs and taxes. I prefer to deal direct, he has already has already estimated the cost of shipping to the UK.

A.
Aug 15, 2019, 01:20 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Thread OP
AndyOne,

A few posts up Will offered to purchase a minimum, bulk order of P/L/rod kits from Brian to.

1.) move the process along

2.) protect Brian from creating for himself an unwanted standing inventory

There’s no desire to make a profit or create any unforeseen increase to the cost of these kits.

Brian’s normal procedure in the past has been to notify the community when production was complete then collect directly from individuals. Maybe Will could just place an order for the U.S. pilots and Brian could deal directly with pilots in other countries. As far as I know no monies have changed hands and production won’t start for a few more months so all things are possible.

Bill
Last edited by WBE; Aug 15, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
Aug 15, 2019, 02:19 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Thread OP
Current count is:

RF-20

SF-17

These are worldwide orders.

I didn’t include a number in the tally if you included the words “maybe” or “probably” and please remember that this thread is only to get an idea of the interest for these items. That said interest looks good!

Quick Reply