Aug 15, 2019, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed
I picked up this on the weekend. Russian 1/2A combat. 36" span about 2.7 oz as shown, less motor and mount.
I likes it.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Good looking combat ship! What engine are you planning to install?
I machined up a motor mount to fit my Fora on to a foamy combat similar to this. If I can find it, and it will fit, then that will be the victim. Otherwise, Norvel .06 or .049. I scared up an old F2D with a Cox Conquest the next day, so that will keep me busy. It is ready to rock already. A bit loud for my field though. The reason I mentioned the little combat is to be a bit more up to date. The Russian ones are sold in 10 packs for $40 a piece as shown. There could be a market for these. IDK, depends if the customer likes to build them. If they assemble with no jig it could be sort of a fun build.
Last edited by aspeed; Aug 16, 2019 at 08:40 AM.
Today, 06:01 PM

Cavacraft aeronca

Finally used four pieces of cherry wood and some glue to fix the fuse and mount the pee wee .020; simpler than scrounging up some aluminum sheet for mount. Motor runs best at three turns open but picks up rpm if one reconnects the glo battery so I am thinking it needs a new glo head. Have one I can take from a nib motor I was gonna trade.
Last edited by JSKYVOLT; Today at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply