Aug 10, 2019, 12:11 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
Thread OP
Discussion

So where's the latest & greatest outlet for lipo's these days???

Hey folks. Sure has been a long time since I poked around in here and flown foamies in general. Finally can't resist the itch to fly again. I feel like the title to this thread should be "the prodigal son returns." lol

Good to see the usual gurus are still here.

So I am basically starting from scratch again. I do still have servos, motors, escs... basic stuff for putting together another foamy. But I also have all my batts too so that puts those batts at the ripe old age of at least 8-10 years old. I dont even want to mess with that. I checked HK, oh my gosh that site has changed!!! Was also bummed to see Heads Up RC is gone. I loved getting motor info from them. So are folks still mainly getting batts from HK? Just seems like their selection has greatly been reduced. I checked out Banggood and DealExtreme. Wasn't too great of a search there either. Are there any other places out there you guys are using for a good batt source? I'll mostly be doing small parklfyer size like Nutballs, Darts and such. Still have my latest T-1 build too for training my kids. So 2s & 3s at 800 mah size but I'll do another J-Bug of course and other small guys so I will look for 300-ish mah sizes also.

So time for some more front yard flying. Oh where oh where should I buy batts from on the cheap?! lol

Sure will be good to get back in the air again!

Jimmy
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2019, 05:10 PM
Thread OP
Hey thanks for the links JureZ. Iíll be starting my foray back into this addiction with batt purchases. So far after looking thru these links and the other sources I mentioned earlier it looks like HK may still be my best bet for bang for the buck. They just donít seem to have so much of every size and brand as they did before.
I have time for research though as itíll take time to save the pennies anyways.
Aug 11, 2019, 07:26 PM
flyin' fool
Welcome back!!
Aug 11, 2019, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Welcome back!!
Thanks Frank! It's good to be back that's for sure. One of the few planes I still have that I always kept was my last Nutball. Sized so that I can swap out the gear from the T-1 so I will be flying him too. And I just have to build a Dart. Can't wait to be able to get some batts and back in the air.
Aug 11, 2019, 09:42 PM
flyin' fool
I'm all Gens Ace lipos now. So far, the very best I've found.

https://www.genstattu.com/

https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-ace/b-zkq-2126
Aug 12, 2019, 05:32 AM
Thread OP
Good to know. Thanks for the info and links. I appreciate it.
Aug 12, 2019, 10:14 AM
The Junk Man
Batteries? So far I have had great luck with HK's Zippy series. Good performance for the price.

Tom
Aug 12, 2019, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
Yeah I used to use Zippy’s and Rhino’s from there years back. Always used Rhino’s for my 300-350 mah 2s chores in little planes. Just doesn’t seem like HK has as varied a selection of mah sizes as they used too? Keep in mind this is going almost 10 years back since I got my last order of batts from HK.
Aug 13, 2019, 12:04 AM
flyin' fool
Small aircraft gone too.
Aug 13, 2019, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
That’s a bummer. I always would rather have built my own though free time nowadays is less than even before and would have considered buying some smaller aircraft just for experimental fun.
Aug 13, 2019, 12:39 PM
flyin' fool
This was from a few months ago. The planes in the foreground are mine, the only small and scratch built models there, all others are EPO BnF BARFS.

It's the same at other flying sites I visit.
Last edited by goldguy; Aug 14, 2019 at 05:50 AM.
Aug 13, 2019, 05:21 PM
Thread OP
"BARFS"... love it! lol I still remember long ago, Ken, Don, Mike (OG SEMFFers) and I flying at a park. Another guy pulls up and breaks out a HUGE all balsa WWI triplane. It was the biggest accomplishment just getting the thing in the air and then down in one piece. I think it was that day I knew I will always just scratch out foam.

Those pics tho, even with a bunch of BARFS, brings a smile to my face. My gosh I can't wait to fly again. Just gotta get batts and at least my T-1 is ready to go. Well, maybe. Put a batt in that had enough juice to test things out and everything works except the motor. Either motor or ESC is gone. Gotta figure that one out.

Thank for posting the pics!

Quick Reply