Apr 30, 2001, 02:40 PM
Stuck in my wizard suit

Do you need CA glue to build the sky scooter?

At the Tower Hobbies website under the requirements it says that you need CA glue! What is that for? Do you actually need it?

Thanks
Alex
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2001, 02:56 PM
Tork it or Dork it
I think CA glue would melt the styrofoam that the skyscooter is made of. But with EPP styrofoam like the stuff the Twinjet or Pico Jet Combat is made of, you can use CA on that kind of foam.
Apr 30, 2001, 03:06 PM
Stuck in my wizard suit
Ok thanks. Oh and here is a dumb question: how do make those cool animated smiley faces?

Thanks,
Alex
Apr 30, 2001, 03:06 PM
Now with more COWBELL!
No. Tower's made a boo-boo. CA will eat foam. I built mine with a few drops of Elmer's white glue to reinforce the horizontal stabilizer-fuselage joint, but that was just bein' cute. Get some 5- or 10- minute epoxy for crash damage.
Apr 30, 2001, 03:12 PM
AMA 697691 / FAA 13675
I agree that the 5 minute epoxy works best for fixing a SS...been there twice now.

Just click on the Smiles Legend on the left hand side when you are writing a post.
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Apr 30, 2001, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Steve:
No. Tower's made a boo-boo. CA will eat foam. I built mine with a few drops of Elmer's white glue to reinforce the horizontal stabilizer-fuselage joint, but that was just bein' cute. Get some 5- or 10- minute epoxy for crash damage.
>ODERLESS< CA should be OK...pricy, but fast.
Regular CA and foam will not play nice.

Apr 30, 2001, 07:42 PM
Actually you don't need ANY glue to build the Sky Scooter, you might want to put a little epaoxy or white glue on the tail where the Stabilizer (Elevator) slides ir, if you don't it will move around on you & throw off your elevator trim.
For repairs nothing beats 5-minute epoxy, I tore off my whole nose Sunday & was back in the air in 10 minutes with epoxy.