Aug 09, 2019, 06:54 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Twin Stick 1.52 M

Although this is my eighth plane, of course it is the first one I build with these characteristics, and given that when you embark on a project of this type, once you have an idea of how the idea is going to be, you are approached by many doubts and problems, which, well by publications and friends aeromodelists, try to solve and solve.

This article is born with the idea of helping those who, like me, without experience in this type of projects, try to embark on an adventure similar to mine, is made without pretending that the solutions taken here are necessarily the best, but if meditated and taken after the discard of many others. On the other hand, if you want to make a competition airplane, this is probably not your favorite article.

From the beginning I planned the project as a very long term project, in fact it has taken me almost 1 year, surely it may seem a lot but I was doing all the material in a relaxed way and without burdens and certainly without any competition spirit.

We are tired of seeing many magazines and publications infinity of projects made by colleagues aeromodelistas, in many of these publications we see that they obviate the technical section, because well in this article I will try to explain exactly this, the technical section fundamentally, so that it can serve us for the construction of similar airplanes to this one.

The following explanations refer to a specific model and the solutions as I said, taken by myself, which I do not at any time intend to think are the best, if not that they are only my own and perhaps there are better solutions.

In principle the idea was to buy two kits of the classic stick, and unite them in a single model, and after many deliberations I opted for a 1.06 meters of the firm ELE, specifically it is not a leading aircraft, but yes, with an exceptional value for money, especially in terms of price. The Kit was purchased in January 2018 since then until the publication of this article, August 2019 has already rained enough. At the time the kits cost me 61 €, being at that time any other kit at that time quite more expensive, now I think that it is no longer marketed. The complete completion of this project was a couple of months before this publication.

The kit comes quite complete, the fuselage is in balsa wood and plywood (material harder and thinner than the balsa, and with the disadvantage of bringing many veins difficult to camouflage with the simple oracover), like the tail and wings, the kit incorporates piano string train, also brings the tail train, the latter without wheel, the very short instructions come in perfect English with some views of the plane. I passed the instructions to the Spanish but they are not very necessary, if you want translated you can ask for them by e-mail, and I will gladly send them to you.

The pieces of the fuselage in my particular case did not come what is said very well finished, imperfections are appreciated what makes that a lot of work is needed for its elimination.

The case of the surfaces as wings, stabilizer, drift and controls all come for their construction in balsa structure, and with the disadvantage of bringing many veins, so the technique I followed for its finish was by means of sandpaper.

I will try to put more information later

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS:

Length: 0,78 m.
Wingspan: 1,52 m.
Weight: 1,7 Kg.
Engines 2 EMP E2830/14 kv850 with support and cone blade holder
Batteries: 2 ZH 1300MH 3s 30c
Propellers: 2 APC 9x6E
Radio: FLYSKY FS-i10 2.4Ghz. 10 Channels + receiver + 2 telemetry sensors for battery voltage
Receiver: 1 FS-IA10
Telemetry: 2 FS-AVT01 telemetry sensors for battery voltage
Servos: 6 servos Tower Pro SG92R digital microservo 9g, sprockets with carbon fiber, 2.5kg /cm (4.8v)
Variable speed drives: 2 regulators GEMFAN 20A bec 3s
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2019, 02:40 AM
Thread OP
We've already assembled the two fuselages, and the central section of the wing.
Aug 14, 2019, 03:02 AM
Thread OP
Classic construction of the wing in three sections respecting the original sizes of the wing sections of the kit, giving it a double dihedral that will improve flight stability
Aug 14, 2019, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Original kit information
Aug 19, 2019, 01:59 AM
Thread OP
We are going to build a landing gear in fiberglass and epoxy, which is attached to the two fuselages, and also serves as an structure.
For it we will use a mold made with cardboard and adhesive tape.
Sep 09, 2019, 03:32 AM
Thread OP
This is how it goes, with the landing gear, which gives structure to the two fuselages.
Sep 16, 2019, 05:33 AM
Thread OP
We're going to start the coating
Sep 23, 2019, 03:32 AM
Thread OP
preparing the stickers
Oct 04, 2019, 01:03 AM
Thread OP
The finished model ready to fly

Quick Reply