2019 USA Unlimited TD National Championships Event Photos

We wrapped up the Unlimited TD event today and boy what a fun, crazy wonderful two days it was.

Splash

Event Coverage from Unlimited TD

We wrapped up the Unlimited TD event today and boy what a fun, crazy wonderful two days it was. The weather on Wednesday was pretty nice most of the day, but Thursday brought big winds, lift, sink and big land outs too. Sometimes it was a battle to just land back on the field. The Muncie weather certainly lived up to its reputation. Gordon had two insanely amazing saves in a row flying so far out and low that I thought there was no way he could make it back to the same county, but that guy pulled it off like a champ and secured is his 2nd place finish.

Jody Miller just absolutely crushed it. He can take really bad air and somehow maximize it to outlast the group. Awesome consistent flying Jody! It gives us all something to work toward.

This community is simply the best! Hanging out with soaring fanatics for a week means you to start to really get to know people. You are all champs and willing to help out with timing, sharing knowledge and strategies. Heck Gavin personally repaired at least 4 or 5 models for other people during the event and in the evenings. Gavin you are hero!

There were quite a few corn landings today and I think everyone got their models back so that's a good thing. Good luck to all those flying RES, NOS and 2M tomorrow. I'll be on the other field flying F3J so I won't be able to take photos of them, but I'll have some F3J coverage to put up after Saturday. If you missed the NATS this year, you better make plans to attend next year and bonus IT'S FREE!!! See you then.

There were 50 pilots flying, here's your top 10:

1. Jody Miller
  2. Gordon Buckland
  3. Richard Burnoski
  4. Gavin Trussell
  5. Doug Pike
  6. Jason Cole
  7. Jeff Carr
  8. Amy Pool
  9. Thomas Meeks
  10. Peter Goldsmith

Aug 08, 2019, 09:33 PM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
Thanks again Jason for all the updates and pix!!
Aug 09, 2019, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the pictures Jason! And the write up.
Aug 10, 2019, 05:47 PM
Play loud, Fly high

Reporting

Jason is a great pilot in his own right, a great guy to hang with, and fantastic for taking the time to report on our glider camp.
Aug 11, 2019, 10:22 AM
Flying High
Thanks for the pictures and article Jason!

Does anyone have a clear copy of the final scores?

Dave Quist
President
MVSA
Aug 11, 2019, 11:57 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking64
Thanks for the pictures and article Jason!

Does anyone have a clear copy of the final scores?

Dave Quist
President
MVSA
Here's the final scores for Unlimited.

Quick Reply