Aug 17, 2019, 10:24 AM
Old-school glow kit-builder

R/C Flying Field

This is my future field. Ten miles from the house
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2019, 10:28 AM
My grandson Cade has been flying the PAU Edge 36% scale on the simulator. He like doing inside loops, scrapping the ground, and knocking off the landing gear. He thinks that is fun
Aug 18, 2019, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Lol sorry I couldn't get back to you guys earlier. Yes David I either have grass homemade runway, gravel road, or a public road
Aug 18, 2019, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Lee that field looks like a nice place to fly in.
Aug 18, 2019, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
Balsa work bench I don't have sugar but corn and I believe you that you can get scraped up bad. Im not sure if I can get to flying field again with instructor or not. I will have to ask my mom because instructor there in morning and early afternoon hours. He made an exception for me that one day.
Aug 18, 2019, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
I can make my runway biggest actually
Aug 18, 2019, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Bigger*
Aug 18, 2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben h.
Lee that field looks like a nice place to fly in.
I looked at 3 or 4 and this is going to be the one for me. I am happy with the field. I can get a model plane in and out of there easily. When I have things ready to fly I will give them money for membership. I will then ease into it and see what the culture is like.
Aug 18, 2019, 07:48 PM
Thread OP
Sounds good
Aug 19, 2019, 02:51 PM

1982 R/C Flying Atlanta

Here is a link to the spot of my first R/C solo. Thirty seven years ago it was undeveloped hard packed dirt.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...402694254&z=18

Was flying a Sr. Falcon.
Aug 19, 2019, 07:45 PM
Thread OP
That falcon looks so cool. And flying field looks real nice too. Hard dirt seems like it would do OK. My runway is pretty complete and I extended it like 10 more feet, it's pretty long now. I think I'm going to just send it, and fly my plane good or bad soon.
Aug 19, 2019, 07:58 PM
Well that was my attitude also way back in 1982. I think it was an act of God that my instructor happened alone. Thinking back I would have never made it without him. You are lucky in that you have stuff to crash in that will minimize damage. Without an instructor, keeping the plane close is going to be a difficulty for you. Knowing which way it is going or whether it is right-side up or up-side down will haunt you also. I would put my name, address, phone number, email etc on the inside of the plane. A note card would work fine or any old piece of paper.
Aug 19, 2019, 08:29 PM
The hard dirt worked fine because it was a large area. In the beginning there is no way you are going to hit a runway.
Aug 19, 2019, 08:52 PM
Thread OP
OK my instructor said to put info on plane to I will tomorrow or soon. I know it will be difficult but I am in with little money and don't want to bother my mom to take me to field again. Thanks for advice though
Aug 19, 2019, 08:53 PM
Thread OP
Hope hard grass will work for runway

Quick Reply