Aug 15, 2019, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkal
I’ve really been impressed with the stock TH Feestyle in acro/air mode. definitely worth every cent. No oscillations throughout throttle range for me. smooth precise agile and quiet.

However, I have noticed some minor accelerometer drift while in angle or horizon mode where lateral drift will build during 5 minutes of flying. It was very noticeable indoors. Im not sure anything can be done to prevent this? When this occurs, I am forced to hold a bias in the stick in order to stop the quad from drifting.
Usually due to vibrations. Make sure the FC is properly positioned on rubber stand offs and screws are snug
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 01:15 AM
Old !Bold Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteatoLegato
Usually due to vibrations. Make sure the FC is properly positioned on rubber stand offs and screws are snug
Thanks for the reply. The flight controller installation is per the factory... rubber damping grommets with nuts securely on top. Perhaps I could see if the torque could be backed off a bit on the nuts to reduce the stiffness.
Aug 16, 2019, 12:19 PM
FireHawx
So, got a few more packs through my freestyle. I did fly it with a 1s 300 man pack, just to see how it would perform. It was very light weight and responsive. I did get about 1:30 flight time.
Aug 16, 2019, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx
So, put about 15 packs through my FStyle and it is a very smooth flier. I didn't have the same oscillation problems that AndyRc had in his video. The vtx range is limited, also I am using a FlySky external rx so I have plenty of range on that end just not the vtx. The camera is ok, but at dusk don't even try it. It really struggles with shadow and dark area. But I will say that it has a nice picture during midday sun.
I made a jumper plug so I could use my xt30packs and the 1s pack with the p.h2.0.. But for some reason it will only power up with the xt30packs now? It no longer powers up when I use the 2 1s packs? Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen?
The frame is also pretty strong, I plowed it into the ground WOT and it did bend one of the 2 arm supports. It didn't break so I was able to wick some CA onto the arm and it's good to go!

Edit... I removed the heatshrink from the PH 2.0 connector and one of them has come unsoldered? Maybe to much heat/current? That's why it would only power up with my jumper. So everyone keep an eye on those solder joints.....
theres a good chance they are shipping it with my tune, but dont take my word for it
Aug 16, 2019, 02:45 PM
RC Helis and 3D foamies
It's strange they set it up to use 2 0ne cell packs. There doesn't seem to be many good chargers for one cell packs,

I have the original tiny hawk and it's little USB charger but I actually wonder how good that thing actually charges the packs and how are you supposed to storage charge your 1s packs to keep them healthy none of the little one cell chargers I've seen have any good options for that kind of thing.

This looks like an amazing little quad tho..
Aug 16, 2019, 03:56 PM
Old !Bold Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-RC
theres a good chance they are shipping it with my tune, but dont take my word for it
Andy, thanks for your tunes and excellent videos!
i look forward to them.
Your freestyle video segments have me feeling the urge to do inverted yaw spins each time i’m upside down.
This TH Freestyle seems to have alot of freefall “hang” time to work with since it falls rather slowly.
The ER349 has alot of freefall “hang” time since it punches up soo amazingly high!
Aug 16, 2019, 03:59 PM
Old !Bold Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
It's strange they set it up to use 2 0ne cell packs. There doesn't seem to be many good chargers for one cell packs,

I have the original tiny hawk and it's little USB charger but I actually wonder how good that thing actually charges the packs and how are you supposed to storage charge your 1s packs to keep them healthy none of the little one cell chargers I've seen have any good options for that kind of thing.

This looks like an amazing little quad tho..
For storage charge you can simply remove them from the charger early. Or, you can just monitor battery voltage on the OSD and land at 3.8 V.
Aug 16, 2019, 06:19 PM
RC Helis and 3D foamies
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkal
For storage charge you can simply remove them from the charger early. Or, you can just monitor battery voltage on the OSD and land at 3.8 V.
As soon as I take off and the battery's are under load they show around 3.6v something on the OBD so it's kind of hard to go by that. One cells sag a lot I guess
Aug 17, 2019, 09:26 AM
Llama
Profile 1 is the stock tune that came on my THFS well PID's at least, I did change the rates.

Anyone got a tune for the bi blade props such as the gemfan or HQ 65mm props?

Default tune freaks out on arm, so i just hopped over to profile 2 ans started playing with it.

So far it fly's pretty good and handles propwash well enough, but I am getting bobble/wiggles during forward flight cruise as well as during long wide sweeping turns or orbits and I'm kinda at a loss.

It doesn't always do it so I know its not necessarily 100% the props fault and I feel it could be improved by more PID work. Any suggestions?

I broke my stock antenna and what I had on hand to replace it with was much longer and now sits up above the packs easily, giving a pretty nice video range upgrade. Now the quad isn't as slim and cant fit through as tight of gaps which is kinda a bummer, it also no longer will fit in the carrying case.
Aug 17, 2019, 10:39 AM
Anyone try changing the camera tilt for more speed? I know there's that second slot, but will the bottom slot allow it to tilt back enough?
Aug 17, 2019, 11:16 AM
Registered crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc_steve
Anyone try changing the camera tilt for more speed? I know there's that second slot, but will the bottom slot allow it to tilt back enough?
Yes, and I highly recommend it. I needed to loosen the front standoffs where it attaches to the bottom of the frame as well in order to provide enough clearance for the camera to tilt back. The camera is a tight fit between the standoffs but it will work once everything is aligned correctly.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokit
Yes, and I highly recommend it. I needed to loosen the front standoffs where it attaches to the bottom of the frame as well in order to provide enough clearance for the camera to tilt back. The camera is a tight fit between the standoffs but it will work once everything is aligned correctly.
Thanks! You forgot to mention a fair bit of mild cursing!

I *finally* got it in the second slot after much encouragement, but it's a wee bit cocked to the left, so I'm seeing some frame in the top corner. Should have checked the goggles before I left for the park. I have 2 of them, but only tried it on one, so perhaps the standoffs on this one need a diet. Might try shaving it down when I get some time. Definitely faster, and different handling, especially in the turns.
Aug 31, 2019, 05:28 PM
FireHawx
So I made some legs for my TF because the screws were getting scraped on the concrete. Also my hbrc props are a nice addition. The avans were IMO too loaded for the 1103 motors, especially towards the top end.
I love the handling and flight characteristics but, it's not the best for my backyard (that's where my trashcan shines) and it's not fast enough for the park I take my 3-5inch leads too. So I am kinda at a loss as to what this kwaq does best?
I have a FlySky Rx in so range is not an issues for it but the vtx is not up to the task. I considered dropping in a better vtx and camera but I just don't know if it's worth the effort?
Aug 31, 2019, 09:21 PM
Trith_FPV
3D printed custom cam mount for Runcam nano racer. Fits perfect. Also add XM+ with rssi on ch16. Next is the 350mw vtx I have for it. Very fun build!
Aug 31, 2019, 09:57 PM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
3D printed custom cam mount for Runcam nano racer. Fits perfect. Also add XM+ with rssi on ch16. Next is the 350mw vtx I have for it. Very fun build!
Really like the camera mount...can you share the stl?

I want to do a new vtx as well....mine is really poor

Quick Reply