Emax Tinyhawk Freestyle

https://emax-usa.com/emax-tinyhawk-f...vl-2s-bnf.html

Get it
Diagonal wheelbase (without paddles): 115mm
Maximum size of the aircraft (without antenna, cable tie): 180mm
Aircraft weight (without battery): 53g
Motor: TH1103-7000KV
Propeller: Avan Rush 2.5 inch Propeller
Main Flight Controller: F4(MATEKF411RX firmware)
ESC: 4 in 1 5A ESC
EMAX Tiny receiver(Compatible with Frsky remote control D8/D16 mode)
Camera: 600TVL CMOS Camera
Transmitter: 25mW Adjustable frequency 37CH
Battery: 1 Cell 450 mAh HV lipo battery (2 pCS)

Product Included:
1 x Tinyhawk Freestyle
1 x Instruction manual
2 x Emax 1s HV 450 mAh Battery
1 x Charger
1 x Screw pack
1 Bag x Extra Propeller Set (2x CW, 2x CCW)
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Aug 12, 2019 at 02:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2019, 03:40 PM
Emax TinyHawk Freestyle - ToothHawk (20 min 33 sec)
Aug 08, 2019, 03:41 PM
Emax TinyHawk Freestyle LOS (6 min 38 sec)
Aug 08, 2019, 04:12 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I admit when I saw the connector ... and 25w for the vtx...I felt that it was going to be crap, but Kabab's video changed my mind on this one.
Aug 09, 2019, 05:54 AM
Definitely getting this one.
What I like:
1. Top mount for lipos
2. solid C.F frame (I like the design as well)
3. Emax prop and motor.

What could be improved:
1. Battery connector-should have gone with XT30s.
2. Option for Xm+ and RXSR receivers.

Will wait a little while before ordering. Hopefully they sort out the terrible oscillation from the default Betaflight tune.(Based on RC Addict video)
I have good experience with Emax gear and they are mostly good quality.
Can't wait to see more unbiased reviews.

Regards,
AeroR
Aug 09, 2019, 05:56 AM
Not all vtx are borne equal... but before rapidfire I struggled with the original tinyhawk... and it looks like it’s on pins ffs
Meh rapidfire ftw
Aug 09, 2019, 06:53 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
It seems to fly really well, but I still don't like some of the design choices. No freely tiltable camera, 25mW max VTX, antenna being on a weird spot. It's clever to try and re-purpose TinyHawk parts, but they may have taken it a little too far.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 09, 2019, 08:00 AM
I like the looks of it. Light weight frame and nice layout. Don't like the battery connectors. I would convert it to XT-30. Camera is lacking. I still might buy one to fly around my yard.
Aug 09, 2019, 08:21 AM
All in one board and good motors have been a winning combo before... babyhawk anyone?
Aug 09, 2019, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroR
Definitely getting this one.
What I like:
1. Top mount for lipos
2. solid C.F frame (I like the design as well)
3. Emax prop and motor.

What could be improved:
1. Battery connector-should have gone with XT30s.
2. Option for Xm+ and RXSR receivers.

Will wait a little while before ordering. Hopefully they sort out the terrible oscillation from the default Betaflight tune.(Based on RC Addict video)
I have good experience with Emax gear and they are mostly good quality.
Can't wait to see more unbiased reviews.

Regards,
AeroR
AndyRC reviewed it and posted a different PID tune that doesn´t have the oscillation.
You can find reviews on youtube from a lot of testers already, and all praise the kwad.
Aug 12, 2019, 01:06 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
Emax Freestlye My Tune & Easy Fixes (6 min 37 sec)
Aug 12, 2019, 10:05 PM
FireHawx
Just received mine today and I gotta say that the frame is nice! Everything else is good quality, I won't get to get any stick time in tonight(wife is off and wants to spent time together) BUT tomorrow should be good to go! Also, Pyrodrone was very fast shipping it out so if your looking check them out.
I will be using my turnigy evo so I need to solder up an rx but the top comes off for relatively easy access. I am considering making a PH2.0 jumper with an xt30. Soldering 2 PH connects to 1 xt30 so I can use both 1s and xt30 packs. I think 2 PH should easily handle the extra current? Anyone tried this yet?
Also have some old hbrc 4bladed prop I cut down to 2 blades to try out.
Last edited by FireHawx; Aug 12, 2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: More...
Aug 13, 2019, 02:57 PM
I received mine yesterday from RDQ (really good service!)

I did the simple config, but it wouldn't arm. CLI STATUS revealed a "calib" error which means the gyro's noise threshold is high. I raised the gyro_calib_noise_limit from the default of 48 to 80 and was finally able to arm.

Once in the air, it twitched and tweaked all over the place, with the occasional throttle runaway. Obviously a gyro noise or filtering problem. I flashed to BF4.0.5 and restored the factory default dump from the emax website - same result. I flashed back to the stock BF4.0.4 and restored the factory default dump from the emax website - same result.

I carefully checked the board soft mount and looked for items that may be loose causing problems. I tried both sets of props (that came with it). Just couldn't get it to stop twitching.

I emailed emax usa and they responded with a RMA this afternoon.

Not all that impressed with the emax QC. I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks to find out how it fly's.....
Aug 15, 2019, 01:53 PM
FireHawx
So, put about 15 packs through my FStyle and it is a very smooth flier. I didn't have the same oscillation problems that AndyRc had in his video. The vtx range is limited, also I am using a FlySky external rx so I have plenty of range on that end just not the vtx. The camera is ok, but at dusk don't even try it. It really struggles with shadow and dark area. But I will say that it has a nice picture during midday sun.
I made a jumper plug so I could use my xt30packs and the 1s pack with the p.h2.0.. But for some reason it will only power up with the xt30packs now? It no longer powers up when I use the 2 1s packs? Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen?
The frame is also pretty strong, I plowed it into the ground WOT and it did bend one of the 2 arm supports. It didn't break so I was able to wick some CA onto the arm and it's good to go!

Edit... I removed the heatshrink from the PH 2.0 connector and one of them has come unsoldered? Maybe to much heat/current? That's why it would only power up with my jumper. So everyone keep an eye on those solder joints.....
Last edited by FireHawx; Aug 15, 2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: More.
Aug 15, 2019, 04:51 PM
Old !Bold Pilot
I’ve really been impressed with the stock TH Feestyle in acro/air mode. definitely worth every cent. No oscillations throughout throttle range for me. smooth precise agile and quiet.

However, I have noticed some minor accelerometer drift while in angle or horizon mode where lateral drift will build during 5 minutes of flying. It was very noticeable indoors. Im not sure anything can be done to prevent this? When this occurs, I am forced to hold a bias in the stick in order to stop the quad from drifting.
Last edited by kevinkal; Aug 15, 2019 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply