EC-1500 Twin 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select (EFL5750)

The EC-1500 Twin delivers a flying experience no other airplane can! Loaded with features, it's an incredible value - offering an extremely wide flight envelope from slow and scale-like to 3D aerobatic, with a functional cargo door, lights and more!

Splash

A Super Cool Twin!

We got to check this out at the Horizon Hobby RC Fest but couldn't talk about it! I'm excited to be able to report on this cool twin. I have never thought to myself, "maybe I need a twin" until I watched this fly. Here is the info...

Here are the photos I took at RC Fest...

From Horizon...

The E-flite EC-1500 Twin is a groundbreaking design that offers a unique flight experience for a wide range of pilots. This twin/multi-motor model carries echoes of full-scale civil and military cargo transport aircraft, but it has an incredible range of capabilities and options that no other RC airplane can match. Featuring 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props, the EC-1500's flight envelope encompasses everything from slow and scale-like, to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capabilities! You can fly from paved, grass and dirt surfaces; from snow with the included optional-use skis; or from water using the optional float set (sold separately). It also includes factory-installed LED lights, a functional cargo door, plus decals to customize the finish with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings.

E-flite® EC-1500 Twin 1.5m PNP & BNF® Basic (4 min 0 sec)

Features

• Unique and ground-breaking design capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying AND aggressive 3D aerobatics
  • Can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces, or from snow with the included optional-use skis
  • Fly from water using the optional float set (sold separately) and included mounting hardware
  • High-power 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props
  • Easily fits 3S or 4S 3200–6400mAh batteries in the extremely large battery compartment
  • Plenty of power to hover and for unlimited vertical performance when using 4S batteries
  • Selectable-size flaps can travel both ways for multiple wing configuration and mixing options
  • Operational, servo-controlled cargo door with 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm).
  • Eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all surfaces and the functional cargo door
  • Steerable nose wheel and a separate switching BEC for reliable control system performance
  • Precise ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on all control surfaces
  • Factory-installed Spektrum™ 6-channel 2.4GHz receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
  • Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
  • Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights
  • Magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro® * and similar HD action cameras (cameras sold separately)
  • Separate FPV camera mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately)
  • Surface details including panel lines, hatches and more, plus a factory-applied scale-inspired trim scheme
  • Included decal sheet with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings
  • No tools required for field assembly – hands-free connections and thumbscrews to secure the wings
  • Almost fully factory-assembled for extremely fast and easy final assembly without glue
  • Very large, yet lightweight and extremely durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe

A Ground Up Design!

The E-flite EC-1500 Twin features an all-new, ground-up design optimized for capability, versatility and FUN to deliver a flying experience you simply can't get with any other airplane! It's effectively many airplanes in one, with a wide flight envelope that includes slow and scale-like, to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capability.

The twin power systems feature brushless outrunner motors, robust ESCs, and custom five-blade counter-rotating propellers. This setup delivers excellent performance with a 3S 3200–6400mAh LiPo battery or you can install a 4S battery for the power to hover and unlimited vertical capability — without modifications or upgrades! There are eight factory-installed servos, including one to operate the functional cargo door so you can carry and drop creative payloads from the large cargo bay. Realistic looking LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights are powered from the flight battery so you can fly from dawn until dusk — from paved, grass, or dirt surfaces; off snow using the included skis; or from large ponds or lakes using optional floats (sold separately).

Remove the magnetically secured nose cone to install a GoPro® or similar camera for recording aerial HD footage, or mount a separate FPV camera on the large top hatch (cameras and camera gear sold separately). Plus you can use the included decals to customize the scale-inspired trim scheme with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings to personalize your model.

Learn More

Head over to Horizon Hobby for pricing and more info!

Aug 08, 2019, 02:43 PM
This is too cool! Has the C-27 appeal to it. I Like the fact that it has metal geared servos that will last longer than a few flights and the large flight envelope. Can’t wait till they come into stock! Wish there was a demo one available that I could fly! Definitely excited for this! Wish it came out sooner, it would’ve been great to take to our local town Coast Guard festival with the Coast Guard markings!
Last edited by Wierda; Aug 08, 2019 at 03:13 PM.
Aug 08, 2019, 03:21 PM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Looks cool, but £380 in the UK?
Seriously?
(equivalent to $462 USD)

For that money, you could buy TWO HobbyKing BushMules. Plus HK customer service is significantly better than HH in the UK.

Avios BushMule 1500mm (59") - HobbyKing Product Video (1 min 50 sec)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/avios-bu...-blue-pnf.html

Better still, HobbyKing often has the bushmule on sale for just £145.....
Last edited by JPJI; Aug 08, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
Aug 08, 2019, 03:27 PM
Quite the opposite here in the US dealing with HK, they are miserable to deal with here. Plus HK doesn’t offer the best replacement parts availability that Horrizon Hobby does. And you have to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Aug 08, 2019, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierda
Quite the opposite here in the US dealing with HK, they are miserable to deal with here. Plus HK doesn’t offer the best replacement parts availability that Horrizon Hobby does. And you have to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.
Horizon Hobby has awful customer service in the UK. The last plane I purchased from Horizon ended up being thrown away as they had no spare parts and zero customer support. I even sent a letter to Horizons CEO about it - and didn't even get an acknowledgement.
Last edited by JPJI; Aug 08, 2019 at 03:45 PM.
Aug 08, 2019, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJI
Horizon Hobby has awful customer service in the UK. The last plane I purchased from Horizon ended up being thrown away as they had no spare parts and zero customer support.
That’s quite unfortunate. It’s the reverse roll play here. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Here we have some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.
Last edited by Wierda; Aug 08, 2019 at 03:49 PM.
Aug 08, 2019, 07:03 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Very cool plane. Good job HH
Aug 08, 2019, 11:03 PM
DFS#000178
Parkflyer Plastics canopy when?
Aug 09, 2019, 07:30 AM
Seems to be a great plane. Price is no problem, if this model continues Eflite's higher quality. HK models are no comparison and don't last long.
I also more like the twin engine concept, especially with the counter-rotating props.

I personally have no experience with such bulky planes. Could HorizonHobby be a little more precise about pilot skills. Could a beginner-intermediate pilot fly it, who did the Timber or Apprentice before ?
Aug 09, 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumi
Seems to be a great plane. Price is no problem, if this model continues Eflite's higher quality. HK models are no comparison and don't last long.
I also more like the twin engine concept, especially with the counter-rotating props.

I personally have no experience with such bulky planes. Could HorizonHobby be a little more precise about pilot skills. Could a beginner-intermediate pilot fly it, who did the Timber or Apprentice before ?
I would imagine it would be great for seasoned beginner to intermediate, with the airfoil design. It is very similar to the apprentice wing, just the added new skill of flaps compared to an apprentice. Yes it is bigger but they have everything dialed down so well with the receivers now days, as long as you get some good flight simulator time in, which I highly recommend to everyone, or have mastered the skills of the apprentice. You can fly these new plans Horrizon has comfortably and bring them home safely with confidence.
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Aug 09, 2019, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Don't be so quick to judge HK quality. As I own both the HK BushMule and many E-Flite (HH) planes, I can honestly say that the quality of the BushMule is at least as good (and in many cases better) than any of my E-Flite planes.

The BushMule has counter-rotating props too.

For those without an unlimited budget, price is a big consideration too!

Aug 09, 2019, 09:36 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
What? My SkyMules have hundreds of flights on them and are still as good as the day they came out of the box. I even converted one of them to EDFs and kept the stock electronics.

I've never had a HobbyKing plane fall apart in the air.

Yes, I'm still salty about the Pulse 15e.
Last edited by Rampage; Aug 11, 2019 at 07:15 PM.
Aug 09, 2019, 10:51 AM
Might just make my return into the hobby with this! Looks like a ton of fun.
Aug 09, 2019, 10:58 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Looks sweet, and objectively worth the money. However, it's a bit more than I'd personally want to spend on such a plane.
Aug 09, 2019, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
What? My SkyMulea have hundreds of flights on them and are still as good as the day they came out of the box. I even converted one of them to EDFs and kept the stock electronics.

I've never had a HobbyKing plane fall apart in the air.

Yes, I'm still salty about the Pulse 15e.
Yeah, the E-Flite Pulse 15e was very poorly constructed. Nice to fly if you did a ton of mods to it, but a lemon straight out of the box.

Quick Reply