Nov 29, 2020, 01:55 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
It shows in the manual 3mm of down elevator from the fuselage extension (whatever that's called) is neutral.

Has anyone else tried to install the float mount pads?
I tried and the rear screws hit something inside just like the manual says but there's nothing under the front pad until the bottom of the battery tray. Pushing a 1mm rod in till it hits something tells me the screws are about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the battery tray and there's nothing in the foam between that.

Guess I'll either have to rely on glue which I don't like or find longer screws and cut them off if they poke through the battery tray.
Last edited by CR5; Nov 29, 2020 at 08:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2020, 10:36 AM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
It shows in the manual 3mm of down elevator from the fuselage extension (whatever that's called) is neutral.

Has anyone else tried to install the float mount pads?
I tried and the rear screws hit something inside just like the manual says but there's nothing under the front pad until the bottom of the battery tray. Pushing a 1mm rod in till it hits something tells me the screws are about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the battery tray and there's nothing in the foam between that.

Guess I'll either have to rely on glue which I don't like or find longer screws and cut them off if they poke through the battery tray.
I have been looking at the manual and trying to find a video ( no luck) of someone installing the floats. it is very confusion on how they want you to mount them. good luck if you figure it out please post some pictures at least.
yeah I seen that in the manual about the elevator and had forgotten all about it. kinda strange they are saying it needs that down to fly straight. I know my 5000 weigh more and will give more forward CG.
The 3300 is 13 ounce while the 5000 is 17.35

If anyone wants to pick up a 2nd one of these now is the time its on sale again for $100 off. for cyber monday. i should had waited i guess, if i had the money i would pick up a back up its a really cool plane.
Nov 30, 2020, 10:44 AM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
I have been looking at the manual and trying to find a video ( no luck) of someone installing the floats. it is very confusion on how they want you to mount them. good luck if you figure it out please post some pictures at least.
yeah I seen that in the manual about the elevator and had forgotten all about it. kinda strange they are saying it needs that down to fly straight. I know my 5000 weigh more and will give more forward CG.
The 3300 is 13 ounce while the 5000 is 17.35

If anyone wants to pick up a 2nd one of these now is the time its on sale again for $100 off. for cyber monday. i should had waited i guess, if i had the money i would pick up a back up its a really cool plane.
I got burned in the same manner buying my 2.1m Carbon Cub back in June and now it's $100 off.
I don't have the patience to wait for everything I want to be on sale

I bought 3 more planes this weekend

Opterra 1.2 was on for $100 off so I had to buy that one.
FMS 1500mm P-47 was 16% off so had to buy that one.
Weird little 1400mm PNP EDF powered foam warmliner off ebay was only $160 (Canadian) so had to buy that one,
Last edited by CR5; Nov 30, 2020 at 10:52 AM.
Nov 30, 2020, 02:43 PM
Somehow something bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
Weird little 1400mm PNP EDF powered foam warmliner off ebay was only $160 (Canadian) so had to buy that one,
Neat! can you share? I want to check that out!

Been thinking of getting one of these for a while, seems like a great way to hoon about the sky and do fun STOL things. I am running a 4S setup in my Arrows Bigfoot and figure the EC1500 would give me a similar experience with the added benefit of bombing runs with water balloons and other such hijinks. For the owners here, how slow can I get this thing? I like to fly around goal posts and stuff like that, EC1500 capable?

-Ad
Last edited by rurumonster; Nov 30, 2020 at 02:52 PM.
Nov 30, 2020, 09:09 PM
FlyMike
Rurumonster, this plane will do whatever you want it to do. It does slow flight and high alpha very well, it will also speed up to a respectable velocity. With the right CG it is extremely aerobatic. You will have a lot of fun. If you get one just be sure that you have the recent upgrade for the prop adapters and make sure they are on tight. Many of us have had a prop come off with the older prop adapters. I have had no problems now.
Nov 30, 2020, 10:05 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurumonster
Neat! can you share? I want to check that out!

Been thinking of getting one of these for a while, seems like a great way to hoon about the sky and do fun STOL things. I am running a 4S setup in my Arrows Bigfoot and figure the EC1500 would give me a similar experience with the added benefit of bombing runs with water balloons and other such hijinks. For the owners here, how slow can I get this thing? I like to fly around goal posts and stuff like that, EC1500 capable?

-Ad

I can't find any more of them.
Looks like it will be a fun little toy.

JPower Explorer EDF powered Sport Glider

Specifications:

Length: 30in (765mm)
Wingspan: 55in (1400mm)
Flying Weight: 460g (16.5oz)
Motor or Engine: 4300KV Brushless Outrunner
Electric Ducted Fan (EDF): 50mm - EDF
Servos: 8 gram servos (3pcs)
ESC: 20A Brushless ESC
Plug Type: T-Plug

Required:
4 Channel Transmitter/Receiver
1300 mAh 3S Lipo Battery 20C

The EC-1500 will fly slow but you have to be careful, I've tip stalled into a death spiral twice coming around off the downwind leg onto final getting too slow.
I almost saved it the second time but a mean old tree reached out and molested my plane.
They're tough and easy to glue back together.

You'll have to be careful with your cargo, the bay is almost entirely behind the CG and the servo and pushrod are in a crappy spot.
Last edited by CR5; Nov 30, 2020 at 10:15 PM.
Dec 01, 2020, 02:33 PM

Motors will not arm, no tones

This is my 3rd C130. I flew the first one multiple times without issue. I stalled it on a downwind turn and totalled it. I bought a replacement and had an issue where I could not arm the motors. I received a replacement plane from HobbyKing and am having the same issue. Everything on the plane works perfect. All control surfaces, all lights, gear, cargo door. When I power up the plane, I get one beep but not the individual beeps from the motors like I remember. I have the throttle servo lead plugged into the throttle spot on the receiver and the red and white other lead from the BEC into an empty channel.
What am I doing wrong. Could the receiver be bad from the first crash even though every other control works perfect? I checked all the connections inside the plane and don't see anything disconnected. The likely hood of two planes being defective seem slim to me so I must be doing something wrong.

HELP please....

Thanks, Bill
Dec 01, 2020, 02:41 PM
disregard last, wrong thread
Dec 01, 2020, 02:42 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneedles
This is my 3rd C130. I flew the first one multiple times without issue. I stalled it on a downwind turn and totalled it. I bought a replacement and had an issue where I could not arm the motors. I received a replacement plane from HobbyKing and am having the same issue. Everything on the plane works perfect. All control surfaces, all lights, gear, cargo door. When I power up the plane, I get one beep but not the individual beeps from the motors like I remember. I have the throttle servo lead plugged into the throttle spot on the receiver and the red and white other lead from the BEC into an empty channel.
What am I doing wrong. Could the receiver be bad from the first crash even though every other control works perfect? I checked all the connections inside the plane and don't see anything disconnected. The likely hood of two planes being defective seem slim to me so I must be doing something wrong.

HELP please....

Thanks, Bill
You're in the wrong thread.
This is not a Hobbyking plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneedles
disregard last, wrong thread
Thanks,
Good luck getting it sorted out.
Dec 01, 2020, 03:02 PM
Somehow something bad
Thanks everyone for the input, pulled the trigger last night! Very much looking forward to flying and doing a sweet re-paint.
Dec 01, 2020, 09:08 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurumonster
Thanks everyone for the input, pulled the trigger last night! Very much looking forward to flying and doing a sweet re-paint.
Check out the RCgeek repaint. I think he did a great job.

I'm thinking of something similar since mine is so scarred up it could use some cosmetic touchups.
Maybe a paint job would help me quit treating it like a beater

Quick Foam Warbird Painting -- Making a C-27 Spartan from the E-flite EC-1500 (12 min 33 sec)
Dec 02, 2020, 09:22 AM
B. Redeker - Portfolio Manager
Agree, Chris did an awesome job on his repaint. I have seen a few that have been done and they look pretty good. I really like the USCG scheme and it is fitting living in Coast Guard City USA. If I were to change it, I would do something like what RC Geek did to his with a USAF scheme and thought about making an AC-1500 gunship.
Dec 02, 2020, 12:36 PM
Somehow something bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
Check out the RCgeek repaint. I think he did a great job.

I'm thinking of something similar since mine is so scarred up it could use some cosmetic touchups.
Maybe a paint job would help me quit treating it like a beater

https://youtu.be/M3HFkYjSy_k
That is precisely the video I watched to inspire the repaint, ha!
Dec 02, 2020, 02:05 PM
34 years of flight.
I have no idea who plane this one belongs to but if i did a redo on the paint it would have to be something like this, I love this scheme always have and well the ones like Geek did and others i just do not care for. those are very hard colors to see in the sky and i like my planes bright and to stand out.
Dec 02, 2020, 10:07 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
I have no idea who plane this one belongs to but if i did a redo on the paint it would have to be something like this, I love this scheme always have and well the ones like Geek did and others i just do not care for. those are very hard colors to see in the sky and i like my planes bright and to stand out.
I like that paint job as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350
Agree, Chris did an awesome job on his repaint. I have seen a few that have been done and they look pretty good. I really like the USCG scheme and it is fitting living in Coast Guard City USA. If I were to change it, I would do something like what RC Geek did to his with a USAF scheme and thought about making an AC-1500 gunship.
If my Cargo looked as nice as yours I wouldn't touch it.

Quick Reply