Sep 21, 2019, 12:07 AM
The Timber, SR22 and other prop adapters are larger than the smaller EC 1500 adapters and will hold the prop and spinner backplate on but the spinner can’t be used. For $1 more get the Esprit adapters. Use a 3x15 mm bolt to hold the 5 bladed spinner on to the Esprit adapter. See my previous post

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=424
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 12:52 AM

EC 1500 model holder/transporter

The take apart design of the EC 1500 is a great feature. However storing the wings can be tricky. I made a simple plane holder from PVC and foam pipe insulation. The fuselage is supported with “X” uprights so the assembled plane and props can be “run up” at flight idle without interference with the frame. The frame is screwed to the inside of a plastic tub. All parts, batteries and tools fit inside the tub. The pics show the stabs and fin inside the tub for minimum storage space but can be installed on the fuselage for quicker assembly at the field. Not shown is a bungee cord that keeps the tub and model from sliding off the club assembly table. See my blog for more info.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:09 PM
mdv
mdv
Looks great! Do you need the PVC frame if you don't want to run the motors while in the tub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicT
The take apart design of the EC 1500 is a great feature. However storing the wings can be tricky. I made a simple plane holder from PVC and foam pipe insulation. The fuselage is supported with “X” uprights so the assembled plane and props can be “run up” at flight idle without interference with the frame. The frame is screwed to the inside of a plastic tub. All parts, batteries and tools fit inside the tub. The pics show the stabs and fin inside the tub for minimum storage space but can be installed on the fuselage for quicker assembly at the field. Not shown is a bungee cord that keeps the tub and model from sliding off the club assembly table. See my blog for more info.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:27 PM
WOW, that's a lot of dis-assembly.
Still leaving the wings on mine when I take it to the club field, but barely fits, so after tomorrow, I will likely remove the wings.
Don't have a problem hauling or storing it with the tail on, so won't be removing those.
Sep 21, 2019, 03:18 PM

Nemo No More

I couldn't help myself. I still have some detail work to do, but basically, it's done.

JB
Sep 21, 2019, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan
I couldn't help myself. I still have some detail work to do, but basically, it's done.

JB
That looks really nice , but I would miss my Porky
Sep 21, 2019, 03:25 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Quote:

JB
Very nice! I wish my eyes were good enough to fly a gray airplane, but alas they aren't.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:03 PM
AMA #937780
Quote:

JB
Looks great!!
Tell us how you did it.

G.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:36 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:

JB
Fantastic work, Jim.
You did the exact scheme I was planning to do. Not sure I want to now, since yours is emaculate. The bar has been set high!
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Sep 21, 2019, 06:59 PM

Floats

Got her on Floats today, had to use my own screws as the kit and included ones did not work.
Sep 21, 2019, 07:39 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Hope you shoot some video of her on floats & post it on here!

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Sep 21, 2019, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Hope you shoot some video of her on floats & post it on here!

Joel
Joel when you get yours, make sure you vid yourself hovering ,harrying and flat spinning just like Clive is going to do
Sep 21, 2019, 07:59 PM
If I get brave, I might do a loop & a roll
Don't want to abuse Porky & get accused of animal cruelty.
Sep 21, 2019, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
If I get brave, I might do a loop & a roll
Don't want to abuse Porky & get accused of animal cruelty.
Well make sure that 1 loop and roll are Scale or many will have Panic attacks
Sep 21, 2019, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Well make sure that 1 loop and roll are Scale or many will have Panic attacks
It will be my version of scale.
Outside loops are scale for this plane, right ?
Not sure if it would like a snap roll though

Quick Reply