Sep 08, 2019, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
This bird flies great! Got four flights in for maiden, and winds were 8-10 mph gusty to 15. No problem. TO from grass with no flaps works best, as it LEAPS into the air once it gets flight speed. Not much of rotation due to the LG configuration, but it looks cools as it rockets at a 45 deg climb.

I love a twin for many reasons, and this plane has great stability, climb, and power. I ran a 4S 5000 mah. Did all the typical aerobatics, and will try 3D now that I moved the control arm on the horizontal servo to the outer hole.

This is the first plane I feel comfortable with flying high rates all the time. It is just so well behaved. I like the big size, but not to big to fit in my Honda with the wings on!

This is a home run Horizon. What a unique fun release.

Now I am making a chute release tube for the back cargo bay. I will post pics when complete.

I had my maiden today as well with the same results. My new favorite plane. I also ran a 4s 5000. It does leap into the air on take off. I broke the left spinner when screwing it back in after checking the prop bolt. So I flew it on one spinner. I ordered another one. Used a very small dab of Zap blue thread locker. Everything held in place. A very nice plane to fly.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2019, 05:53 PM

C-27

Thanks Callie graphics! Still working on it. I have about 20 flights on it with no problems!
Sep 10, 2019, 06:41 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Long thread.... how are you guys setting it up?

I'm thinking big flap option and set it up so that it will follow ailerons too in normal mode by maybe 50%. (Doing it in my Jeti so I can do whatever I like )

Any do's and don'ts?
Sep 10, 2019, 07:38 AM
I just love the USCG graphics!
Sep 10, 2019, 05:43 PM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by durkistan
Thanks Callie graphics! Still working on it. I have about 20 flights on it with no problems!
Looking good. Scale can be awesome. Thanks.
Sep 10, 2019, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by durkistan
Callie quoted me $29 for the EC-1500 Coast Guard decals but their website does not show any graphic details. I see from your pic you get CJ27 Spartan type windows and a door and fin decal. What air station decals are included or do you specify a custom air station name?
Sep 11, 2019, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicT
Callie quoted me $29 for the EC-1500 Coast Guard decals but their website does not show any graphic details. I see from your pic you get CJ27 Spartan type windows and a door and fin decal. What air station decals are included or do you specify a custom air station name?
I specified the air station and tail numbers.
Sep 11, 2019, 11:15 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
My spinners does not fit. It this a common problem?

They do not mate with the prop adapter making the screw not bottoming out. I did tighten a bit and after the night one sheered and popped away laving a hole in the spinner and a "washer" on the screw....
Sep 11, 2019, 12:22 PM
Osprey
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
My spinners does not fit. It this a common problem?

They do not mate with the prop adapter making the screw not bottoming out. I did tighten a bit and after the night one sheered and popped away laving a hole in the spinner and a "washer" on the screw....
My spinners fit fine with a bit of care to make sure all 5 legs fit in the spinner backplate.

Jag tror att du drog åt lite hårt. Det hände för mig på en spinner också. Jag limmade tillbaks plastbiten som kom av med epoxy. Nu passar den bra igen.

Lycka till, 1500 är ett jätte bra plan.
Sep 11, 2019, 06:38 PM
The proper way to tighten props is in this vid
Unboxing and Assembly: E-flite® EC-1500 Twin 1.5m (31 min 19 sec)
Sep 11, 2019, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
The proper way to tighten props is in this vid https://youtu.be/3OjwsRiqBVg
Oh crap, I did everything wrong lol
Sep 11, 2019, 11:17 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Clive!
Sep 12, 2019, 12:30 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Oh crap, I did everything wrong lol
First time I ever heard someone making you think the spinner should not be tightened down....

Design flaw....
Sep 12, 2019, 12:51 AM

7 batteries, good to go....

I got the new set of prop adapters, replaced the one I broke and the other one just in case and headed out to see if it was still my favorite. It is. Only issue was, once again, only 7 batteries. I only have 6 of the 14.8 volt batteries but drafted youngest grandson's 7.4 volt boat batteries to make up the seventh and had a great time, even when the wind picked up a bit. I took the z Cub along but never even pulled the wings out of storage, spent the whole time with the EC-1500. On the general subject of HH and quality control, that boat I borrowed the two 7.4 volt batteries from came with only one motor connected to the drive. One was properly connected to it's pump, the other was rolling around loose in the "engine room", connected only by the power wires. He, youngest grandson, was so disappointed after our first try. Now, after I went through it , he loves it, even more than his trains. There is an issue with QC at HH judging by my last four orders from them. The next bit is the kicker, I love them even though I paid for products that were ready to use and spent several days making them even function. HH if you are listening, get involved with the QC issue you gotta know you have cause in spite of, maybe in part because of, how much time it took to make them function, I love them and would really hate to see you, HH, go down the drain because QC was so poor. I was talking with a friend who runs a company that relies on manufactured goods from China and he has noted an increase in QC issues over the last couple of years.....
Sep 12, 2019, 03:03 AM
Quote:
If only there was an objective way to specify the recommended amount of force to apply to a fastener

Quick Reply