Aug 08, 2019, 06:46 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
New Product

EC-1500 Twin 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select

EC-1500 Twin 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select (Link to product page)

Also available in a PnP option ($369.00)

• Unique and ground-breaking design capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying AND aggressive 3D aerobatics
  • Can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces, or from snow with the included optional-use skis
  • Fly from water using the optional float set (sold separately) and included mounting hardware
  • High-power 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props
  • Easily fits 3S or 4S 3200–6400mAh batteries in the extremely large battery compartment
  • Plenty of power to hover and for unlimited vertical performance when using 4S batteries
  • Selectable-size flaps can travel both ways for multiple wing configuration and mixing options
  • Operational, servo-controlled cargo door with 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm).
  • Eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all surfaces and the functional cargo door
  • Steerable nose wheel and a separate switching BEC for reliable control system performance
  • Precise ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on all control surfaces
  • Factory-installed Spektrum™ 6-channel 2.4GHz receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
  • Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
  • Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights
  • Magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro® * and similar HD action cameras (cameras sold separately)
  • Separate FPV camera mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately)
  • Surface details including panel lines, hatches and more, plus a factory-applied scale-inspired trim scheme
  • Included decal sheet with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings
  • No tools required for field assembly – hands-free connections and thumbscrews to secure the wings
  • Almost fully factory-assembled for extremely fast and easy final assembly without glue
  • Very large, yet lightweight and extremely durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe
Needed to complete:
  • Full-range 6-7+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
  • 3200–6400mAh 3S or 4S 11.1–14.8V LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
  • Compatible LiPo charger

VIDEO:

E-flite® EC-1500 Twin 1.5m PNP & BNF® Basic (4 min 0 sec)

Proud Papa!

FPV options

Operational cargo door

Lighting package

LOVE these scimitar style props
Last edited by Bajora; Aug 08, 2019 at 07:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2019, 07:28 AM
Bomber Bob
Wow! This could be a good one!

Bob
Latest blog entry: The XB-38 s/n 41-2401
Aug 08, 2019, 08:45 AM
I wonder if those props could be adapted to the HK Avios C-130 to simulate a 'J' model? I realize these are 5-bladed and not the 6-bladed the J really has.
Aug 08, 2019, 09:02 AM
Parkstormer!
Interesting! That cargo compartment and some talcum powder could make for some fun "firefighting" runs, not to mention the inevitable paratroopers . . .
Aug 08, 2019, 09:34 AM
Just what I’m looking for. Good job Horizon.
Aug 08, 2019, 09:54 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
I wonder if the landing gear is easily removed for the retracted gear look/hand launch. I don't want to hand launch it, but I would rather do that than have gear hanging down.
If a sale comes along I could see adding one (and repainting it) but I am gonna just watch for now.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Aug 08, 2019, 10:20 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Bold choice. I like it!

RF
Aug 08, 2019, 10:28 AM
Landing is not optional
Lost me at fixed gear.
Aug 08, 2019, 10:32 AM
Looks like a fun airplane to add to any collection. I like the innovation!

However this aircraft is neither scale or a warbird, so I think its in the wrong thread.
Last edited by SMRTIC; Aug 08, 2019 at 10:41 AM.
Aug 08, 2019, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRTIC
Looks like a fun airplane to add to any collection. I like the innovation!

However this aircraft is neither scale or a warbird, so I think its in the wrong thread.
And it appeals to a very wide audience from low-time to experienced, scale, sport, 3D aerobatic and other pilots so we started a thread over in the Electric Plane Talk forum (sorry Bajora!):

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...!#post42473475
Aug 08, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Lost me at fixed gear.
We originally thought about it, but decided to go without retracts to keep the cost, complexity and weight down for added performance and capability. Also, even when the full-scale C-27 has the gear retracted part of the main gear/wheels are exposed:
Last edited by Jason M; Aug 08, 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Aug 08, 2019, 11:25 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
We originally thought about it, but decided to go without retracts to keep the cost, complexity and weight down for added performance and capability. Also, even when the full-scale C-27 has the gear retracted part of the main gear/wheels are exposed.
I can understand your reasoning, but I just can't go for a multi engine plane that size with the gear hanging down all the time!
Aug 08, 2019, 11:36 AM
I interested in the target audience here. While it certainly is cool it doesn’t really fit into a good category. I don’t particularly want my twin engine, high wing, cargo plane to be able to hover as a selling point.
Aug 08, 2019, 11:40 AM
I Do as i want all my planes to HOVER....HA...
Aug 08, 2019, 12:59 PM
I'd rather be flying!
I'm definitely in!!

Joel
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 9

Quick Reply