Feb 13, 2020, 03:05 PM
Winging It

Snowbike Winter Wonderland

Mountain biker Darren Berrecloth zips his snowbike through pristine snowy hillside in this continuous shot from the Skydio 2. The contrast between show and shadow adds drama, as do his fearless attacks on the slopes.

Skydio 2: Darren Berrecloth's Snowbike Winter Wonderland (4 min 17 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2020, 05:11 PM
Read the comments in the YouTube video. Folks questioned if others would receive the same service after a crash. This was Skydio's response:
"Hey James, we did reach out to billy because he tagged us and we noticed the abnormal behavior. We would do the same for other customers, no matter their subscriber count if we saw an abnormal crash on their social media. Everything after we got Billy’s info to our support team was handled just like any other warranty claim. Hope this clears things up!"
Someone else asked about shipping the replacement before receiving the crashed drone. This was Skydio's response:
"Yep, this is our policy if we determine the vehicle is going to be replaced as it makes shipping/receiving easier for the customer when they receive a box and shipping label to return the drone in. Hope this answers your questions."
You would never get this kind of service from that other drone manufacturer (rhymes with We May Spy.)
Feb 14, 2020, 08:37 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Pretty verbose, with no dog in the hunt.
Good comment! .... there sure are lovers and haters out there.
Feb 14, 2020, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
Read the comments in the YouTube video. Folks questioned if others would receive the same service after a crash. This was Skydio's response:
"Hey James, we did reach out to billy because he tagged us and we noticed the abnormal behavior. We would do the same for other customers, no matter their subscriber count if we saw an abnormal crash on their social media. Everything after we got Billy’s info to our support team was handled just like any other warranty claim. Hope this clears things up!"
Someone else asked about shipping the replacement before receiving the crashed drone. This was Skydio's response:
"Yep, this is our policy if we determine the vehicle is going to be replaced as it makes shipping/receiving easier for the customer when they receive a box and shipping label to return the drone in. Hope this answers your questions."
You would never get this kind of service from that other drone manufacturer (rhymes with We May Spy.)
Concur 100% but if you keep poking a stick in the bear's eye this thread will go the course of all those other so called rhyming threads.
Feb 14, 2020, 03:53 PM
Tweaker
Speaking about a dog in the hunt, I just completed my order. It looks like I will be hedge trimming soon enough!
Feb 14, 2020, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Speaking about a dog in the hunt, I just completed my order. It looks like I will be hedge trimming soon enough!
Congrats. Look forward to seeing some video.
Feb 16, 2020, 03:51 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
About time someone on here got one lol, Current shipments seems to have slowed. Hoping to get Adam on to give some updates soon.
Feb 17, 2020, 10:42 PM
Winging It

Skydio 2 in Ocotillo

Anthony Greco captures some beautiful Sonoran Desert scenery and shows off the truck-tracking ccops of Skydio 2.

Skydio 2 in Ocotillo (3 min 46 sec)
Feb 18, 2020, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petej
Anthony Greco captures some beautiful Sonoran Desert scenery and shows off the truck-tracking ccops of Skydio 2.

https://youtu.be/l_SYmkkt07Q
First time seeing props in an S2 clip. 2:22
Feb 20, 2020, 08:30 AM

Shipment Status

The SkydioPilots website is reporting that the number of pilots receiving order completion and tracking number emails is continuing to grow.

The most recent reports seem to indicate that Batch 2 orders are now well underway.
Feb 20, 2020, 09:41 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27
The SkydioPilots website is reporting that the number of pilots receiving order completion and tracking number emails is continuing to grow.

The most recent reports seem to indicate that Batch 2 orders are now well underway.
The "Breakdown"? Cause I guess someone needed a Data Base and Pie Chart? http://hypedphoto.com/skydio/index.cfm
Feb 28, 2020, 07:27 AM
Thread OP
Dustin Dunnill received his Skydio 2 and started his review series with a thorough unboxing/setup/update:

SKYDIO 2 Drone Review Part 1 - IN DEPTH [Unboxing, setup, updating, pros & cons] (31 min 35 sec)
Feb 28, 2020, 02:41 PM
Tweaker
I've not had time to do to much with mine yet. I have set it up and updated its software. It won't fly without an SD card inserted, no camera, can't proceed in the app etc. without the card. It also speed tests the card and rejects a slow one as well.

I cut a slot into the case to hold the Beacon, which is about all of the excess room left in this compact case.

I like the stock case for travel/backpack.

I tried the Skyreat water proof case which holds the TX, beacon, charger and many packs but found it just too big for my liking, lots of wasted space, so back it went to Amazon.
Mar 02, 2020, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Dustin Dunnill putting his Skydio 2 thru the test:

SKYDIO 2 Maiden Flight Test Review - On/Off Road & Tight Woods Fails (51 min 24 sec)
Mar 02, 2020, 01:38 PM
great! Skydio versus Toyota

Quick Reply