Oct 03, 2019, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Technically with the beacon you wouldn't be operating the drone, it's following the beacon with no interaction from you. The spirit of that reg is to not have you be distracted with operating a TX while driving. Besides VegasRobbi, not that many would use this function often, but excellent to have!

I've tossed in my Pre-order, looks like fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
Unless it's demonetized
I’m not sure the FAA will see it that way because you do have to control the beacon to change positions also I don’t know anyone with a demonetized YouTube channel. I think we are entering a grey zone here and might get the FAA feathers a ruffle. Just playing devils advocate here and in no way trying to be negative about the Skydio I'm excited about it.
Last edited by dragbikebam; Oct 03, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalas
Probably would scratch 360 cameras on the bottom.

As it will need a special case or it will get scratched in the backpack too..
Just like those special covers for insta360 and similar cameras.
There seems to be a triangular rib beside each of the cameras that extends above the lens surface. I assume these are to keep the drone from resting on the lenses.
Oct 03, 2019, 06:02 PM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo
It looks very impressive, I wonder how well it goes flying autonomously flying amongst trees and bushes whilst tracking mountain bikers?
They have videos of that already. It's freakin' awesome.
Oct 03, 2019, 06:15 PM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
Unless it's demonetized
I don't get a dime from anyone for my YT vids. I am not sponsored.
Oct 03, 2019, 07:47 PM
anyone know how the video links works? i mean if you want use it as FPV and not just to track you, but to explore something far,

does the video link works over 2,4 ghz wifi? if so, wonder data like power output, latency and so on,
Oct 03, 2019, 10:34 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1
anyone know how the video links works? i mean if you want use it as FPV and not just to track you, but to explore something far,

does the video link works over 2,4 ghz wifi? if so, wonder data like power output, latency and so on,
Probably similar to the Parrot Anafi, if not better, which is fine for FPV camera work.
Oct 04, 2019, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Probably similar to the Parrot Anafi, if not better, which is fine for FPV camera work.
how anafi works? wifi 2,4 ghz video?
Oct 04, 2019, 01:24 AM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Deleted. Oops... meant to write a private message.
Oct 04, 2019, 04:06 AM
Thread OP
More Skydio 2 video footage, also using it for more scenic video:

Skydio 2 test footage w/ DJI Mavic 2 Pro comparison - dronenr (6 min 14 sec)

But filming people posing on a railroad-track??
Oct 04, 2019, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
There seems to be a triangular rib beside each of the cameras that extends above the lens surface. I assume these are to keep the drone from resting on the lenses.
yep, but it will get scratched anyway if you land on ground.. or put in the backpack without covers.

Even worse are upside down props that will get destroyed with just a few ladings on the grass and gravel.. I always use hand launch/landing with mavic because of that.. but this will be even worse.

Though this is not even the worst part.. "battery stand" will tip the drone on the slightest inclination or a wind gust. It's like phantom horrible landing legs but way worse because support area is even smaller and props are even closer to the ground.

So basically hand launch/landing will be the only option for this type of design. And a dedicated case/cover is mandatory.

So I guess, DJ Mavic still has own advantages and quite many. Though it's nice to see competition for DJI products finally. And I hope it will force DJI to include similar camera AI functions in upcoming models.
Oct 04, 2019, 06:47 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Any testing done on how well the S2 does avoiding power/telephone lines??

P.S. Looks like my Mavic will soon get relegated to a backup drone... still pinching myself on how many navigation problems disappear when using the S2.
Oct 04, 2019, 06:52 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalas
yep, but it will get scratched anyway if you land on ground.. or put in the backpack without covers.

Even worse are upside down props that will get destroyed with just a few ladings on the grass and gravel.. I always use hand launch/landing with mavic because of that.. but this will be even worse.

Though this is not even the worst part.. "battery stand" will tip the drone on the slightest inclination or a wind gust. It's like phantom horrible landing legs but way worse because support area is even smaller and props are even closer to the ground.

So basically hand launch/landing will be the only option for this type of design. And a dedicated case/cover is mandatory.

So I guess, DJ Mavic still has own advantages and quite many. Though it's nice to see competition for DJI products finally. And I hope it will force DJI to include similar camera AI functions in upcoming models.
I think the hand launch/recovery concern is the least of DJI's worries...
Oct 04, 2019, 09:24 AM
Regards - Randy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27
I think the hand launch/recovery concern is the least of DJI's worries...
Iím not concerned about what DJIís worries might be.
The apparent fact that this is a hand launch/land aircraft is very concerning. I can see the lawsuits coming now from the parents over over-zealous kids that stuck their fingers into a hovering Salad-Shooter...
ó
Until they come up with a reasonable landing gear (DJI Mavicís are just barely so), I probably wonít be a player in this space...
ó
Watching with keen interest....
Oct 04, 2019, 12:01 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Looks like it might be worth trying out.

Dave
Oct 04, 2019, 12:14 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Skydio 2 autonomous 4K quadcopter

I have been made aware that the Skydio 2 has a max altitude of 100m from take off point limitation and it will also not fly indoors.

Iím trying to find out if this is with the RC as well as the beacon of is it just in the phone mode or when tracking subject.

Just at this stage be aware that this appears to be the case as Itís been confirmed by Skydio CS just not all the details sadly.

As also mentioned it will also not fly in low light or night either.

Once Adam comes back to me Iíll let you know, I would think the 100m is just for controlling by a phone via WiFi and tracking as that would make sense but would not expect there to be a limit with the RC my self in normal use but itís not confirmed yet.

It should also be added that this really is not a replacement or alternative for most camera drones. Itís a flying action camera really, itís what GoPro should have produced them selves, itís not really a replacement for any of the AP models alone. Itís a new product in a new segment as I see it.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Oct 04, 2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply