Feb 21, 2005, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Basketcase, yes the site is back up again. It was down for almost two days though.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2005, 07:43 PM
Relax! ;-)

The site is not down, and when you go there, look for a free download of the building instructions for both planes. About on the third page, you will find a very comprehensive table that lays out about 20 different power systems, the gear drives, the props, the batteries, ESC, etc... even gives you rough run times and performance figures. Pick the system that sounds like the way you want to fly, then write down the part numbers and go shopping on the various web sites for the best deals. Me, I'm going to take it easy on my wallet and stay with the park flyer performance GWS geared speed 400 package. The most expensive part of my plane will be the lipo battery pack and a new charger for it!

Yes, these planes are mostly set up for speed 400 class brushed or brushless motors.

As to the choices, Eagle or Hornet... pick the Griphon;-) Actually, if you're inexperienced, the Eagle has a wider, boxier fuse and wider wing, shorter nose, plus 90 degree vertical stabilizers, all of which would tend to make it more sturdy and easier to fix under rough-and-tumble landings. But if in your heart, you need "the bug", get the hornet, just dial down the aileron throw to reduce roll rate... the one in the video rolls so fast, you'd think it was trailing an A.C. cord and said
"DeWalt" on the side... :-)

Quick Reply