Aug 06, 2019, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Help!

4wd slash won't move!

Ok guys what do you think about this one, my brushless vxl slash barely moves when I hit the throttle. The wheels will spin with the car in the air but not when it's on the ground. It also make a funny sound from near the motor. The pinion gear/motor isn't spinning but the motor sounds like it's working. What do you think? Dead motor? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2019, 11:14 PM
The Mad Titan
Have you checked to make sure the pinion gear is attached to the motor? The grub screw may have backed out.
Aug 06, 2019, 11:16 PM
Thread OP
I haven't checked the grub screw but the actual shaft of the motor isn't spinning.

Aug 07, 2019, 07:58 AM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxkenny90xx
I haven't checked the grub screw but the actual shaft of the motor isn't spinning.

Well, if the wheels are moving when the car is off the ground, the motor must be working (somewhat, at least). I would check the pinion and slipper clutch first.
Aug 07, 2019, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxkenny90xx

Sometimes the small dia axle of the motor is hard to see! I need a good light and my glasses to see if it is spinning or not!
Aug 17, 2019, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
Ok so I tried a different motor and now the car works great. Is there any hope for the motor I pulled out?

Aug 17, 2019, 09:39 PM
rrg
rrg
When you said the shaft was not turning in the motor, that's bad news. Take it apart and see what you can see....
Aug 18, 2019, 05:04 AM
It may be one of the three wires to the motor has a bad connection ,it can make an odd grinding noise and not turn or just barely turn when this happens , could be an easy fix , alternatively it could be one of the windings shorted out or broke and that's not an easy fix on an inrunner

Quick Reply