2019 F5J National Championship Photos

The F5J NATS are over and it was a great event. The weather on Monday was pretty nice with light winds. Tuesday brought mostly overcast skies...

Splash

2019 NATS Photos

The F5J NATS are over and it was a great event. The weather on Monday was pretty nice with light winds. Tuesday brought mostly overcast skies for the morning and then the wind picked up as the sky opened up. That made for some challenging rounds with big fast moving lift and crazy sink too. There was score carnage all around as group after group would see the whole field landing early and one lone ranger still up. To give you an idea, I won the last group of the last round this afternoon with a 4:10 flight time, 45 landing on a sub 200 meter launch. It was crazy!

I had a great time working with Brady Baggs all contest and we both ended up in the top 10 with myself in 10th and Brady in 5th. Jody killed it every round and Pete and Frank were solid as well. Great flying guys! It was nice to fly with over 50 pilots and hopefully we can get more next year. Maybe we can have more pilots per group next time and get more than 8 rounds in, but either way, it's a fun challenging contest you should try. My photos from the event can be seen below.

Quick Reply