Aug 16, 2019, 09:49 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Super cool! Didn't realized it was small and handy and cheap too. How long the internal battery lasts?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2019, 07:11 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Sounds interesting can't wait to see the reviews, also interested in the quality of the recording
Aug 19, 2019, 07:44 PM
Thanks
Aug 24, 2019, 04:30 PM
Arrived today and tested review to follow.

Aug 25, 2019, 02:40 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Arrived today and tested review to follow.

That's fast, when did yours get shipped?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 25, 2019, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
That's fast, when did yours get shipped?
You know i have hyper shipping.............at the park with it today thinking of puting footage up from the DVR or wait till the review tomorrow.

17th!
Aug 26, 2019, 05:14 PM
Mine was shipped the 17th, pre advised the 20th, and actually in transit since the 23rd.
Aug 27, 2019, 01:37 AM
Eachine D-moni5 5.8Ghz 72CH 5 Inch FPV Monitor Review (14 min 42 sec)

Pros and cons to follow.
Aug 30, 2019, 12:15 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Great reviews Merch! Seem like the screen view looks ok for the size especially for guest use.
Aug 30, 2019, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Great reviews Merch! Seem like the screen view looks ok for the size especially for guest use.

Thanks still doing some more testing will post another video with my final pros cons.
Aug 30, 2019, 02:05 PM
I received mine. It's smaller than expected, but the screen does look nice and crisp. I hope the packaging is going to improve. The contents seem a bit "thrown in" with no protection apart from a plastic bag around the screen.
Aug 31, 2019, 05:42 AM
Quote:
I received mine. It's smaller than expected, but the screen does look nice and crisp. I hope the packaging is going to improve. The contents seem a bit "thrown in" with no protection apart from a plastic bag around the screen.

One think to note Solo you will find a single AIO cam attached to a lipo causes no frame skipping but when flying any quad with a cam attached to the board does,I hope you find fix as i am trying to do so.
Sep 01, 2019, 01:40 PM
Quote:
One think to note Solo you will find a single AIO cam attached to a lipo causes no frame skipping but when flying any quad with a cam attached to the board does,I hope you find fix as i am trying to do so.
So it skips frames with any quad that has a separate camera, connected to FC, which adds OSD, and then transfers the signal to the VTX? That would be crazy, since many quads use this setup. I will check this asap.
Sep 01, 2019, 11:47 PM
Quote:
So it skips frames with any quad that has a separate camera, connected to FC, which adds OSD, and then transfers the signal to the VTX? That would be crazy, since many quads use this setup. I will check this asap.
Quads i have tested so far leader 3,sailfly,ur65 all skip frames a single AIO cam attached to a RC car with a seperate battery is fine

Of topic i have a bad feeling there is going to be change again,where is Kevin and Wilson?
Sep 02, 2019, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Quads i have tested so far leader 3,sailfly,ur65 all skip frames a single AIO cam attached to a RC car with a seperate battery is fine

Of topic i have a bad feeling there is going to be change again,where is Kevin and Wilson?

Strange. I did a little testing indoor, different recording modes. Don't really see much improvement in the image between VGA 640x480 and HD 1080x720. When you watch a video on YT and switch between these modes, you see a massive difference, here it mostly changes aspect ratio, but not much more detail at all. Does it really record in HD, or just use upscaling? That might partially explain the skips that Merch is talking about. With the added OSD info, the image becomes more complex perhaps, and harder to process and compress when recording?

I do like the DVR control, works quite well with the little joystick thingy. I think the way the sunshade is clamped upon the screen, is pretty sketchy. Only a very small portion of the clamp actually touches the back of the screen, and it easily falls off again. I also don't like the antenna position at the back. I often fly in windy conditions, and having the screen standing up on the tiny stand, is asking for it to get blown over. The 5800D, that I use now, just lies flat on it's back, and is going nowhere, unless I'm flying in a heavy storm, and in that orientation still has the antenna facing up. You lose that flexibility of use by putting the antennas on the back.

Again, the direct image is nice and crisp, the quality of the screen is definitely the highlight of this monitor. But so far I haven't seen much that would make me recommend it over my old 5800D DVR+screen.

Quick Reply