Feb 16, 2007, 09:01 AM
Living a Dream
Hans-Joachim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafpigna
I cannot read 188 pages, so please forgive me if someone already posted this question:

Some one tried out to make an EDF version of this beauty? (I means the F16)
Hi, it starts on page 68, post 1020. You can see a video with the minifan480 and mega 16/15/2 F-16C on the first page of this thread.

http://www.miniatureslair.com/f16/f161u3.wmv

HJ

PS: Thomas Nelsons F-16 is a bit smaller, but a great design!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2007, 10:45 AM
Registered User
rafpigna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim
Hi, it starts on page 68, post 1020. You can see a video with the minifan480 and mega 16/15/2 F-16C on the first page of this thread.

http://www.miniatureslair.com/f16/f161u3.wmv

HJ

PS: Thomas Nelsons F-16 is a bit smaller, but a great design!
Thanks a lot!
So, if I understood... You simply attacched the EDF at the end of bottom "tube"

Could you say me if you rescaled your plans to do it, or the size is still the original one of the pusherprop version (I'm sorry for this question, but I not found them...)

How many watt on the setup shown in the video?
Feb 16, 2007, 01:44 PM
Kiss the Sky
electriceye's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafpigna
Thanks a lot!
So, if I understood... You simply attacched the EDF at the end of bottom "tube"

Could you say me if you rescaled your plans to do it, or the size is still the original one of the pusherprop version (I'm sorry for this question, but I not found them...)

How many watt on the setup shown in the video?
Try page 178 post #2658 from Stormotronix-He built an F-16 XL from Hans -Joachims plans and put an EDF in very successfully-look at the video around one of those post numbers from Stormotronix around page 177
Feb 17, 2007, 04:54 AM
Living a Dream
Hans-Joachim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafpigna
Thanks a lot!
So, if I understood... You simply attacched the EDF at the end of bottom "tube"

Could you say me if you rescaled your plans to do it, or the size is still the original one of the pusherprop version (I'm sorry for this question, but I not found them...)

How many watt on the setup shown in the video?
Itīs the normal pusher jet size. There is a little offset in the thrustline this way, but itīs only 2mm elevator down trim.

The minifan 480 and mega 16/15/2 on 3s1p3200 offers ~ 425 Watts.
The second part of the video is F-16C, No. 1 (~ 200 Watts pusher setup)

HJ
Feb 20, 2007, 09:00 PM
Registered User
PsYcHoTiC OnE's Avatar
Hello, I am currently building the 141% version. I would like some suggestions on powerplants. I have a brushed 550-600 motor from a glider I would like to use. I am open to suggestions though. I would rather use a slower turning motor rather than a screamer or D/F.
Feb 20, 2007, 09:08 PM
Registered User
PsYcHoTiC OnE's Avatar

how did it work?


Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
It looks great and we know he will be amazed at how well it flies too! I changed motors to an AXI 2808/20 before I left for TN and can't wait to try it when I return.

J
How did the Axi work out? Need more power or would less power make it more manageable?
Feb 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
EB-66C Team Member
J Morgan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoTiC OnE
How did the Axi work out? Need more power or would less power make it more manageable?
Haven't gotten to fly the AXI yet. It will work well though.

J
Latest blog entry: AC-130A Vietnam era gunship
Feb 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
Living a Dream
Hans-Joachim's Avatar
Iīve bought an E-flight "park 480" for a Spitfire and will try this motor with my 141% F-16C this weekend, first.

HJ

PS: Can you upload some pictures?
Feb 28, 2007, 10:14 PM
Crazy 'bout Bees
vax6335's Avatar
Hans, I put an E-Flite Park 480 outrunner on my 100% F-16

But I haven't flown it with that motor yet, it's almost ready for paint. I've been busy doing a beta build for Beanie's Boeing 727.
Mar 01, 2007, 01:02 PM
Registered User
I'm at the stage of skinning the top of the F-16 and wondering if the normal Bluecor was used or if a thinner depron would be better - I'm building the 100% version.

jer
Mar 01, 2007, 03:05 PM
Kiss the Sky
electriceye's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_jer
I'm at the stage of skinning the top of the F-16 and wondering if the normal Bluecor was used or if a thinner depron would be better - I'm building the 100% version.

jer
I can'talk about bluecore but have used 2mm & 3mm depron-I find that bending it 'with the grain' (one way it is far happier to bend than the other) using very hot water makes it a lot easier.
Mar 02, 2007, 03:00 PM
Living a Dream
Hans-Joachim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_jer
I'm at the stage of skinning the top of the F-16 and wondering if the normal Bluecor was used or if a thinner depron would be better - I'm building the 100% version.

jer

Iīve never used ~5mm bluecore. We canīt get it here.

Very HOT water, rubber gloves and a table edge to bend this stuff, smaller parts from back to front, cut and glued together under 45° is an idea.

You can use packing tape (on the outside) and roll the bluecore, fff, depron in normal temperature, too.

Let the pictures come!

HJ
Mar 02, 2007, 05:51 PM
Registered User
RCParkflyer's Avatar
You can also score lines on the inside of the bend with a big round pizza cutter
Mar 02, 2007, 07:06 PM
Or am I...
Or pull it over the edge of a table corner. THis needs no tape or heat. Very easy but time consuming.

Love the work so far Hans. Iv been watching silently with great pleasure. Whats next? Been a while since you poped a jet out.
Mar 03, 2007, 11:50 AM
Living a Dream
Hans-Joachim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by im-sad
Or pull it over the edge of a table corner. THis needs no tape or heat. Very easy but time consuming.

Love the work so far Hans. Iv been watching silently with great pleasure. Whats next? Been a while since you poped a jet out.

Hi Adriel,

the "F-16 Fever" is back to me!
Iīve tested the e-flight park 480 motor with 11x7 and 3s1p3200kokam
in a 141% size F-16 today (110cm ws, 164cm long).

It was raining, but it was so cool to fly!!!
My son has done a video and Iīll try to upload it.

Greetings and happy flying
Hans-Joachim


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fan Fold F-16 Falcon Tim H. Foamies (Kits) 21 Feb 16, 2009 06:51 PM
NIB Ripmax F-16 Falcon for sale jra111 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 May 22, 2003 11:40 AM
F-16 Falcon Flying Styro kit on EBAY, Cheap! Arthur_GA Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 May 01, 2003 04:11 PM
F S Falcon flycracker Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 23, 2003 12:46 PM
im looking for some good f-16c cross sections... i-fly Power Systems 1 Oct 21, 2001 02:54 PM