This thread is privately moderated by decreale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 05, 2019, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Super sport senior 90

Purchased this plane from AirBorne Modelsó World Models.Made a big mistake and itís on me. This plane is setup for gas only not electric. I had to convert this to electric, donít fly gas planes. I somehow figured out how to create the battery tray, modify the canopy and most important create vents to allow the air flow . I would not suggest doing this too much trouble. I do believe I have the correct center of gravity, had to add weight to nose of the plane. This plane will be flying this week, hope everything goes well. I may need to change the engine from a 5055-650 to a 5065-650. Iím just at my limit with that engine and weight. One other item the monocote on this plane is horrible constantly ironing it.
9/8/2019 Finally finished the modifications on the plane converted it to electric. Changed the engine to Leopard 5065- 650kv running 5-6s. Took the plane out today and to my surprise it flew perfect. The CG was spot on, I did not have to trim the plane.

I will say this again the monocote on this plane is HORRIBLE its coming off everywhere except the elevator and rudder. It looks like I will eventually have to redo the entire plane in new monocote. I did get my iron out but the glue is all dried up and it will not stick.
Really sad nice plane flies great monocote SUCKS. I would not suggest this plane because of the monocote issue. I have 10 planes and store them in the same place no problems with those planes.
Last edited by decreale; Sep 08, 2019 at 02:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply