Sep 09, 2019, 11:11 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
For real?! This was my only hesitation on pulling the trigger on these... this thread is the first place I've seen mentioning an adapter and I've scoured YouTube and other forums for this. May I ask where you heard this? Directly from SkyZone? I'm wondering what this will look like... a clunky adapter with ugly form factor or something that mounts the receiver directly onto the goggles.
Directly from Skyzone yes
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2019, 11:14 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
NEW SKY03O OLED in promo now.

Only 399$.
Who do you think you're fooling with the concealed aff link?
Sep 09, 2019, 11:24 AM
So I just pulled the trigger on a set of these with Expedited Shipping to the US (through Banggood). Seeing as they won't be in stock until Sept. 22, I don't expect to get them for another month. My question is this: is selecting "Expedited Shipping" going to get me charged with customs fees? US customs are handled differently than packages shipped to Europe... anyone have any experience with this?
Sep 09, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
So I just pulled the trigger on a set of these with Expedited Shipping to the US (through Banggood). Seeing as they won't be in stock until Sept. 22, I don't expect to get them for another month. My question is this: is selecting "Expedited Shipping" going to get me charged with customs fees? US customs are handled differently than packages shipped to Europe... anyone have any experience with this?
Good luck with this, I ordered mine on the 28th expedited shipping but I never received a tracking number after several emails over the past week they finally told me my shipping was sent back and I'll need to wait longer for my order this is unacceptable considering I paid $455 and some change after shipping and insurance so I asked for my shipping charge to be returned and I asked for the sales price as well if they do not want to accommodate me on this they can keep their goggles and I'll order them elsewhere.
Not happy with banggood at all right now!
Sep 09, 2019, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReganATX
Good luck with this, I ordered mine on the 28th expedited shipping but I never received a tracking number after several emails over the past week they finally told me my shipping was sent back and I'll need to wait longer for my order this is unacceptable considering I paid $455 and some change after shipping and insurance so I asked for my shipping charge to be returned and I asked for the sales price as well if they do not want to accommodate me on this they can keep their goggles and I'll order them elsewhere.
Not happy with banggood at all right now!
After reading several other negative reviews, I decided to cancel my Banggood order. I figured for $28 more, I can get the goggles within two weeks from RDQ and if anything goes wrong, they'll have my back. I'll take that for extra peace of mind and better service on a larger purchase like this one.
Sep 09, 2019, 06:54 PM
Wish I had done that. Make sure you tell them what color you want, they will special order you anyone you want.
Sep 09, 2019, 08:28 PM
Anyone got this googles? If your going to use a rapidfire with it wouldn't it be better the dji googles?
Sep 09, 2019, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnow
Anyone got this googles? If your going to use a rapidfire with it wouldn't it be better the dji googles?
Yes it's better and lower latency
Sep 09, 2019, 11:50 PM
Plus you're not stuck with a certain size quad you can fly.
No micros with DJI.
Last edited by ReganATX; Sep 10, 2019 at 12:25 AM.
Sep 10, 2019, 12:25 AM
Miss read a post, removed my comment.
Sep 11, 2019, 09:10 AM
So on Monday I cancelled my order with Banggood. I calculated it would probably be 5-6 weeks before I received the goggles and I'd risk getting hit with customs fees. I placed my order with RDQ as the next shipment was a week and a half out (much better). Guess what? The goggles shipped out the very next day!

So my new set of goggles will arrive tomorrow. That's three days instead of 5-6 weeks. That and RDQ customer support make it worth every penny of the extra $28 IMO.
Sep 11, 2019, 10:16 AM
Yeah nobody order from banggood if you can help it. I ordered mine and paid for expedited shipping 5 to 8 business days it's been two weeks, they tell me my order got sent back to them and they had to reship it, they will not return my shipping fee or honor their 9.9 sale that was going on during the time the goggles
got shipped again.
I will never order from banggood again.
So much for being a level 4 VIP member.
Sep 11, 2019, 04:04 PM
Here is what's in the SKY 03O https://photos.app.goo.gl/HkWAQyF6kMiBdcr77
Sep 11, 2019, 04:14 PM
I crush you
I ordered directly from Banggood. Just got notification that they shipped today. It's a race to see if get them sooner than I would've if I had ordered from RDQ. It's a neck and neck race at the moment since RDQ doesn't have them yet. Either way, I ordered USPS Priority Mail. They say 3 weeks, but I doubt it. I think it'll be much quicker than that.

I don't expect there will be customs fees. I don't think things like this get hit by customs for USA retail. I might be wrong, but I'm hoping the fact that they were cheaper on BG than RDQ might cover for it if I do get hit. Either way, it was all a calculated risk.

We shall see...

By the way, a Clearview Brick is better than even Rapidfire. I'm selling mine to upgrade to CV2.0. If anyone is interested, it is listed in the classifieds (Multirotors) for $185. It's more money than RF, but way better. I trust it way more and I have been running it back to back with Rapidfire since it came out.
Sep 11, 2019, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune
I ordered directly from Banggood. Just got notification that they shipped today. It's a race to see if get them sooner than I would've if I had ordered from RDQ. It's a neck and neck race at the moment since RDQ doesn't have them yet. Either way, I ordered USPS Priority Mail. They say 3 weeks, but I doubt it. I think it'll be much quicker than that.

I don't expect there will be customs fees. I don't think things like this get hit by customs for USA retail. I might be wrong, but I'm hoping the fact that they were cheaper on BG than RDQ might cover for it if I do get hit. Either way, it was all a calculated risk.

We shall see...

By the way, a Clearview Brick is better than even Rapidfire. I'm selling mine to upgrade to CV2.0. If anyone is interested, it is listed in the classifieds (Multirotors) for $185. It's more money than RF, but way better. I trust it way more and I have been running it back to back with Rapidfire since it came out.
Agreed, the CV v1 Ground Station is very reliable, no rolling shutter like RF or compatibility issues

Quick Reply