Nov 14, 2019, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure why I can't get it to work. The most I will get is a rolling dark image.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2019, 06:48 PM
On another note the internal receivers seem to work better when I installed a VAS crosshair v4 and a 3 turn helical.
Nov 15, 2019, 08:47 AM
Should have my 030's on Monday, Got 'em from RDQ
I really thought I would be more excited, but I guess I have the fear that i will be seeing double like I did with the FS HD3's I bought last year. I tried on a pair of SZ 02's and they fit good so I'm hoping.

Do the FS diopters fit the SZ 03's?
Nov 15, 2019, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Frontier
Should have my 030's on Monday, Got 'em from RDQ
I really thought I would be more excited, but I guess I have the fear that i will be seeing double like I did with the FS HD3's I bought last year. I tried on a pair of SZ 02's and they fit good so I'm hoping.

Do the FS diopters fit the SZ 03's?
Yes, but fs diopters are junk, they are plastic. The skyzone ones are true glass and much better (clear).

http://bit.ly/2IgfGNt
Nov 15, 2019, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
Yes, but fs diopters are junk, they are plastic. The skyzone ones are true glass and much better (clear).

http://bit.ly/2IgfGNt
Yea, considering the price they should be more then plastic.
Will need to figure which I need.

Thanks
Nov 15, 2019, 12:26 PM
Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
I have both. Well not 02X. But the earlier version 02v4. still with 30deg FOV.
Because the 02 have a 16:9 ratio and the 03O have a 4:3. The 30deg FOV of the 02 is a little wider that the 03O, just not as tall.

I think all this concern about FOV is more about preference. I could always get immersed in the 30deg FOV of the SKY02 or the FS HDv3.
If we focus on the boarder of any screen, no matter how large it is. It can still be seen..... While if we just focus on the action, in a short time the border disappears.

You can tweak the 02's color saturation and brightness, to get it to look more like the 03O. But it will never have the color richness of the OLED displays.
Oh ok I understand.. thanks for the advice
Nov 16, 2019, 06:42 PM

Disappointed

So got my goggles today from RDQ and their fast shipping.
Was expecting them on Monday.

Very disappointed though because the buttons don't work as they should. Cant scroll the menu's or change the channel/band. Also odd that the right menu button also searchs and turns on the front camera. I can open the menu but cant exit it or scroll in the menu.

On the positive side I can see one screen versus two like when I bought a pair of FS hd3's. But its only when I power on with the goggles on. If I pull them off and then put them back on I see double. Odd....

Anyone else have any open box issues?
Nov 16, 2019, 07:27 PM
Quote:

Very disappointed though because the buttons don't work as they should. Cant scroll the menu's or change the channel/band. Also odd that the right menu button also searchs and turns on the front camera. I can open the menu but cant exit it or scroll in the menu.
Do you mean that the menu's aren't the same as your were used too with the SKY02 menu's?
They are slightly different. I noticed that as well.
Nov 16, 2019, 07:34 PM
Dont have an 02 version.

The buttons don't work. Cant scroll through the menu. Cant change band or channel. Also search button doesnt click like the other 5 buttons do.

Need to hook up with RDQ support on Monday
Nov 16, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Dont have an 02 version.

The buttons don't work.
I can understand one faulty momentary switch. But to have both Band and Channel buttons not working seems odd !?

- Hold the Track button for >3sec to enter the menu's. Use the Track button to move across the menu's.

- Band or Channel buttons move up or down the menu's.

- Rec button selects a menu function that you want to change the value of. Then Band or Channel buttons change the value of that selection.

-Mode button takes you out of that selection and menu once the setting is complete.

-Short press of the Search button changes between RF and front camera mode.

- Long press of the Search button enter frequency scan mode and another press then starts it scanning.

-When not using the front camera. The mode button brings up the input mode selection.
Nov 16, 2019, 07:59 PM
Nope...
I can open the main menu and scroll across the menu pages. I cannot scroll up or down the menus and I cannot exit the menu .

Both sets of small buttons dont seem to work.
Nov 16, 2019, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Nope...
I can open the main menu and scroll across the menu pages. I cannot scroll up or down the menus and I cannot exit the menu .

Both sets of small buttons dont seem to work.
If its a hardware issue. Its more likely to be these plugs (circled in red in the image) and the flat ribbons that go between them. The black clips on those plugs just lift upwards to allow for removal of the ribbon cables.

Here is a tear down if your up to it.
Skyzone SKY 03O FPV goggle disassembly. (22 min 16 sec)

If not. Get in contact with Skyzone. There service is awesome and always reply very promptly to emails.
Nov 17, 2019, 08:51 AM
Ok, I think I'm all good.
Got the stuck button freed up and worked through the manual and the OSD. Seems to be working. I think because the search button was stuck it kept the other buttons from working properly.
Nov 17, 2019, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Anyone tried the AV in with a ground station? I can't get an image to display on the goggles when using an Aomway DIV006 however when I connect the DIV006 to my EV800s it works??
You should pay attention to check AV1 or AV2. I remember it was written in the instruction manual that one of them went through the internal DVR circuit, so there is no output of mavlink, so you need to switch to another one.:D
Nov 18, 2019, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheair247
Yes I use a homemade version of the dock king. Using furious 2.4 and rapid fire. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fixed it. I was using the RCA female to 2.5 stereo pigtail that came with my Eachine EV800... naturally it's connected non standard so the image was on the wrong ring on the stereo jack. I used a standard Jack and it works...just need a female to female rca to connect two standard cables.

Quick Reply