New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2001, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by t-turley

A great day for modeling

The day dawned bright and windless, so I scurried out to the field to get in some flights with my Chubby Lady 2. Power is a Permax 280BB, MP Jet 5:1 gearbox, APC 10x7 SF prop, and 7 600AEs. It takes off in about 15' at half throttle. There were Geese everywhere, but as soon as I sat the plane on the runway and gave it some juice, they took off like they were shot out of a cannon. I love the way this plane flies, and there's nothing quite like being the only one at the field on a clear, bright morning, with the only sound the whine of the gearbox. Ahhhhh....bliss!

But wait, the day got better! I went by the local HS to pick up some motors for our rocket club's next launch, and what do I see sitting next to the magazine rack? A brand new Pico-J3-F, fresh off the delivery truck. I snagged that baby so fast the clerk didn't know what happened! But drat, now I have to buy another ESC and micro receiver

Tony Turley
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2001, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by russ6421
Yep! YOu were right that a great day got to fly my Litestick most of the day. Do a little work and fly the litestick do a little work and the same.All in all GREAT DAY.
Old Apr 29, 2001, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by BillH
Function Over Form
Today was an awsome day for flying, I flew my Twinstar and my Hangar 9 cub with the aveox, IT was GREAT!
Old Apr 29, 2001, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by BillH
Function Over Form
Today was an awsome day for flying, I flew my Twinstar and my Hangar 9 cub with the aveox, IT was GREAT!