Aug 02, 2019, 10:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner GR18 +3xG +3A use in planes

I am trying to set up a GR18 +3xG +3A (no vario) with an rc plane.
I have changed the ms rate for the servos to 20ms, I have used digital and analog servos (the digitals don't chatter).
I have upgraded the to the latest firmware and have used them as received.

The more I look into it, the more I think these receivers S1019 are made for Helis only.....
Am I correct in my assumption??

Actually I have 5 of these receivers which I purchased directly from Graupner on the understanding that they can be used in Airplanes...
I have check the site and still they are advertised as AIR/Heli and when purchased there is no indication of they being dedicated to Helis.

Please advise.

Regards,
Patrick
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2019, 10:49 PM
This has already been discussed / answered.
Here is one of the links:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5958
Aug 03, 2019, 09:10 PM
Thread OP
Basically i'm screwed.... 😂
Aug 03, 2019, 09:51 PM
Not sure what you mean, which receiver did you actually buy?
If you bought the 1019.AIR.LOSE the receiver will work for airplanes AND helicopter.
If you bought the 1019 for multicopter it will only work for that.

If you bought the 1019.AIR.LOSE and installed the incorrect (microcopter) firmware, you now have a problem. Should that be the case you need to contact Graupner about possible solutions.
Aug 04, 2019, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
Unfortunately I am sure all 5 are S1019 copter....

GR-18C 9CH Multirotor Gyro Flight Controller Receiver S1019 GR-18C 9CH Multirotor Gyro Flight Controller

I might have not read carefully enough when purchasing... they were purchased at separate times... I don't believe I made the same mistake several times...
Send a mail to Graupner, let's see what they say... I live outside of the US, to complicate things further.
Thanks for your help
Aug 23, 2019, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Never received an answer from Graupner....
I purchased a used Mz24 (intended for my son) as i have the Mz24PRo... but having problems updating it...
the RFID code of the radio lacks one number (only 9 appear) should be ten, I have tried to call several (8 times) in tow days.. no luck
Sent an email... telling the program,... the reply sent me to the webpage to order the upgrade.. where I can't because of the missing digit....
Last edited by SwampFlier; Aug 25, 2019 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Got answer from Graupner
Aug 23, 2019, 10:04 PM
The first video clearly shows how to update your existing radio in order to get the 10 digit RFID code in order to proceed with the upgrade.

You were sent to this page https://support.graupnerusa.com/ which is the same pages where thousands of others have started to get their firmware upgraded.

Use the firmware below to do a manual update before starting to follow the instructions in the second video.

https://www.graupner.de/media/archiv...57_English.zip
Aug 23, 2019, 11:06 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for getting back to me...
I did try several times to upgrade to 1v057 with no success as you can see.. int he attached picture.

With the link you sent, I was successful in preparing the radio.
Now.. how do I get a new activation key without paying twice?
Thks
Patrick
Aug 24, 2019, 12:04 AM
PM your RFID and I will generate a new key for you tomorrow.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:44 AM
Thread OP
Thanks a lot! PM on its way!
Aug 24, 2019, 02:58 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Did you get your receivers sorted out?
Aug 25, 2019, 12:21 AM
Thread OP
Negative on the receivers... I'll just sell them and buy new (air) ones..
Aug 25, 2019, 06:02 AM
'n boer maak 'n plan
I will keep an eye out then...

Quick Reply