Sep 30, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesoar
Please sign up online as it makes it a lot easier for us to set you up in the scoring program, etc. - You'll still need to sign in at the contest on either Friday PM or Saturday AM. Candy only to the first 30...

Joe
Okidoki, I signed up online and will be there first thing Friday to register and pickup candy
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2019, 01:57 PM
Signed up
Oct 01, 2019, 10:56 PM
Signed up. I'll be there by Thursday afternoon and will be camping.

Is a pilots list to be posted, soon?

-Randy
Last edited by Westranm; Oct 02, 2019 at 12:30 AM.
Oct 01, 2019, 11:16 PM
a.k.a VintageFan
Signed up
Latest blog entry: Images
Oct 02, 2019, 02:47 PM
Sadly, unsigned up. Unable to make it this year.

Tom
Oct 02, 2019, 04:07 PM
That is a bummer. Was hoping to see you and catch up a bit.
Oct 04, 2019, 09:34 PM
Had a family emergency come up and had to divert to Bishop. Have fun everyone!
Oct 05, 2019, 07:26 AM
Dark Side of the Red Merle
Nice flying Keith! Congratulations. Some huge names below you too!
Curtis
Oct 05, 2019, 08:08 AM
Thank you Kent and Tim for throwing another great electric event. Weather was amazing and the CVRC team has prepared the field to total perfection.

Wish you were here to see it Curtis!
Oct 06, 2019, 06:54 PM

Sunday's Final Results

Folks,

We had a fabulous weekend of flying at the best TD site on the west coast! Two days of fantastic weather, mid 80's, and lift for everyone.

CVRC would like to thank everyone who traveled near and far to come to our little slice of soaring heaven. I'd like to personally thank Joe Nave, Art Chmielewski and Kent Nogy for helping us run this contest , as well as all the CVRC volunteers.

I want to apologize for the final scoring snafu's, GliderScore is definitely the best thing to come along to manage contest scoring, but it's not infallible, scores must be checked and that was not done very well. We will do better in the future.

Congratulations to all the class winners:

OPEN;
1st - Jason George
2nd - Bob McGowan
3rd - Keith Kindrick
4th - Tim Johnson
5th - Art Chmielewski
6th - Ali Khani
7th - Ryan George
8th - Joe Nave
9th - Edgar Vera
10th - Paul Rose

RES;
1st - Tim Johnson
2nd - Kent Nogy
3rd - Chris George

ALES (modified)
1st - Ali Khani
2nd - John Armstrong
3rd - Jim Frahm

Woody;
1st -Don Northern
2nd - Lou Fox
3rd - Bob Brown

2-Meter;
1st - David Portwood
2nd - Paul Rose

Youth;
1st - Steven Wilcox Jr.

Grey Cup;
Kent Nogy

Attached are all the vicious details from GliderScore

I am not very eloquent, so please everyone supply your own commentary on this great weekend. Ali, I know you will have some great videos!

Thanks again to everyone!!

Tim
Oct 06, 2019, 08:17 PM
Detail Freak
AWESOME weather!
Thanks for the fun from Tim and the rest of the CVRC.
R,
TARGET
Oct 06, 2019, 08:54 PM
Fabulous weekend. Loved it.

Well done by the cvrc crew, thanks so much!

Roll on 2!
Oct 07, 2019, 06:47 PM
Great Fun Weekend just past, where were you????

CVRC put on another great event of 3 - days of soaring (yes, Friday counts!), another fun weekend with friends and more stories to share on future outings!! This year no ballast was required and it's always fantastic to see everyone at this event each year!!

Warren, you still have the best looking approach man!!

Thanks again to the CVRC club ( I guess that means all of us that attended, since we're members, right!?!?), keep doing what you do and organizing one of the best-soaring contest events I've had the pleasure of attending, I'll keep coming as long as you put on the event!

Tim Johnson, you are my Ironman!! Crazy nut you are, this guy bounces back from open-heart surgery 2 weeks prior to take over the scoring AND shows that he knows how to catch a thermal and land!!! Remarkable!!!

-The Soaring Junkie

Quick Reply