Jan 24, 2020, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
Hello friends.
Yesterday I started with the calculation of the center of gravity. I am very surprised of the system to do it. I thought my Helix was with a heavy tail, normal in almost all models.
I hung my model and measured the heights between the famous points M2 and M1. The manual says: Hang the model and the height of the one at the rear point M1 should be 9 mm less than the front point M2.
 In my Helix the two distances are equal, which means that it needs tail weight (???). The stabilizer in my case was + 1º positive.
If I place the measurements that the manual says, the stabilizer angle is + 2º, that is, my hanging angle assuming that the helix's longitudinal axis is parallel to the stabilizer would be + 2º¡¡¡¡.
I think it should be negative. If I hang my autogyros by the shaft, ALWAYS the model lowers the nose. With the Helix is ​​the opposite!
I have also been able to verify that the engine thrust shaft is set to lower the nose. (-4º)
I think I'm going to reduce the engine angle a little and increase 100 or 120 grms in the nose. In this way the stabilizer will be at 0º. ( Cero hang angle )
The total weight of the model adding these 120 grms will be 4300 grms
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply