Aug 01, 2019, 06:07 AM
Thread OP
Question

Chinook style FP heli - losing height

Hi guys!

I recently built a Chinook like FP helicopter out of leftovers.
On the roll axis i am using cyclic pitch, on the nick axis i am using cyclic pitch and differential throttle.

When i am pitching forward or backward she loses a huge amount of height.

So what would be best practice to fight this?

- Reduce the pitch authority on the motors?
- Reduce the cyclic on the pitch axis?
- Put some expo to the pitch axis?
- Or simply practice?

What are your thoughts?

Video

Bicopter using Betaflight (1 min 34 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2019, 05:01 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
In the Tx can you mix throttle off elevator, so that whenever you give a pitch commend it increases throttle in proportion to elevator stick movement? This would be a simple mix to setup in most transmitters.
Aug 03, 2019, 07:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
In the Tx can you mix throttle off elevator, so that whenever you give a pitch commend it increases throttle in proportion to elevator stick movement? This would be a simple mix to setup in most transmitters.
Im am wondering if removing some percentage of differential throttle from the motors has a similar effect.

Quick Reply