Nov 19, 2019, 09:04 PM
Are not men? We are DEVO! (7e)
there's a good chance one might show up in RCG classifieds once the lil timeout is over.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2019, 09:19 PM
Hmmm, how much is deejayeye worth? Billions?
What does the global fpv market account for annually? 100 million or so? 200 million?
That's all the data i need to know that deejayeye can't and shouldn't be trusted or supported.

On a more enjoyable note the Bytefrost vtx's are available at getfpv. Hopefully Fatshark can keep up with the jonses, competition is good.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:53 PM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
Do you have access to a DJI set? I'd like to see a video on your comparison. Leaving out "dji will doom the hobby" type ideals. Just hardware performance.

I preordered a while ago.
I actually flew the DJI HD system when I was in Missoula and to be honest it's a very well built system.. well the goggles are as I couldn't see inside the box.. He had the system with the DJI controller and even though I like the gimbals I didn't care much for the overall controller (personal preference) He had the side potato skins on the sides at first and I really didn't like it because I found it distracting as my eyes still could see the information but blurry and hashbrown like. He turned that off and it was a very nice image a hair better than the bytefrost in my opinion (before the HDO2s) . Both are 720p so kind of apples to apples. I think he had it cranked up to 700mw? at the time but when I got back into the trees is did skip kind of.. hard to describe.. like a stutter sort of or chunking. The range was good as well when the potato skins were turn on.

I didn't like was there was some light leakage and I really didn't like that I would have to build a frame around it. He had it mounted with a printed tray so it was secure but it just seemed clunky from how we normally build quads. The recorded video on the craft was good and better than anything Runcam came up with or Caddx but not anything GoPro at the same resolution.
Overall worth the price if you want to build a frame around the box and don't mind how it breaks up video. I think for an average user it's a good solution.
Nov 19, 2019, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a fair assessment. To be honest, if you said it looks great but you prefer to support the only hobbyist option, I would respect that as well. I suspect and/or fear that the DJI stuff will get smaller and folks using it will also go for their tx controller too. It feels funny to have been caught up in comparing the "big differences" <sarcasm> between tramp/unify crossfire/r9 rapidfire/fusion now that there's an elephant in the room
Nov 19, 2019, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester9
Pouting cause he didn't get any free stuff for being a fanboi, so decided to swing the other way...
I get that but any point he was trying to make was over shadowed by his hostility . I know "Crazy" when I see it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle
Woo hoo! Just got the VTX and free cam from GetFPV! Thanks Jester9 for the heads bud! All the drama for nothing... and before Wednesday like I was told! Wooooo hoooooo
Thanks for the heads up I just ordered "3", (failed to use the coupon code) .I also ordered several more HD cams from Runcam
Nov 19, 2019, 10:44 PM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Sounds like a fair assessment. To be honest, if you said it looks great but you prefer to support the only hobbyist option, I would respect that as well. I suspect and/or fear that the DJI stuff will get smaller and folks using it will also go for their tx controller too. It feels funny to have been caught up in comparing the "big differences" <sarcasm> between tramp/unify crossfire/r9 rapidfire/fusion now that there's an elephant in the room
Actually as history has taught us DJI stuff will remain the same size as far as the components.. it'll always be a box just like the NAZA 1, NAZA 2, A1,A2, lightbridge and now the HD system.. They may put 4k recording in the box by next summer and perhaps a flight controller later on.. might even come out with another racing drone complete.

Fatshark on the other hand I will guarantee will be smaller
There is much coming trust that.. This is just V1..

I chose FS because
1. fits in existing frames
2. I like the way it breaks up the image
3. Fatshark is not looking to take over the world of drones
4. DJI GEO fence really screwed a lot of people and they really did screw over a lot of people dropping support of items and what not. Now times are different and they have grown up but when my friend who has a 107 licence has to fight for 45 minutes to fail at getting his Mavic going.. yeah no thanks
Fatshark has always been a part of our community..
5. After sale service is awesome
Last edited by Deserteagle; Nov 19, 2019 at 10:51 PM.
Nov 19, 2019, 10:46 PM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMX
I get that but any point he was trying to make was over shadowed by his hostility . I know "Crazy" when I see it !

Thanks for the heads up I just ordered "3", (failed to use the coupon code) .I also ordered several more HD cams from Runcam
3! dude save some for the rest of us LOL.. hmm I'm going to get another just in case they run out..
Nov 19, 2019, 10:52 PM
Are other shops going to get BFr? Is this still being called beta? It will be interesting to see if getfpv starts offering pnp BFr quads like they do dji
Nov 19, 2019, 10:54 PM
DesertEagle
Heads up, My Banggood rep just got ahold of me and said the following.. "The reason we suspend selling is because there are too many orders, and the fat sharks are currently produced in a limited amount,"

so for now BG is out of them
Nov 19, 2019, 10:59 PM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Are other shops going to get BFr? Is this still being called beta? It will be interesting to see if getfpv starts offering pnp BFr quads like they do dji
it's still a "beta" product yes if you call plug and play beta.. I think they called it beta to sell the units they had made up or to get it out there to get feedback of what they will be making. It doesn't work like beta as you plug it in and it works..

As far as RTF or BNF.. yeah more than you know.. next spring or before will be very interesting. That is why I was going to originally wait until spring to get one of these but I couldn't help myself as the hobby kind of plateaued in everything else.
Nov 19, 2019, 11:08 PM
ByF is definitely the future for the big percentage of the greatest pilots as they are NOT using deejayeye. They're waiting.

The more we support ByF and upload better and better examples, the sooner a goggle module will become a reality. Dual diversity module that is.

I've beta'd other stuff but ByF is the most exciting for me, which ever way it goes I'm glad to have it and see it improve. I'm done with analog 5.8.

I run a lot of 2.4 vid and ByF is just as enjoyable and proximity flight is much more intuitive. ByF ticks a lot of boxes already, just give them time.

ByF FtW.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:22 AM
You guys are so bias in your opinion damn.
You know nothing that the companies are planing to do.
Yet you speak like you have some sort of control over there decision making.
There is two good system out. Just let people buy and fly what is a good fit for them. Make it seems like DJI is trying to take over the community and FATshark is the super hero trying to save it. Both companies are a product they're selling we should all be happy.

Let's all play nice and enjoy the much needed advancement in this so called community.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:27 AM
While I like the ByF HD image when it's clean, for me so far the signal just isn't as clean flying in
the same locations as any of my analog setups. Whether it's long range, or flying behind
obstacles, or flying on the edge of LoS (low level proximity) or high multipath environments,
my analog setups outperform it handily. That is, they produce a noise-free image more of
the time, and the signal break-up at the limits is easier to fly through. My analog gear has
measurably more power but at least half the difference is because ByF seems to have
measurably lower power than it's spec'd and [email protected] has seen the same thing.

It's got a way to go before it will be "the future for the big percentage of the greatest pilots".
A lot of top pilots have already jumped to DJI, and some exclusively.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
While I like the ByF HD image when it's clean, for me so far the signal just isn't as clean flying in
the same locations as any of my analog setups. Whether it's long range, or flying behind
obstacles, or flying on the edge of LoS (low level proximity) or high multipath environments,
my analog setups outperform it handily. That is, they produce a noise-free image more of
the time, and the signal break-up at the limits is easier to fly through. My analog gear has
measurably more power but at least half the difference is because ByF seems to have
measurably lower power than it's spec'd and [email protected] has seen the same thing.

It's got a way to go before it will be "the future for the big percentage of the greatest pilots".
A lot of top pilots have already jumped to DJI, and some exclusively.
Good points, without bashing one or the other systems
There is a need for all 3 systems, we all have something to enjoy
Nov 20, 2019, 01:28 AM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
You guys are so bias in your opinion damn.
You know nothing that the companies are planing to do.
Yet you speak like you have some sort of control over there decision making.
There is two good system out. Just let people buy and fly what is a good fit for them. Make it seems like DJI is trying to take over the community and FATshark is the super hero trying to save it. Both companies are a product they're selling we should all be happy.

Let's all play nice and enjoy the much needed advancement in this so called community.
I know a little about one.. and I'm pretty good in the past as public record shows on this very forum about calling out the other...

I think of this as Davis vs Goliath..

Quick Reply