Aug 08, 2019, 02:01 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
and custom 3d printed goggles based off a scan you make of your head with your phone!
silly to think there's just one head shape out there. do they not go outside at all?!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2019, 02:24 AM
@deserteagle

both videos are made with older footage, drew even stated that in his previous video
Aug 08, 2019, 03:14 AM
'Extreme Fabricator'
One thing I'm surprised at is there is nobody making a system that runs S-video, it's such an easy upgrade, I would use it if camera's could output y/c natively. It is available on most video camera processor chips, just not utilised on base grade camera's. It also requires the display devices to process it properly, not just combine it back to composite.
It would only require two signals one of which (chroma) can be much smaller bandwidth than the luminance.
Last edited by alicecooper; Aug 08, 2019 at 06:36 AM.
Aug 08, 2019, 05:54 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
wouldn't it be interesting if after this whole HD bubble deflates, we come full circle and end up just improving analog to something much better than PAL/NTSC, but sill not digital HD?
Ill check back in a couple of years.
Analog HD had already been done in 2017. It’s just a shame that no company has taken this route, to make it a small form factor unit
AHD 720P 5.8GHz FPV Ground Test. (0 min 59 sec)
Aug 08, 2019, 06:21 AM
Still Analog.
If you've watched the DVR footage from DJI FPV Goggles, this is definitly not impressive...
Aug 08, 2019, 07:36 AM
Can't find the source of that anymore but the main reason is that the maximum bandwidth legally allowed for an analog signal is around 20 MHz... Which is about what PAL/NTSC is...
Aug 08, 2019, 08:56 AM

Fatshark Byte Frost

One thing I think is interesting is how much these you tubers drive, all over the map, our fpv market. Rapid fires the best, dji, big motors, small motors, stretch x, squashed x, 4s no 6s no back to 4s, toothpick! All these video tags cause a new little hot moment for that product. Sales rise then back to something else to spark a fever rush. We go from NEEDING one thing to the next until we have a constant stream of products in the mail. lol. I mean really. How many people donít even know how to work the rapidfire module well enough to get all the performance out of it?! When it doesnít work well out of the box just call it a piece of crap, cry on the internet and on to the next....DJI to the rescue. Apple of fpv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Aug 08, 2019, 09:19 AM
i hope it will be 2.4Ghz instead of 5.8ghz. that wil give a much more robust signal and range. and its a legal rf spectrum
Aug 08, 2019, 10:28 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheair247
One thing I think is interesting is how much these you tubers drive, all over the map, our fpv market. Rapid fires the best, dji, big motors, small motors, stretch x, squashed x, 4s no 6s no back to 4s, toothpick! All these video tags cause a new little hot moment for that product. Sales rise then back to something else to spark a fever rush. We go from NEEDING one thing to the next until we have a constant stream of products in the mail. lol. I mean really. How many people don’t even know how to work the rapidfire module well enough to get all the performance out of it?! When it doesn’t work well out of the box just call it a piece of crap, cry on the internet and on to the next....DJI to the rescue. Apple of fpv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hmm never known Apple to recall their phones because of cracked cases or release a firmware that messes the phone up.or fly away..... could be wrong but... some people did get the first batch of the rapidfire and had issues. I think fatsharks will be non goggle proprietary and bolt to an existing stack. Plus can be used with what people have now. Maybe next year DJI will release yet another helm that does analog native and render this current version obsolete...who knows..and reviewer's job is to review and give their opinion on what they think. Also you don'tneed to run out and buy anything.. I don't, I fly what I like and this year I like my toothpick because I can fly it in my backyard everyday. It's portable, don't worry about people looking at it as a threat cause it's small and I can take it easily everywhere. My only bitch it easily gets stuck in trees.. 6s? nah 4s is fine...there is NO magic off the shelf solution that is going to make a nub into Drew,Bob,Mr. steele .. only practice does that.
Last edited by Deserteagle; Aug 08, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
Aug 08, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piepeklon666
i hope it will be 2.4Ghz instead of 5.8ghz. that wil give a much more robust signal and range. and its a legal rf spectrum
look at the antenna's, it's 5.8ghz
Aug 08, 2019, 11:50 AM
My guess is that the video has to be 5.8 GHz.
Aug 08, 2019, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheair247
One thing I think is interesting is how much these you tubers drive, all over the map, our fpv market. Rapid fires the best, dji, big motors, small motors, stretch x, squashed x, 4s no 6s no back to 4s, toothpick! All these video tags cause a new little hot moment for that product. Sales rise then back to something else to spark a fever rush. We go from NEEDING one thing to the next until we have a constant stream of products in the mail. lol. I mean really. How many people donít even know how to work the rapidfire module well enough to get all the performance out of it?! When it doesnít work well out of the box just call it a piece of crap, cry on the internet and on to the next....DJI to the rescue. Apple of fpv.
I'm brand new this summer so this is the biggest innovation I've witnessed. Def interesting to see how it was handled by the various youtubers.

The rest of the changes I've seen have been incremental yet still exciting pushes towards smaller, powerful, lighter and increased feature sets. The reaction to those are more predictable (x greatest y yet? Must buy??)

Unless you're doing this professionally, it is a hobby. And most people just want someone to validate the purchase they're about to make. Some people are more objective I suppose... But a lot feeding on that confirmation bias you need too.

This is a little different as its the ground floor to some brand new stuff to buy and which platform you choose will lock you in for a bit
Aug 08, 2019, 12:25 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian White
Still Analog.
If you've watched the DVR footage from DJI FPV Goggles, this is definitly not impressive...
but immune form variable latency, which makes current digital FPV a nonstarter IMO.
Aug 08, 2019, 12:53 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by propsdeepcanada
I'm brand new this summer so this is the biggest innovation I've witnessed. Def interesting to see how it was handled by the various youtubers.

The rest of the changes I've seen have been incremental yet still exciting pushes towards smaller, powerful, lighter and increased feature sets. The reaction to those are more predictable (x greatest y yet? Must buy??)

Unless you're doing this professionally, it is a hobby. And most people just want someone to validate the purchase they're about to make. Some people are more objective I suppose... But a lot feeding on that confirmation bias you need too.

This is a little different as its the ground floor to some brand new stuff to buy and which platform you choose will lock you in for a bit
couldn't agree more and a very pragmatic view of things. I want to see more in the hobby and like the entry level stuff we are now getting. A lot of the RTF stuff is waaaaaaay better than just a year ago. The brushless whoops are now really good and can be flown outside. Regular x lite or jumper plus cheap box googles and a whoop or 2s toothpick is great for getting into the hobby.
Aug 10, 2019, 11:06 PM
A Near-Zero Latency HD Video Transmission Solution with AD9361 (2 min 18 sec)

I'm interested in this to use with my preordered Orqa goggles.
Last edited by jasperfpv; Aug 11, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply