Thread Tools
Aug 03, 2019, 10:48 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_116
they're inevitably gonna roll out geofencing limits to it, as they did it with all their other quads.
How would they do that if the system does not have GPS?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2019, 12:59 PM
Registered User
fatshark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandroAU
Pushing 720p 60fps uncompressed is a shitload of data... how much spectrum is this gonna take up?
It's compressed, but its not variable compression. 27Mhz bandwidth. 4 FCC license free channels on HQ mode (720p) and 6 FCC license free channels in LQ (480) mode.

Fat Shark
Aug 03, 2019, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
It's compressed, but its not variable compression. 27Mhz bandwidth. 4 FCC license free channels on HQ mode (720p) and 6 FCC license free channels in LQ (480) mode.

Fat Shark
Is it on 5.8 GHz?
Aug 03, 2019, 02:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
Is it on 5.8 GHz?
With mavic 2 i have the new ocusync 2 feed is amazing. I had it up to 6km distance pushing 1080p feed, but, i bet it used 2.4ghz channel. New fpv dji can be a splice of ocusync's 5.8ghz part only, but, i bet it is a same tech, as it all just came out, so, to have it with their new radio and vtx solution can be indeed a whole different level from taranis and any frsky tech. But, would be nice to see more reviews first.
Aug 03, 2019, 08:11 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Greg..
I'm sure you'll have Hugo (TrueRC) wring you out some sik antennas for us fix-wing hobbiests.

He gave me some for my DJI Occusync AirUnit and Goggles (last year).
Twice as better then OEM.
TWICE the distance in a straight unobstructed line
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Aug 03, 2019, 11:20 PM
'Extreme Fabricator'
I personally wouldn't give DJI a cent of my money for anything they make, after experiencing life with one of their quadcopters, it's a lifetime of never again for me.
They may have set the ball rolling, but I think it's worth kicking back until the suite of technologies stabilise, that includes dedicated camera's, transmitters, receivers, recorders and displays, with some level of backwards compatability for analogue (which is still constantly improving).
I can see the DJI experience being a slaughterhouse of firmware bugs and in the field forced updates, regulatory spying, hardware failures and of course their legendary zero customer support... but maybe this leopard has changed it's spots..
Aug 04, 2019, 03:11 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
I personally wouldn't give DJI a cent of my money for anything they make, after experiencing life with one of their quadcopters, it's a lifetime of never again for me.
They may have set the ball rolling, but I think it's worth kicking back until the suite of technologies stabilise, that includes dedicated camera's, transmitters, receivers, recorders and displays, with some level of backwards compatability for analogue (which is still constantly improving).
I can see the DJI experience being a slaughterhouse of firmware bugs and in the field forced updates, regulatory spying, hardware failures and of course their legendary zero customer support... but maybe this leopard has changed it's spots..

I've witnesses all of that...
The thing is with DJI...its "CLEAN".
What I mean with that is there is never any clutter with all their products.
Everything is done for you. No extra tools to bring to the field..etc
Our fpv materials are opposite. Everything works differently pending
where you use the product (location biased). Trial & error.

My Mavic 2 and Occusync Goggles has never failed me.
I let them do all the tinkering & tuning.
Last edited by rclab1; Aug 05, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
Aug 04, 2019, 08:03 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Steph280's Avatar
Yeah I agree, I was (and still am) running Connex Prosight, and the amount of wires and batteries you have to deal with before each flight takes a lot of patience to sort out. I would much prefer an all built in solution. If Fatshark can incorporate the HD receiver into the goggles modules that would save a lot of headache.
Aug 04, 2019, 08:10 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
Yeah I agree, I was (and still am) running Connex Prosight, and the amount of wires and batteries you have to deal with before each flight takes a lot of patience to sort out. I would much prefer an all built in solution. If Fatshark can incorporate the HD receiver into the goggles modules that would save a lot of headache.

DJI made it easier for me. Charge and fly.
Everything is in one small bag
Last edited by rclab1; Aug 05, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
Aug 05, 2019, 06:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsly
Based on the size of the chip it can be, and hopefully it will be small enough for being a module on the vrx side. But how will be the signal directed to the displays? I believe it only handles analog signal. There will be a cable from the module to the hdmi in connector? How much is it going to add to the latency? Too many questions. We will need official response to have the details.
I had the connex, and i had it hooked up to my goggles with a digital to analog converter, so the video was brought in analog and i can say that the picture quality was realy outstanding. you will be amazed how good analog can be if you bring in a decent signal. There was litteraly no difference than with the hdmi cable. the only problem with connex was the lag for fast racing. Low quality mode was doable but the high quality was just awfull. Now that said i dont think it woult be a problem if they made a module that puts in the "HD" (or semi HD) video) signal tru the analog bay
Aug 05, 2019, 12:57 PM
Premium Registered User
Giant Tortoise's Avatar
Can't wait ideal wing solution for me.
Aug 05, 2019, 06:45 PM
Registered User
I don't get it! I don't find that video impressive at all.
Aug 06, 2019, 07:44 AM
'Extreme Fabricator'
I hope they can engineer a decent fallback system into it. I'd even be happy with nHD video if it can reacquisition a signal from the distant abyss of digital errors.
Aug 06, 2019, 08:03 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is there OSD Signal-Bars (or % signal) to tell us the HDfeed is
getting worse?...or do we just use common sense?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Aug 06, 2019, 09:37 AM
Registered User
there is some form of (simulated ?) static similar to our analog feed


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion One Mo Byte 1.9" / 2" micro build JustPlaneChris Micro Multirotor Drones 0 Mar 22, 2019 10:24 PM
Discussion Moon light twinkling off the frost... rockyboy2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 Jan 03, 2018 12:25 PM
Help! KK2.1.5 verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000 0xff != 0 avr_0xff Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 Feb 15, 2016 01:39 PM
New Product Quattro-Byte & Trilo-Byte BJADA Multirotor Drone Talk 12 Dec 15, 2011 02:52 PM