DJI Digital FPV System

It's been long awaited, but DJI has finally unleashed their digital FPV system to the world.

Splash

DJI's FPV System is Here

It's been long awaited, but DJI has finally unleashed their digital FPV system to the world. This sci-fi looking headset and integrated system makes some big promises and could change the FPV market in a big way. We'll hold out judgment until we get our hands on one, but the specs look promising. Here's more from DJI:

The DJI Digital FPV System was specifically designed for hobbyist and professional drone pilots. It consists of the DJI FPV Air Unit Module, DJI FPV Camera, DJI FPV Goggles, and DJI FPV Remote Controller (RC), all of which are packed with powerful features and serve a significant role in the development of our HD Low Latency FPV system. We have redefined drone racing, delivering lower latency rates, a stunning HD display, and, most importantly, an unforgettable FPV flying experience.

A New Era of FPV Racing. The DJI Digital FPV System features the DJI HD Low Latency FPV Transmission technology (DJI HDL FPV Transmission). This redefined technology was designed to heighten your FPV experience. Pilots are not only able to race more smoothly with a latency within 28 ms but can also enjoy a crystal-clear view while doing so. For an immersive FPV experience look no further than the DJI HDL FPV Transmission technology.

The DJI HDL FPV Transmission technology features smooth 720p/120fps HD live view, a latency within 28 ms, and a transmission range up to 4km. The transmission technology utilizes a two-way communication system to stabilize signal connections, granting pilots more flexibility while flying through challenging areas and provides users with a latency within 28 ms while also featuring a stunning HD display.

Check out the DJI Digital FPV System Here

Jul 31, 2019, 04:19 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
I'll take the over on a dozen different threads on this by next week.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Jul 31, 2019, 04:25 PM
Illl take the over on a dozen different threads on this by next week.
Aug 01, 2019, 03:46 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Have been looking at this yesterday on various youtube reviews, looks very cool and I think the price is fair.

Pre-orders already started: http://bit.ly/DJI-DIGITAL-FPV

2 different sets available.

Looks promissing, if they sort out the problems and hopefully a smaller air module without reciever in the future. When will OSD be available?

V2 Goggles including a regular 5.8Ghz reciever would be the bomb!
Aug 01, 2019, 10:42 AM
FPV Freedom Coalition Member
Looks like something Antman would wear.

Dji rolls out a revolutionary new system and... it looks like a toy
Aug 01, 2019, 02:24 PM
The looks is the last thing I care about if it delivers.
Aug 01, 2019, 04:17 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Can moderators just combine the 4 threads to this...lolol
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Aug 01, 2019, 04:36 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Goggles look amazing actually. whether or not the system will work without the usual DJI firmware hackery then it's a good deal but they better wait until it's absolutely finished before release or it's curtains.. racing drone community don't put with crap..
Aug 01, 2019, 05:25 PM
It's such a game changer that it will probably sell well. I'll wait, however, until a more mature second gen comes out and the prices drop. Analog Devices is pushing digital video link chips in the market like crazy. I get their frickin Google Ads all day long. It's just a matter of time until the competition catches up:

https://www.analog.com/en/landing-pages/001/dji.html

https://www.analog.com/en/analog-dia...lications.html
Aug 01, 2019, 08:53 PM
Toycar racer
oh snap. these are looking like winners. definitely won't be able to do all my quads, but I'll give it a shot on a few. anyone have any codes for dji's site, or any others where this is available for purchase?
Aug 02, 2019, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Can moderators just combine the 4 threads to this...lolol
last count there were 7 threads now. we're shooting for a dozen in one week. you want the over or the under?
Aug 02, 2019, 07:40 PM
Just cancelled my order when I noticed that we've got the crap <0.7Km range in Australia due to CE crap...

No GPS so I wonder of it's just a matter of using different firmware.. Too expensive to just buy it and hope.
Last edited by Frosty3907; Aug 02, 2019 at 07:57 PM.
Aug 02, 2019, 07:41 PM
Also, I wonder why they're not using the battery in the controller to power the goggles? See attached, specs should be fine.. not sure why you'd need a 4S...
Aug 02, 2019, 07:43 PM
Toycar racer
Sucks . What's ce crap? I'm in America
Aug 02, 2019, 10:45 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty3907
Also, I wonder why they're not using the battery in the controller to power the goggles? See attached, specs should be fine.. not sure why you'd need a 4S...
You don't need a 4S, anything from 2S should be fine.

Does not look that interesting anymore with only 0,7km range in CE, and the TX sucks / is overpriced.

Quick Reply