This thread is privately moderated by Fidy$Trainer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 31, 2019, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

SlamNasty Build Guide

So If your interested in getting a SlamNasty 3" frame here are some pics that might help with your build. I'll add some notes. I will say to start it's a very heavy frame for a 3" AUW porking it out at144g. It's a very sexy frame and seems very sturdy. I doubt this will become a popular frame for several reasons. 1) Price at $40 it's pretty pricey. I think were all spoiled by Cheapie China.
2) It's very heavy. Did I say it's heavy? LOL that's an understatement.

Considering you can get a 3" frame that weighs half and cost half as much it's not the most logical choice but it is sexy. The frame is well layed out 20x20 stacks with 3mm screw mounts. Not sure why they did this. I used some wire sheathing to fill in the gaps on the 3mm holes. Lots of room and protection for the camera. The camera mount is isolated with 2 TPU standoff's and two screws that add friction when adjusted to the topplate to even better isolate jello in flight.

SPECS:
RCX 1407 4000kv motors--- Make sure you have screws that will fit through the 4mm arms. You dont want them to long where your grounding out on the motor windings.
Eachnie Nano VTX -- This gets very hot. BG has a TBS Nano 20x20 TPU stack plate. I would suggest getting one so it's easier to mount. I cut to of the ears off and mounted twoards the rear at an angle. Another option would have been to get longer 2mm spacers and create another stack but then you would need to go with the longer spacers and since we want a super slam nasty I need to find another way. Solder up Smart Audio to Tx3 and enable periphail IRCTramp on URAT3.
Mamba F405 Mini Stack-25a 4-1---For $39 great value. The only drawback is if your DSMX no 3.3v and it's all tiny pads with out labels. Kind of a pain. This stack is not for the novice builder. No plug and play connectors.
Spectrum 4960SPM--- Spectrum's new Rx with 5v and built in diversity antenna with telemtry. (RSSI) You only need 3 wires. The signal wires goes to Tx pad NOT an Rx pad like other Rx's. I put this on UART6 and signal wire on Tx6.
Battery: Will try some 550's 3s to 750' 4s and see how it flies. I think it will underperform on 3s but will see how it goes.
Props: DALPROPS 3056 tri blade.-- These should increas performance a bit over most 30xx prop's.

Camera I use an old Micro Foxeer-- that I had laying around. Fits very nice and plenty of space to adjust the camera angle.
As of today You need to download a fork of BF 4.0.3 that supports SRXL2. Go here expand the list of hex files. Find your FC download it and in BF load this manually. https://github.com/SpektrumRC/betaflight/releases

IMPORTANT NOTES WHEN BUILDING THE FRAME: Two of the arms have a smaller notchs to thread your screws. At first you dont think it's going to go. What I did is slowly work the screw in push down on the arm and screw it a little more. You will want to do this back and fourth until the arm is flush with the bottom plate. Be patient it will go.
Last edited by Fidy$Trainer; Jul 31, 2019 at 01:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2019, 09:02 AM
Thread OP
Here is the maiden flight
https://vimeo.com/manage/351399172/general

Quick Reply