Aug 01, 2019, 11:03 AM
Digital HD FPV & Goblin helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
I would much rather use MY choice of RC/telemetry link, and have a choice for analog or digital video, which is why i wonder how this will compare to Fatshark's offering
What Fatshark product you are referring to? I couldn’t find any digital HD video link from their web pages.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2019, 11:07 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly
What Fatshark product you are referring to? I couldn’t find any digital HD video link from their web pages.
Separate topic, but you Asked
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ark-Byte-Frost
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Aug 01, 2019, 12:32 PM

Screen type?

Anyone know what kind of screen is used?
OLED?
Aug 01, 2019, 12:47 PM
DesertEagle
I'll get one when it comes out. Much better than the first ridiculous version they had BUT if it's always in beta form then plan on bad reviews. From what I see so far.. the FOV is big but perfect for those of us that have the HD3, or SE fatsharks. The controller is a decent size but I hope you can buy ends for us thumbers. It's smaller and the weight is good for 4 or 5 inch quads especially considering that you are trading out the camera,VTX,Reciever, antennas and possibly a Runcam split or caddx turtle. The goggles simply look bad ass as the mavic does. To me the price is right as you get a decent controller,VTX,HD camera,hemet with HD reciever,antennas... if you think about the price of a Rapidfire RX module $150 then fatshark HDOs $500, then QX7 or Xlite $100-160. Then a crossfire RX module and receiver $200 depending on what one Then good camera $19-30 or Runcam split or Caddx Turtle $80.. this is a good deal...
Last edited by Deserteagle; Aug 01, 2019 at 01:58 PM.
Aug 01, 2019, 02:24 PM
Digital HD FPV & Goblin helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
That’s interesting. Thanks!
Aug 01, 2019, 06:04 PM
Jesus Freak
got my tracking number already!
Aug 01, 2019, 07:27 PM
I wonder if you have to solder this to the FC or if you can just power it directly to the battery leads on the board.

I like to be able to move my cameras between aircraft, especially one that costs 40 times more than any camera in my inventory . I can't tell if this is basically a AIO setup or if it's more like a Runcam Swift, Caddx, etc.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:55 PM
Quote:
The 'regional locking' is handled via an 'Activation Process', which requires creating an account on DJI's servers, connecting to the internet, and activating the goggles/air unit/transmitter.
Before doing this, the gear is locked onto CH8 (5843MHz) at 25mW.
Does this mean that EU/AUS users can use a VPN to bypass the geolocation stuff and enable 'FCC mode'?
There's the DJI I know.

I don't particularly want to hand my details to DJI to use a product I bought.
Aug 01, 2019, 08:54 PM
Toycar racer
oh snap. these are looking like winners. definitely won't be able to do all my quads, but I'll give it a shot on a few. anyone have any codes for dji's site, or any others where this is available for purchase?

(posted on the other rcgroups thread for this, since we have so many. looks like this is the one i want to be subbed to...)
Aug 01, 2019, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
Before doing this, the gear is locked onto CH8 (5843MHz) at 25mW..
A major NOGO. Why should i pay 1 kilobucks for 25mw instead of the 1W version?
DJI is known to lack the good sense of making workarounds easy as the chinese normally do.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:00 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
is there any support for an osd?
coming to betaflight 4.1 or future bf version? Believe it's supposed to support OSD for the dji system is what I've seen online. how much you can configure, not yet sure

DJI FPV Wiring Guide - How to connect to Betaflight (10 min 46 sec)

Go to 3:15 of le dribs video - MSP connection (white & grey wires) - connects the DJI Air Unit to betaflight which will allow for data communication. Provides for On Screen Display, PID tuning, and other functions in the DJI goggles
Last edited by dbzfpv; Aug 01, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:04 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
got my tracking number already!
ordered from dji? any discount codes available?
Aug 01, 2019, 09:15 PM
Toycar racer
oh wait....hmmm. what about this system? BYTE FROST HD Fpv System by FATSHARK!

https://www.facebook.com/FatSharkRC

Possible tech behind fatsharks byte frost system, per early reports...
https://www.hd-zero.com/

Or NextG1 HD fpv system. Here's a video of them in action. Gal Kremer has a review on them too.
NEXG1 HD FPV System Freestyle (3 min 41 sec)

I wanna see more reviews. Having options is a beautiful thing

Still leaning toward these dji fpv system, but wanna get all details first on all HD options.
Last edited by dbzfpv; Aug 01, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
Aug 01, 2019, 10:47 PM
RBII Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
oh wait....hmmm. what about this system? BYTE FROST HD Fpv System by FATSHARK!

https://www.facebook.com/FatSharkRC

Possible tech behind fatsharks byte frost system, per early reports...
https://www.hd-zero.com/

Or NextG1 HD fpv system. Here's a video of them in action. Gal Kremer has a review on them too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1Z-5Tkgtw

I wanna see more reviews. Having options is a beautiful thing

Still leaning toward these dji fpv system, but wanna get all details first on all HD options.
This thing will require a ground station.

keep holding your breath because at the rate that fatshark innovates it will take them 3 years to catch up
Aug 01, 2019, 10:50 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph2099
This thing will require a ground station.

keep holding your breath because at the rate that fatshark innovates it will take them 3 years to catch up
sounds good. they will have these FS in reviewers hands in couple weeks, per FS. For me, I'll hold off until I get all the details. DJI FPV system has set a high bar, so we'll see. With HDO's already and multiple quads, LR, 5", 3", etc, it would be nice to be able to simply use my FS HDO's with my crossfire system since I've already invested quite a bit in those items. In the end, may end up with DJI's system, but I'll hold off for the competitors

Quick Reply