Aug 01, 2019, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Echo
Does anyone know the field of view FOV? I can't find any information about it.
Don't know the specs but the camera sure aint all that very wide-angle.
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 01, 2019 at 04:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2019, 03:44 AM

Pre-orders already started

Pre-orders already started: http://bit.ly/DJI-DIGITAL-FPV

2 different sets available.

Looks promissing, if they sort out the problems and hopefully a smaller air module without reciever in the future. V2 Goggles including a regular 5.8Ghz reciever would be the bomb!
Aug 01, 2019, 05:41 AM
Super stoked about this, I'm definitely going to get goggles + camera + vtx. Not interested in the radio though.

Edit: I'm pretty much sure DJI designed and made their own silicon for this, that ow latency isn't possible with off the shelf parts.
Last edited by sbstnp; Aug 01, 2019 at 06:35 AM.
Aug 01, 2019, 06:20 AM
Multirotors are models too!
What is the operating frequency?

Will it "play nice" with existing FPV and RC systems?
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Aug 01, 2019, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
What is the operating frequency?

Will it "play nice" with existing FPV and RC systems?
5.8 GHz and apparently it will, not sure if on the highest power setting though.
Aug 01, 2019, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp
5.8 GHz and apparently it will, not sure if on the highest power setting though.
Will be interesting to see in real world testing with more than one or two analog signals....

has anyone actually tested when others are flying with analog FPV?

on edit.... 8 - 20MHz bandwidth channels?? will be interesting to see how it interferes......

The FCC channel spacing roughly follows Raceband, DJI seems to be 1-4 MHZ off of Raceband, so as long as the bandwidth isn't too much,
Last edited by Rusty105; Aug 01, 2019 at 06:59 AM.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:14 AM
Digital HD FPV & Goblin helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Will be interesting to see in real world testing with more than one or two analog signals....

has anyone actually tested when others are flying with analog FPV?
I have used my Goggles RE & Ocusync air unit many times so that there has been 1-2 analog setups flying around at the same time. There hasn't been any problems (pilots just need to check the chanels beforehand) so I suppose that the new gen2 should work fine with analog setups too.
Last edited by Picofly; Aug 01, 2019 at 10:58 AM.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly
I have used my Goggles Re & Ocusync air unit many times so that there has been 1-2 analog setups flying around at the same time. There hasn't been thout problems (pilots just need to check the chanels beforehand) so I suppose that the new gen2 should work fine with analog setups too.
Put 6 pilots total in the air(mixed DJI and analog) and see how it works. it may work fine
Aug 01, 2019, 07:53 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is that AirModule/Camera too heavy for nano-Goblin airplane?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Aug 01, 2019, 08:10 AM
Wonder how this will compare to Fatshark's just announced HD system, minus the RC control of course....
Aug 01, 2019, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1

The betaflight integration is nice, you have e the ability to change PiD and others things.
Price is high and I see that, but then there is nothing else like this out there.
price is ok, if it works exactly as expected...
what is the exact protocol and link from the RC to the TX to the flight controller? how many channels it provides to the FC?
ocusync air - means no mavic 2 controllers will be able to link with this new TX? as from the product page specs of RC look suspiciously similar to specs on the smart controller for the 5.7ghz band.

if all that works at least same good as my mavic 2 smart controller works - fatsharks and all that stuff is done. no other features and other things they can offer today will outperform singular digital fpv/telemetry long distance link. except of for micro woops, but, it is a different class anyway. anything from 5" and up can carry that new TX module fine. The stated 45.8g - is it with the camera or the TX brick alone?

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fp...unit?vid=82731
Last edited by Utkinpol; Aug 01, 2019 at 08:47 AM.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkinpol
price is ok, if it works exactly as expected...
what is the exact protocol and link from the RC to the TX to the flight controller? how many channels it provides to the FC?
ocusync air - means no mavic 2 controllers will be able to link with this new TX? as from the product page specs of RC look suspiciously similar to specs on the smart controller for the 5.7ghz band.

if all that works at least same good as my mavic 2 smart controller works - fatsharks and all that stuff is done. no other features and other things they can offer today will outperform singular digital fpv/telemetry long distance link. except of for micro woops, but, it is a different class anyway. anything from 5" and up can carry that new TX module fine. The stated 45.8g - is it with the camera or the TX brick alone?

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fp...unit?vid=82731
I seriously doubt it will kill analog FPV. Way too many combinations of cameras, vtx, flight controllers, video rx, RC transmitters, etc.... It does bring medium range FPV to complete noobs, so be assured, we will see more idiotic antics performed by complete noobs who have no experience handling FPV when things go sideways....

I would much rather use MY choice of RC/telemetry link, and have a choice for analog or digital video, which is why i wonder how this will compare to Fatshark's offering
Aug 01, 2019, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly
54 degree fov is a drawback for me. Goggles RE have simply awesome field of vision and 54 degrees sound lame compared to that.
Unfortunately the market seems to be full of people that want tiny postage stamp size FOVs.

My question is, the screen in the new goggles is a 16:9 screen but the camera is a 4:3 sensor. You can see this most clearly in the Kabab video. When the camera is utilizing it's full resolution it is sending a 4:3 image back to the goggles and there are black bars on either side of the goggles screen that are used for OSD information. You can also select a 16:9 image that crops the top and bottom and I assume fills the 16:9 screen. So which is the 54* FOV quoted for? I hope for the 4:3 image.
Aug 01, 2019, 10:05 AM
Jesus Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Is that AirModule/Camera too heavy for nano-Goblin airplane?
LOL i'll let you know, I pulled the trigger last night on the DJI FPV Experience Combo

Quick Reply