Jun 15, 2021, 09:45 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP

Official DJI Digital FPV Systems V1 & V2 Owners Group

DJI have now released the new Firmware for the V2 Goggles and FPV Drone.

This update SHOULD also resolve the low battery issue where users got stuck in FPV Drone mode after the goggles rebooted.

In my own testing beta before release this did appear to resolve the issue however I would love to hear your feedback on this as I have not tested the actual release.

If your someone stuck in FPV Drone mode update your V2 goggles to this and hopefully the option to switch back will be there.

Note: Remember it’s below the screen at the bottom of the About Screen options and you need to scroll down.

Note 2: I have now tested all the hacks and mods including the Digiview output and Naco 1200/FCC hacks all work the same.

Thanks

Mad.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 15, 2021 at 10:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2021, 10:49 AM
b3yond fcc hack in dji fpv drone mode also appears to be working still for me ( i.e. i get more range, than pure CE mode)

now with the new subtitles for googles we should now be able to test this much more accurately, as we can see the bitrate , rather than the rather inaccurate signal bar indicator... also obviously makes post-flight analysis much easier.
Jun 15, 2021, 07:56 PM
Toycar racer
So what's your guys take on the new Runcam Mipi camera? Will dji block them with update? I recall they tried to do the runcam racer for dji that didn't go over well with dji. I believe dji stated they would put out firmware to prevent those 3rd party cams, but I don't think they ever released that. Or is dji allowing run cam to make these cams?

Trying to figure out if saving 20-25 bucks is worth it to get the runcam mipi vs nebula pro or dji fpv camera. Per the videos it's looks great, but should we worry if dji will release a firmware update to block their cam and any other 3rd party cams?

Get one? And take a risk that dji could release some firmware and then we'd have a useless dji camera? What would you do? What's your guys take on this?
Jun 15, 2021, 09:49 PM
To me, the image quality looks good, but not as good as Nebula Pro and
it's listed as only 60fps where Nebula Pro is 120fps thus compatible with
low latency mode.
Jun 15, 2021, 11:30 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
To me, the image quality looks good, but not as good as Nebula Pro and
it's listed as only 60fps where Nebula Pro is 120fps thus compatible with
low latency mode.
Thanks Daemon. Didn't realize it was only 60fps.
Jun 15, 2021, 11:36 PM
You might want to ask Runcam directly about the fps. I've seen some contradictory
listings for the Nebular Pro (some 60, some 120), but we know it's 120.
Always a chance the Runcam MIPI is just listed wrong.
Jun 16, 2021, 05:13 PM
... what is the range of the DJI TX?
Jun 17, 2021, 01:25 AM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Hi,

Has anyone updated the V2 googles to the latest firmware?

I do not have any problem but wants to get rid of the potential "low voltage" problem. However, it does not seem to be any new firmware available.

Can anyone confirm that it works to change mode to "DJI FPV" i.e. that:

1) The new firmware becomes available
2) That it is possible to switch back to "stand-alone FPV" mode once the firmware download is completed
3) And of course that the FCC hack etc works as before

I would really appreciate any answers!
Jun 17, 2021, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dxspin
Hi,

Has anyone updated the V2 googles to the latest firmware?

I do not have any problem but wants to get rid of the potential "low voltage" problem. However, it does not seem to be any new firmware available.

Can anyone confirm that it works to change mode to "DJI FPV" i.e. that:

1) The new firmware becomes available
2) That it is possible to switch back to "stand-alone FPV" mode once the firmware download is completed
3) And of course that the FCC hack etc works as before

I would really appreciate any answers!

Hi

does the last post by Mad Angler about 6 posts back not answer your questions?
Jun 17, 2021, 12:36 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwenty
Hi

does the last post by Mad Angler about 6 posts back not answer your questions?
No, I do not think so.

I am in FPV mode and does not get the option to update when firing up DJI assistant 2. So I would like do know if I need to switch to "drone" mode in order to udate the firmware.

However, one of the main fixes of this firmware was to avoid ending up in drone mode in the first place .... ... so I am not particulary keen on deliberately switching to drone mode unless I know I can get out of it ...
Jun 17, 2021, 06:18 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
Quote:
No, I do not think so.

I am in FPV mode and does not get the option to update when firing up DJI assistant 2. So I would like do know if I need to switch to "drone" mode in order to udate the firmware.

However, one of the main fixes of this firmware was to avoid ending up in drone mode in the first place .... ... so I am not particulary keen on deliberately switching to drone mode unless I know I can get out of it ...

Yes you will probably need to switch them to FPV Drone Mode to get the update.

Every single person I have seen and test I have done gives the option to switch back now.

However basically you could ignore the firmware and then IF the issue hit you update at that point.

For PFV Standalone there is no actual feature changes.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Jun 17, 2021, 06:20 PM
Quote:
No, I do not think so.

I had no trouble updating to .606 (I think) and then switching back.
Jun 18, 2021, 02:36 AM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Yes you will probably need to switch them to FPV Drone Mode to get the update.

Every single person I have seen and test I have done gives the option to switch back now.

However basically you could ignore the firmware and then IF the issue hit you update at that point.

For PFV Standalone there is no actual feature changes.
Thanks for your answer, appreciate it!

Good to hear and perhaps a good advice. I will probably go ahead and update the firmware anyway since you never know with DJI (the updated firmware may be gone tomorrow ).

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I had no trouble updating to .606 (I think) and then switching back.
Thanks for input!
Jun 18, 2021, 05:49 AM

GPS decimal point

Just got my DJI V2 goggles. I’ve been using borrowed ones and they are good but the new ones show gps longitude as 420... instead of -4.2... Latitude is ok.
I’m using f405wing flight controller. Co-ords are ok on my Taranis. Any ideas how to fix this?
Jun 18, 2021, 01:32 PM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
Mad,

I wish DJI would sell an add on module/FC/OSD so that I can get proper flight instruments on goggle screens like PFD on their controller.

Matrice 300 RTK | Primary Flight Display Feature (3 min 18 sec)

Do you know of any third party that offer such options?

Quick Reply