Thread Tools
Sep 18, 2019, 02:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
It will work fine but it needs 5V to power it. The vbat connection is for voltage monitoring only, it doesn't have a BEC. The 5V can come from your ESC. A non-inverted UART is a standard UART. Inverted is a special one on F4s used for SBUS, Smartport, FBUS and maybe a few others
So given that the DJI Combo uses SBUS, wouldn't you want it inverted? Or is that only for F4's, not F7's?
Sorry I'm about to get started on my build in a couple days and I'm sure it's all explained, somewhere or other!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyMan
How are you positioning your antennas? Thanks.
Right now pointing down below the quad, though I think its just important that they are not horizontal, they should be vertical while flying.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:51 AM
Registered User
Does the system also streams audio to the goggles?
How is the quality?
Sep 18, 2019, 10:01 AM
"Furadi"
Conradm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroe
Does the system also streams audio to the goggles?
How is the quality?
No it doesn't.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:40 AM
Toycar racer
Dbz619's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
Mounting the lipo forward is not really a big deal. (which he did do in the video) Otherwise if you have a gopro and especially a 118g hero 7 balance isn't going to be an issue. You'd probably have more of a CG issue on a freestyle quad with the Air Unit above the stack making for a really tall build.
which antennas have you found work best with the dji system?
Sep 18, 2019, 10:42 AM
Toycar racer
Dbz619's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
It will work fine but it needs 5V to power it. The vbat connection is for voltage monitoring only, it doesn't have a BEC. The 5V can come from your ESC. A non-inverted UART is a standard UART. Inverted is a special one on F4s used for SBUS, Smartport, FBUS and maybe a few others
5v to power the air unit? Or something else? the air unit needs at least 7.4v - 17.6v to power it.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:48 AM
"Furadi"
Conradm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
which antennas have you found work best with the dji system?
I'm pretty happy with the AXII's on the quad. As far as the goggles the crosshair works great. Thinking about trying some of TrueRC's new offerings though.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:49 AM
Toycar racer
Dbz619's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
I'm pretty happy with the AXII's on the quad. As far as the goggles the crosshair works great. Thinking about trying some of TrueRC's new offerings though.
Thanks Conradm. Keeping them LHCP or are you using RHCP now?
Sep 18, 2019, 10:54 AM
"Furadi"
Conradm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
Thanks Conradm. Keeping them LHCP or are you using RHCP now?
Oh yeah LHCP. That's what I was running on analog so it worked out great.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:05 AM
Toycar racer
Dbz619's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
Oh yeah LHCP. That's what I was running on analog so it worked out great.
thank you Conradm!
Sep 18, 2019, 11:09 AM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty3907
So given that the DJI Combo uses SBUS, wouldn't you want it inverted? Or is that only for F4's, not F7's?
Sorry I'm about to get started on my build in a couple days and I'm sure it's all explained, somewhere or other!
It has one inverted input. You're fine.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:10 AM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
5v to power the air unit? Or something else? the air unit needs at least 7.4v - 17.6v to power it.
The F405-STD needs a 5V source.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:12 AM
Toycar racer
Dbz619's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
The F405-STD needs a 5V source.
gotcha. thanks for clarification. thought you were referring to air unit.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
PLEASE take a selfie with that rig!!!
I have already been nerd shamed by my wife lol
Sep 18, 2019, 11:38 AM
Jesus Freak
AtTheCross's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkvillager
I have already been nerd shamed by my wife lol
HAHAHAAHA!!!

And those hash tags!!!!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI Propulsion System for Multirotor ***Developer and Owner Thread***** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Talk 6058 Dec 11, 2018 10:14 AM
New Product DJI LightBridge 2.4G Full HD digital video downlink **Owners Thread** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 361 Sep 15, 2018 04:15 PM
Discussion CUAV HACK LINK Digital Data Link System for PIXHACK Flight Controller FPV UAV Drone Q skylarkfpv Multirotor Drone Talk 3 Mar 30, 2018 07:06 PM
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20306 Nov 26, 2017 09:01 PM
Discussion DJI Wookong-M + Gaui 500X for FPV aerial video owners Velociraptor73 Multirotor Drone Talk 134 Mar 22, 2012 03:24 PM