Aug 02, 2019, 10:56 AM
So - DJI and Fatshark so far...

Eachine $300 version on BG by end of the year??
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2019, 11:37 AM

Lcd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bales
It's LCD.

LCD in the DJIs?
So, will HDO or Orqa (OLEDs) with Fatshark HD VTX have a better image?
Aug 02, 2019, 11:43 AM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwenty
So - DJI and Fatshark so far...

Eachine $300 version on BG by end of the year??
fpvblue is supposed to come out in Sept. There's a thread on rcgroups for that too. And R2Teck NEXG1 has something too (google them and you can see some reviews on youtube). DJI has set the bar high though, so we'll see.
Last edited by Dbz619; Aug 02, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
Aug 02, 2019, 11:48 AM
To anyone that has one of these units in hand or on the way, can you get some clear pictures of the air unit next to a ruler measuring in mm? All I've gotten is estimates on dimensions and for me, it'll be an extremely tight fit into my existing frame and that last few mm in accuracy means the difference between fitting or not.

DJI says the air unit is the following, but I don't know if that includes ridges or bumps: 44◊37.8◊14.4 mm

I wish they had increased the cable length to something like 11-12cm (was told by Kabab it was ~10cm) so that I could comfortably put it in the back of a 5" frame.
Aug 02, 2019, 12:58 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP

DJI Digital FPV System Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom Zoom
To anyone that has one of these units in hand or on the way, can you get some clear pictures of the air unit next to a ruler measuring in mm? All I've gotten is estimates on dimensions and for me, it'll be an extremely tight fit into my existing frame and that last few mm in accuracy means the difference between fitting or not.

DJI says the air unit is the following, but I don't know if that includes ridges or bumps: 44◊37.8◊14.4 mm

I wish they had increased the cable length to something like 11-12cm (was told by Kabab it was ~10cm) so that I could comfortably put it in the back of a 5" frame.

Give me an hour and you will have it

Here

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Aug 02, 2019 at 01:09 PM.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:43 PM
Jesus Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
ordered from dji? any discount codes available?
yes from DJI I'll check my account to see if they gave me a code

getting it today so will also check the box
Aug 02, 2019, 01:58 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
yes from DJI I'll check my account to see if they gave me a code

getting it today so will also check the box
nice. i think I'll end up with one of these sets, just waiting to see what Fatshark (byte frost HD system) has since I already have hdos, crossfire, etc. in any case, if you get any codes that you can share, i'd be grateful if you don't need it! Let us know how you like the system once you get it all set up!
Last edited by Dbz619; Aug 02, 2019 at 02:05 PM.
Aug 02, 2019, 02:38 PM
Copper Copter
Just chiming in:

Good or bad, I am just happy there will be a new rush to innovate in the hobby.

Sad that I can only watch and not actually contribute...
Aug 02, 2019, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Ok just some quick answers.

There will be a total overview and OSD overview by the end of the day.

BF4.1 is only for DHI HDL RC mode and not all connection, SBUS is fine on all other versions, HDL is 7ms 200hz control link response.

Activation is needed to set the correct region mode, so CE/FCC, they ha e a legal requirement for this, until you activate you will be limited to the lower power mode.

Power is fine directly to battery as long as 2-4s.

In normal use the unit gets to around 50c as airflow is required.

Let me be clear on the NFZ nonsense, this is a Air system not a FC, itís transmits video and RC. NFZ is part of your flight controllers and nothing else. End this nonsense please and itís exact the the same as any other FPV system end off, any suggestion otherwise is just wrong.
On mavics they placed nfz locks into both the radio and FC. I see 0 reason to trust anything they do blindly. It is not an open source that anyone can check...

Does it support any telemetry sent back over sbus? Anything similar to s.port frsky does?
Aug 02, 2019, 03:56 PM
Toycar racer
anyone know the official release date when other stores, besides dji, will start selling them ?
Aug 02, 2019, 04:03 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP

DJI Digital FPV System Owners

Overview and Menus walk though is up, stock will be hitting dealers in the US this week I believe.

EU is a few weeks out yet.

DJI Digital FPV System - Complete Overview & Menu Walk Though (23 min 51 sec)
Aug 02, 2019, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Give me an hour and you will have it

Here
Thank you so much for the measurements!
Aug 02, 2019, 08:07 PM
Cancelled my order with great sadness when I noticed the 4km range is cut to <0.7km in Australia

Will wait with baited breath for someone to activate with a VPN and see if that works...
Last edited by Frosty3907; Aug 02, 2019 at 08:31 PM.
Aug 02, 2019, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Overview and Menus walk though is up, stock will be hitting dealers in the US this week I believe.

EU is a few weeks out yet.
Great Video, thanks!! Iíve got 2 questions;

1. Based on this and your previous posts it looks like the power setting is user configurable, so once activated we can adjust regardless of where system is purchased?

2. How do the goggles go with glasses ? I have a funky prescription so canít use inserts and have always been limited to fxt viper goggles as they accept glasses. If these can fit glasses it would be a game changer for me

Cheers for all the info!
Aug 02, 2019, 10:02 PM
Quote:
You do not HAVE to give any personal details. Just an email address and a name , you can even use a fake one if you wish, thatís down to you.

Activation is via the DJI Assistant App for goggles, this is required to set warranty and location for FCC/CE compliance.

This was identical on the original air system and DJI require it on pretty much every product.

Unlike before you can still use the system with out activation,l but limited to CE output.

If you have an issue with doing it then itís simple donít buy it.
"DJI have always done this so its fine" is not an answer.

It's not legal in my country to require registration for a warranty, so that's meaningless.

I also don't need to give a Chinese corporation the ability to limit or disable products.

It's a valid criticism of the system, do you work for them or something?

Quick Reply