Sep 09, 2019, 08:42 AM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerceivedShift
I have about 50 packs into the DJI system, so far it's impressed me in everyway possible. The only issue I had was one specific to yesterday. On-board recording kept shutting off for some reason. Not sure if its my SD card or not...
What SD card?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2019, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
What SD card?
Used for on-board recording....

My air unit sits really tight on the frame, is it possible that the DVR is shut off first if temp climbs too high before reducing power output?
Sep 09, 2019, 09:10 AM
mdv
mdv
Yikes! I hope this isn't DJI's way of forcing firmware updates. If so, then other FCC mode users should report the same.

I haven't received my unit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
I have a plane setup with the DJI digital FPV system installed. There are photos in this thread a few days back. I have about 3 hours of flying time on the craft so far.

It's running Arduplane and Dragonlink, so there's not connection to the aircraft besides power.

Today, when I went to fly, it said it was in a public channel and I needed to change it. I tried to change and only three channels were available and 25 mW max.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a PC with me, so was stuck flying on low power and hence only about 1.5 miles range.

When I got home, I connected to DJI assistant and it immediately went into firmware flashing mode. After that completed, it was back to FCC mode with full power and all channels available.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Sep 09, 2019, 09:40 AM
& #@$ it, Dude. Let's go flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerceivedShift
I have about 50 packs into the DJI system, so far it's impressed me in everyway possible. The only issue I had was one specific to yesterday. On-board recording kept shutting off for some reason. Not sure if its my SD card or not...
I've had this happen a few times too. I've noticed it happening with more frequency as the SD card fills up. I'm using a Samsung 64GB U3 sd card, and I'm bottom mounting the battery so the air unit should be getting plenty of airflow. I have been able to restart recording with the button on the goggles or the transmitter.
Sep 09, 2019, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m303625
My guess is the air unit overheated and cut back on video transmission power, it is programmed to behave this way, do you have adequate cooling space around it? mine is crammed into a floss 2.1 clone frame and I am concerned it may overheat in the hotter months which are coming here in Aus, time will tell!
I feel like my air unit should be getting enough colling, also this happened with air temperature at around 16C (60F).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
What power level? Can you post a pic of the quad and are you using the stock antennas?
700mw on stock antennas. Pic of my quad is attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Could you please Dropbox me the air log?
How do I get that?
Sep 09, 2019, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaki

How do I get that?
via the assistant
Sep 09, 2019, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account
I guess its time to upgrade, Ill miss my old ones😊
Sep 09, 2019, 07:25 PM
One question: 700mW is just for FCC location? I live in Brazil so need to hack (txt file trick) or use a VPN to activate?
Sep 09, 2019, 07:36 PM
I have had my unit for several weeks. I have no DC reading or timer information on my OSD. Also the channel movement indicators in the servo screen do not move when I in put on sticks. This is happening on the lumineer build I just received from get fpv. Everything else is fine. It flies well and seems to work fine. DJI says it is a port problem. Get fpv says it all tested fine at there facility. Anybody have any insight do this problem
Sep 09, 2019, 08:43 PM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!

How much better than the Connex Prosight?

Over the weekend, we flew with both the Connex HD and the new DJI Digital System, and test results were interesting, not in terms of which one had victory but in terms of each system's handling of signal degradation under the same environmental conditions .

DJI HD Vs Connex HD SHOWDOWN (8 min 29 sec)
Sep 10, 2019, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kovach
I have had my unit for several weeks. I have no DC reading or timer information on my OSD. Also the channel movement indicators in the servo screen do not move when I in put on sticks. This is happening on the lumineer build I just received from get fpv. Everything else is fine. It flies well and seems to work fine. DJI says it is a port problem. Get fpv says it all tested fine at there facility. Anybody have any insight do this problem
the two things I would check,
1. whatever uart you are using must be set to MSP in betaflight ports tab
2. rx and tx wires must be correct eg rx to tx and tx to rx.
if that is ok try different uart as the one you are using may be inverted for sbus telem. it really is that simple to connect
Sep 10, 2019, 08:29 AM
Jesus Freak
finally did a proper install of the air unit, I had been using it on my test bed airplane just velcroed on. put it in a nano goblin, the only thing i have to say is that freaking connector from the camer to the air unit is small and looks super fragile
Sep 10, 2019, 08:38 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaki
I've been flying the DJI FPV system without any issue for at least 50 packs. Last weekend I completely lost video for about 10 seconds out of nowhere and almost lost my quad. Note that this happened on 4 bars about 30 meters away from me with clear LOS. On the air unit recording it just cuts from me flying, to the quad lying in the grass. Interestingly, I never lost my control link as I could hear the quad react to my inputs. After this, I continued flying the rest of the day without any problems.

Did anyone run into this issue? Any ideas what could be the cause?

Raw footage from the air unity (careful, loud audio)
Exactly like I documented in Post #624 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=624
I have a video link there too of the freeze and crash.

Some believe it's a result of overheating. Some think that it's a result of an SD card error.

I think it is triggered by SD card writing problems. I say that because I very occasionally get frame stuttering (ranging from a split second to about a second) and then followed by an SD Error annunciation in the goggles. So the SD card error is not well-handled by the firmware and results in the pauses in video transmission. I think the firmware can be improved to make it more robust to SD card errors. That way, even a low-quality SD card will not result in the video link being compromised.

DJI requested the logs for the goggles, air unit and controller after viewing the video and I sent it to them for analysis. Haven't heard back from them since. I'm sure they are working on it.

Other than that one time where the link froze long enough to result in a crash, it has not re-occurred. Only the very occasional video link pauses (usually a fraction of a second) followed sometimes by the SD Error annunciation.

Another thing I have observed is that whenever I get the stuttering but do not get an SD card error, the air unit recording will show a loss of sync between the audio and video. When these events occur, audio seem to record normally without gaps. But the video track gets compressed because of the dropped frames and ends up leading the audio track.

I would like to add that 95% of the flights are problem-free.
Last edited by dingrrcg; Sep 10, 2019 at 08:50 AM.
Sep 10, 2019, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
Exactly like I documented in Post #624 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=624
I have a video link there too of the freeze and crash.

Some believe it's a result of overheating. Some think that it's a result of an SD card error.

I think it is triggered by SD card writing problems. I say that because I very occasionally get frame stuttering (ranging from a split second to about a second) and then followed by an SD Error annunciation in the goggles. So the SD card error is not well-handled by the firmware and results in the pauses in video transmission. I think the firmware can be improved to make it more robust to SD card errors. That way, even a low-quality SD card will not result in the video link being compromised.

DJI requested the logs for the goggles, air unit and controller after viewing the video and I sent it to them for analysis. Haven't heard back from them since.
can you send me the dat file? I'm working directly with the team.
Sep 10, 2019, 08:55 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
can you send me the dat file? I'm working directly with the team.
Here are the three log files from that event...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1930ete4f...29-45.DAT?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26wlxrh6td...41-27.DAT?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rskmxcsepc...50-43.DAT?dl=0

Video link:
DJI FPV System Freeze and Crash (0 min 13 sec)

Quick Reply