Aug 06, 2020, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurpet
If anyone is really desperate for goggles right now I can sell my old pair. It has two small green sunburns on both screens about 30 degrees off center, so I can sell them for $100. Otherwise, I'll take them apart and try to make stereo goggles with my new pair.
Why did you copy someone's picture saying its your goggles(your second picture) from this site? https://forum.dji.com/thread-215715-1-1.html

The goggle in your second picture is not yours as this pic was originally posted by someone who had yellow artifact.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2020, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitdude
Is there a problem if i cross the antennas on a air unit? The right output on the unit sticks out the left side of the quad and vice versa. I would guess not but thought i ask, mayby the mimo or whatever gets confused
Nope
Aug 06, 2020, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezikiel12
Nope
Alright thanks
Would been a hassle otehrwise as the antennas only comes in one configuration and it wont fit if not crossing.
Aug 06, 2020, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X553D
Why did you copy someone's picture saying its your goggles(your second picture) from this site? https://forum.dji.com/thread-215715-1-1.html

The goggle in your second picture is not yours as this pic was originally posted by someone who had yellow artifact.
The goggles in the picture are the DJI's wallpaper, so it looks the same on all goggles's screens. My yellow/green burns are not in the same location as in the picture you linked. They are two adjacent blurry dots on the far left of the goggles.
Aug 06, 2020, 02:40 PM
Quote:
The thing you learn about 3D very quickly is that it's a net negative to your reaction time. Having to refocus your eyes in order to glance at your OSD or to see obstacles is a big nope. I remember the first time playing a first person shooter in 3D. So cool, until you learn your at a major disadvantage and always will be because you're wasting so much precious time having to constantly change focus to see things.
Stereo glasses don't require refocusing your eyes, the focus is at a fixed viewing distance the same as with regular goggles. What it does require, though, is converging/diverging your eyes while viewing different depths.
Aug 06, 2020, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurpet
Stereo glasses don't require refocusing your eyes, the focus is at a fixed viewing distance the same as with regular goggles. What it does require, though, is converging/diverging your eyes while viewing different depths.
Bruh... I wasn't debating whether you focused via focal length or convergence. My point still stands
Last edited by ezikiel12; Aug 06, 2020 at 02:58 PM.
Aug 06, 2020, 03:01 PM
Possibly, I never tried racing in stereo goggles. But, in principle, you don't need to change convergence to experience stereo. Your brain just picks disparity between L and R images over the whole frame no matter where you are converged, unless it is very far off in depth from the convergence point.
Aug 06, 2020, 04:54 PM
Quote:
I remember the first time playing a first person shooter in 3D. So cool, until you learn your at a major disadvantage and always will be because you're wasting so much precious time having to constantly change focus to see things.
Wait.. what??
Aug 06, 2020, 05:45 PM
FPV Lawnmower
so... I am not liking my DJI air unit compared to the vista... too heavy, auto record doesnt work or recordings fail and dual antennas make it difficult to set-up and more expensive if you add aftermarket antennas...

so is there any benefit to the DJI air units at all vs the vista? seems the vista really nailed it.
Aug 06, 2020, 05:49 PM
Vista has poorer cooling so it always runs hot as hell, even idling.
When idling Vista always runs in low-power mode at < 1mW (and about 5fps),
while regular AU idles at 25mW at full frame rate (because it doesn't run as hot).
There's a glitch with the Vista where if you just arm and take-off immediately the
image will freeze for a couple seconds (as it's switching out of low-power-mode).
Also means that if you crash and disarm, you'll likely lose the video signal immediately
(even if relatively close, because it goes back to low-power-mode).

Because it's always idling in low-power-mode, you can't start DVR recording
before takeoff. It only records while armed.. see glitch above with image freezing
when first armed.

In my experience full sized AU has better performance in serious NLOS conditions
with its two antennas than the Vista does.

I don't like the shorter camera cable that comes with the Vista. I have pulled the connector
off the Vista AU many times. In fact, the Vista AU isn't even screwed together. It has
three layers and only two of them are screwed together. The 3rd is held on
with a plug and thermal paste. Seriously, it'll come apart like an Oreo cookie
with any direct impact.

Can do PNP cables with the full sized AU, but not Vista.

Of course YMMV.
Last edited by Daemon; Aug 06, 2020 at 05:55 PM.
Aug 06, 2020, 06:36 PM
FPV Lawnmower
ok - thanks for your thoughtful reply - i have noticed the vista frame freeze and of course cant ignore the heat - but yours is the first I heard the full size AU may have better NLOS performance

for my use the benefits of the vista size and single antenna format outweigh any negatives

ps.
there are longer antennas available now for the vista - I picked two up the other week, way better positioning
Aug 06, 2020, 06:50 PM
I mounted a Vista through the hatch of a dart and put screws through the holes into a tpu mount. I hot glued the mount under the hatch to hold it so separation of the layers shouldn’t happen.
Last edited by Kreskin; Aug 06, 2020 at 11:38 PM.
Aug 06, 2020, 11:32 PM
In my opinion, the main problem with Vista is that it has only one antenna. With enough agility it is easy to get into its zero pole and at large distances the image turns into a pixelated jello. For example, this happened when I tried to dive down a sheer cliff face while being 8 km away.
Aug 07, 2020, 12:38 AM
Drag and Destroy
Anyone with the DJI Radio know what size the stick ends are? M3 or M4?
Aug 07, 2020, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymoonshine
anyone with the dji radio know what size the stick ends are? M3 or m4?
m3.

Quick Reply