Aug 01, 2019, 11:00 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
There's the DJI I know.

I don't particularly want to hand my details to DJI to use a product I bought.

So what if you add a GPS to your betaflight build for RTH, will DJI add NFZs?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2019, 11:29 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
id much rather have that whole antenna array business up on a pole mount, instead of hanging off my face.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
is there any support for an osd?
There is OSD when connecting to DJI FPV Goggles.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Echo
Does anyone know the field of view FOV? I can't find any information about it.
It's right in DJI website, the FOV of DJI FPV Goggles is adjustable from 30į to 54į
Aug 02, 2019, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy
As a Goggles RE owner, I was really hoping for a 1080P liveview upgrade, but I guess that will have to wait for V3. I was also hoping for live sound transmission, but that did not make it either. Well at least thereís sound recording from Air Unit I guess. From an audienceís perspective this system is a substantial upgrade compared to the Goggles Racing Combo. From the pilotís perspective, is the halved latency and increased frame rate worth the $900 upgrade? I am not sure for fixed-wing use. The penetration prowess is impressive and peripheral pixelation/breakup maybe the deciding feature for me to upgrade this time.
It can only record the audio when recording a 1080P 60fps video. The FPV Goggles can play the audio only if the video is recorded by the Air Unit.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:48 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP

DJI Digital FPV System Owners

Ok just some quick answers.

There will be a total overview and OSD overview by the end of the day.

BF4.1 is only for DHI HDL RC mode and not all connection, SBUS is fine on all other versions, HDL is 7ms 200hz control link response.

Activation is needed to set the correct region mode, so CE/FCC, they ha e a legal requirement for this, until you activate you will be limited to the lower power mode.

Power is fine directly to battery as long as 2-4s.

In normal use the unit gets to around 50c as airflow is required.

Let me be clear on the NFZ nonsense, this is a Air system not a FC, itís transmits video and RC. NFZ is part of your flight controllers and nothing else. End this nonsense please and itís exact the the same as any other FPV system end off, any suggestion otherwise is just wrong.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guytranspo
Anyone know what kind of screen is used?
OLED?
It's LCD.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:57 AM

Frame?

DJI is selling, though they are out-of-stock, the TransTEC LASER HD Frame for this. According to them it was designed specifically for this system.

Has anyone identified other frames which will work well?

Thanks,

Larry
Aug 02, 2019, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
End this nonsense please and itís exact the the same as any other FPV system end off, any suggestion otherwise is just wrong.
What other FPV system do I have to hand my personal details to a Chinese company to use?
Aug 02, 2019, 02:26 AM
Quote:
What other FPV system do I have to hand my personal details to a Chinese company to use?
If it concerns you, don't give them accurate details.

Larry
Aug 02, 2019, 03:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

You do not HAVE to give any personal details. Just an email address and a name , you can even use a fake one if you wish, thatís down to you.

Activation is via the DJI Assistant App for goggles, this is required to set warranty and location for FCC/CE compliance.

This was identical on the original air system and DJI require it on pretty much every product.

Unlike before you can still use the system with out activation,l but limited to CE output.

If you have an issue with doing it then itís simple donít buy it.
Aug 02, 2019, 04:58 AM
Digital HD FPV & Goblin helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryTru
Has anyone identified other frames which will work well?

Thanks,

Larry
I am using Scarab 270 Air frames with my Ocusync Air Unit gen1 setups. It is not ideal for FPV racing but there is lots of space for the electronics and the props are not visible in the camera view.
Aug 02, 2019, 04:59 AM
Thread OP
I have added images to the second post, these need to be tidied up and will do that later.
Aug 02, 2019, 04:59 AM
Digital HD FPV & Goblin helis
removed
Aug 02, 2019, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly
I am using Scarab 270 Air frames with my Ocusync Air Unit gen1 setups. It is not ideal for FPV racing but there is lots of space for the electronics and the props are not visible in the camera view.
That's a clean build.

Thx!

Larry

Quick Reply