Aug 21, 2019, 11:25 PM
Yes. The only thing the DJI HDL protocol should do is very slightly reduce the latency. S.Bus is already only 7mS/frame, so it won't be a lot.
I'm running both of mine with S.Bus on released betaflight and have voltage. I wish they'd hurry up and get current and current consumption on the OSD though. I'd also like the ability to move the OSD items around.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 11:52 PM
I bought the TransTEC Laser HD frame that DJI sells for the air unit. It's just a basic frame with two 3D printed parts and you zip tie the module to the frame lol. Can't say I recommend it.

The DJI FPV commercial had a 3D printed holder for the air unit, it'd be great if they'd make that available for download!
Aug 22, 2019, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattung
I bought the TransTEC Laser HD frame that DJI sells for the air unit. It's just a basic frame with two 3D printed parts and you zip tie the module to the frame lol. Can't say I recommend it.

The DJI FPV commercial had a 3D printed holder for the air unit, it'd be great if they'd make that available for download!
Thanks for your honest opinion! Where does the flight stack; esc, pdb go?!?!
Aug 22, 2019, 02:20 AM
Does this look like a good build? I've never built an acro quad... in fact the last quad I made was out of wood :/
Aug 22, 2019, 04:03 AM
The latest Impulserc Apex frame has a HD version which will fit the Dji Air Unit.

I'm a Impulserc Reverb fan so will get this for my Dji FPV build.
Aug 22, 2019, 04:40 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
The latest Impulserc Apex frame has a HD version which will fit the Dji Air Unit.

I'm a Impulserc Reverb fan so will get this for my Dji FPV build.

Many of these smaller frames can fit but you need to move the FC out the centre. Im not keen on that so am extending out the back slightly. Will have my design done once I return from holiday.
Aug 22, 2019, 06:32 AM
Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by unroy
Can you get Volt reading from the FC?
Yes. I think that comes from the OSD connect on a different port on the flight controller. So is not related to the receiver protocol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Aug 22, 2019, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Many of these smaller frames can fit but you need to move the FC out the centre. I’m not keen on that so am extending out the back slightly. Will have my design done once I return from holiday.
I like the Apex as it will fit a 30x30mm FC/ESC centrally and still accommodate the Dji air unit within the rear cage.
Aug 22, 2019, 06:54 AM
Here is how it looks in my Armattan Marmotte. Had to drill four holes to move the stack forward, otherwise a perfect fit.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaki
Here is how it looks in my Armattan Marmotte. Had to drill four holes to move the stack forward, otherwise a perfect fit.
Nice. That's what I intend to do on my Chameleon Ti when I get the unit. I already tested with a 3d printed adapter to move the FC foward 1cm and it flies the same. But the drilled holes seem like a better way to do it.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:23 AM

maiden flight

I tried the dji system for the first time...very impressed! Couple questions: Trying to get the quad voltage on the goggles, not sure how to do that? Also seems like there is a timer lower right in the goggle view....not sure how to turn that on? I turned off the focus mode, does that help eliminating some of the blurry edges in goggle view? Thanks
Aug 22, 2019, 08:28 AM
I have a Marmotte too and it looks like an easy fit behind the FC if you move it forward. You could also go with a 20x20 FC to make it fit even easier. I don't have a 4 in 1 on mine so moving the FC forward would be a piece of cake. I am considering buying the DJI system after watching all of the videos. The HD is fantastic.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric4nier
I tried the dji system for the first time...very impressed! Couple questions: Trying to get the quad voltage on the goggles, not sure how to do that? Also seems like there is a timer lower right in the goggle view....not sure how to turn that on? I turned off the focus mode, does that help eliminating some of the blurry edges in goggle view? Thanks
You need to establish communication between your FC and the air unit. This involves soldering 2 wires and the proper settings in Betaflight (or equivelent).

I found this video most helpful.

DJI FPV Wiring Guide - How to connect to Betaflight (10 min 46 sec)
Aug 22, 2019, 10:26 AM
Registered Maniac
I think I'm gonna have to go to crossfire...
Does anyone know the cheapest radio that has a module?
Aug 22, 2019, 10:33 AM
I don't think any radios come with a Crossfire module. You need to buy a crossfire module and a suitable radio. You need a radio that can accept that. Cheapest may be the QX7 which is a good starter radio. I would not go cheaper than that. (about $100 for the radio)

Quick Reply