Jul 31, 2019, 09:29 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
New Product

Official DJI Digital FPV Systems V1 & V2 Owners Group

The DJI Digital FPV System

This is the first official group for all versions of the DJI Digital FPV System on RCG, I set this up as one of the original Beta testers of the system as well a being part of the feedback team originally. This system contains information for the original V1 Digital FPV system as well as future versions too and I will split any differenced between them in each section.

My FPV V1 System Review Overview

DJI Digital FPV System - Complete Overview & Menu Walk Though (23 min 51 sec)

FCC HACK 8 Channel 700 MW For CE USERS

This forces the FPV system into FCC mode and allows for 8 channels in normal mode and 700mw Power output.

Note: 50mb Mode will reduce available channels by half due to using more bandwidth.

DJI Digital FPV System Force FCC Mode Hack (5 min 10 sec)

1200mw HACK

This DJI Digital FPV System1200mw Hack allows the system to get to its maximum output of 1200mw, this should be used along side the FCC hack for those in CE areas to get 8 channels and maximum output.

DJI Digital FPV 1200mw Power Hack - Tutorial (5 min 59 sec)

OSD Update

New Custom OSD Setup and Overview How-To

DJI Digital FPV Update - New Betaflight OSD Setup, Analog DVR and Latency Fix + RC Sim Support (12 min 48 sec)

WHERE TO ORDER

You can get the DJI FPV system from any official DJI reseller, Its advised to only ever order from a reseller in your own region to ensure getting your warranty coverage as DJI do not offer a global warranty. Importing from Bangood or others may mean you would have to pay to ship back to DJI for repair at your own cost.

DJI FPV System Overview All Versions

Specifically designed for long range FPV and drone racing applications this new digital FPV system delivers lower latency HD video than the original Ocuync Air system in a small package making it even easier fit in smaller racing style drones.

Main Features
  • 28ms HD low latency video transmission over 4km Range in FCC Mode & 0.7km in CE Mode - 7km possible.

720p/120fps or 720P/60fps Modes
    50Mbps HQ Mode for improved image transmission clarity, 25mbps Modes for normal use.

8 Digital channels in FCC, 4 In CE, these reduce by 50% in 50mbps HQ mode due to increased bandwidth.

Up to 8 drones can be flown simultaneously in normal FCC mode.

1080p/60fps video and Audio recording directly on the DJI FPV Air Unit via onboard SD Card.

7ms low latency control transmission between the new DJI FPV RC and DJI FPV Air Unit with Sbus Fast Protocol.

The DJI FPV Goggles V1

The all new smaller DJI FPV Goggles utilise the DJI HDL FPV Transmission system to provide pilots with HD resolution for both pilots and spectators with a minimum end-to-end latency of 28ms.

DJI don’t ship the new goggles with a battery and instead it is designed to be used with normal LiPo pack with a voltage range of 7.4-17.6 V. A 4S pack is recommended for best performance and a 4S 1600mah battery will give approximately 3.5 hours of continuous use.

HD Image Quality

The DJI FPV Goggles can display live feed video at 720p 120fps in Low Latency Mode, this high-quality resolution allows a latency as low as 28 ms delivering a clear view and fast performance video. In HD Mode displays at 720P 60fps for higher quality viewing experience with a high bandwidth 50Mbps mode available too. The goggles are fitted with dual HD Screens capable of displaying a at 1080×720 in 4:3 and 1440×810 with an aspect ratio of 16:9 the new FPV Goggles are also

Clearer Viewing

In Focus mode DJI use a new feature where most of the bitstream is placed at the centre of the video image when signals worsen helping to provide a clearer FPV experience even when the signal is week.

Onboard Recording

The goggles can also record video onboard at 720p allowing you to play back instantly via the goggles or share your flights with friends.

Broadcasting Supported

Audience mode allows pilots to share their live camera view with other DJI FPV Goggles users.

Omnidirectional Antennas

DJI FPV Goggles has four omnidirectional antennas that support left-hand circular polarisation that improves signal communication between DJI FPV Goggles, RC, and Air Unit.

Convenient Channel Control

Two stable and user-friendly channel adjustment buttons provide pilots and spectators with the convenience of changing frequency channels faster.

Designed for Comfort

An industrial design makes the DJI FPV Goggles comfortable to use, even for glasses-wearers. DJI also offers custom-made myopia lenses for users with nearsightedness.

External Power

The DJI FPV Goggles done come with a battery however users can chaise one with a voltage range of 7.4-17.6 V. 4S pack is recommended for best performance and a 4S 1600mah battery will give approximately 3.5 hours of continuous use.

DJI FPV Camera

Designed to be specifically used with the FPV Air Unit the the DJI FPV Camera has a 150° ultra-wide-angle lens which provides a wide field-of-view for users. Pilots can also select from three camera modes to overcome challenges in different flying scenarios as well as adjust screen brightness and saturation to obtain a vivid image.

Standard Mode

Standard mode reduces colour loss and preserves more original details, improving daytime image quality.

Racing Mode

In Racing mode the image contrast increases, helping pilots to distinguish obstacles throughout the course.

LED Mode

LED mode reduces noise and increases the color saturation on LED lights that are built into racing gates and other obstacles on the track.

DJI Standard FPV Air Unit V1 5.8ghz

Designed to be as compact the DJI FPV Air Unit is just 44x37.8x14.4 in size and weighs4 45g, its capable of being used on 7.4v - 17.6v 2-4S power systems.

High Bandwidth

The DJI FPV System used the 5ghz band only and a channel has a bandwidth of 20 MHz for HD video in normal mode or has a 50mb HQ mode.

8 Channels, 8 Drones

The DJI FPV Air Unit is equipped with eight channels in FCC mode which allows up to eight drones to fly simultaneously. Note on 50mbps mode this is reduced by half.

1080p DVR Aerial Footage Recording

The DJI FPV Air Unit can record videos at either 1080p 60fps or 720P 60/120fps during flight, providing pilots with smooth and clear aerial footage with no need for external cameras.

Embedded Remote Controller Receiver In Air Unit

Users can wirelessly connect their DJI FPV Air Unit to the DJI FPV Remote Controller without having to purchase additional receivers. This reduces flight preparation time significantly.

Multi-Antenna Technology

The DJI Standard FPV Air Unit has two antennas, both of which are receivers and transmitters, ensuring broader signal coverage for reliable image transmission.

Wide Power Range

Designed to be use on a 7.4-17.6 V system, 4S is recommended and will give a power consumption of 5-7 W in normal temperatures.

DJI FPV Remote Controller V1

New for the FPV system DJI have introduced the The DJI FPV Remote Controller, this RC connects quickly to the DJI FPV Air Unit and DJI FPV Goggles for a complete all in one solution, fitted with 4 dedicated 3 position switches, record buttons, control dials and functions buttons to allows the pilots to map functions and control settings.

An Integrated System

The DJI FPV Remote Controller’s closed-loop software allows users to remotely set parameters via the RC controls for DJI FPV Goggles, the DJI FPV Air Unit, and the DJI FPV Camera, increasing stabilisation and reducing operational errors.

Improved User Experience

With an adjustable joystick and an ergonomic design enabling better grip, the DJI FPV Remote Controller is easy to use and provides strong controller responsiveness.

7ms Low Latency Sbus Fast

The latency between the DJI FPV Air Unit and the DJI FPV Remote Controller can go as low as 7 ms allowing pilots to send flight commands faster and complete difficult aerial stunts.

4km+ Control Distance

During drone operation the DJI FPV Remote Controller can control the DJI FPV Air Unit for up to 4 km.

Interchangeable Battery

The DJI FPV Remote Controller uses the WB37 4920mah battery like the DJI Crystalsky and Cencende remote allowing pilots to have multiple battery available for extended flight times.

Some FAQ

What is the System Range ?

DJI State up to 4km in FCC Mode and 0.7km in CE Mode

Can I change from FCC to CE Manually ?

Region setting is not user selectable and is set by DJI Assistant for FPV Series automatically when you connect the Air Unit, your location is detected based on your internet connection location.

Can I change from FCC to CE after its been set ?

If you move to a FCC location from CE simply turn on your Goggles and Air unit and allow them to connect and display video, connect the Air unit to DJI Assistant for FPV Series and it will detect if your internet connection location is in a FCC Country and it will change to FCC Mode automatically.

How can I tell if I am in FCC or CE ?

FCC Mode has 8 Available channels, CE Mode has 4.

Can I use the new DJI FPV Goggles with DJI Drones ?

No, the new goggles are only designed to be used with the new FPV Air System only.

Can I Use DJI FPV Goggles with Analog ?

Yes however there is no analogue receiver in the goggles and you would have to connect to an external receiver to the goggles via AV in.

Can I use my own RC with the DJI FPV System ?

Yes you can use your own receiver and transmitter as long as they are on different frequency’s.

Can I manually switch between Mode 1 and Mode 2 on my DJI FPV V1 Remote Controller?

Yes. However, it is not recommended by DJI . I have made a video on how to do this though.

Is the DJI FPV Air Unit compatible with third-party cameras?

Only the DJI authorised cameras by DJI and Caddx are currently supported

What Flight controllers are compatible with the DJI FPV System ?

Any controllers that supports SBus and UART with MSP on Betaflight, to use the new DJI HDL 7ms RC connection you need Betaflight 4.1.0 for HDL and telemetry via the MSP Protocol.

Troubleshooting

Analog FPV Input Not Working After Update

A small number of users have experienced issues with the analog AV input not working after updating the firmware. To resolve this
1: Reset the goggles settings back to factory from the device menu.

2: Change all of the display settings from the main menu such as zoom, screen lines, Screen position, rotation and location, move all of these settings to new options such as zooming out to 80% ect. then try analog again. this should resolve the issues and once the input is working you can reset back to norma.

Activation Issues/ Stuck In CE

The DJI FPV system comes locked to a single channel and 25mw out the box and requires all parts to be activated one at a time before it will unlock all the channels and set the correct power level for your region.

To do this you need to download the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) then connect each component one at a time to activate, the recommendation is to connect the Goggles, Air System then RC.
Once you have done this it could set the correct region location and open up the additional channels. In CE you will see 4 channels and in FCC you will see 8.
If you having problems activating the DJI Digital FPV System and you are
A: Stuck in CE with 4 channels in an FCC location
B: Unable to activate and only see 1 channel

The first thing to do is check your IP location on the DJI checker
https://mydjiflight.dji.com/api/v2/g..._service/geoip
For theDJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) app to work correctly and activate and set the region you should see a result like
" {"extra_msg":["","","91.126.54.21"],"msg":"success","result":{"country_code":"GB","co untry_name":"英国"},"status":0} "
If you don't get a result that shows you country above and see something like "{"msg":"unavailable to obtain correct country location!","status":100}" this means the app is unable to determine your location and this is why your unable to activate to get your correct country mode selected.
To resolve this try as follows
1: Reinstall DJI Assistant for FPV and make sure the below options are turned on

2: Disable any Firewall/Antivirus on your computer
3: Try another Internet connection such as tethered phone or Public Wifi
4: Try anther computer.

When the DJI IP check works correct and shows you location then you should be able to activate via the DJI Assistant for FPV.

Stuck In CE

If you are stuck in CE Mode in a FCC location try as follows once the IP Check is working as per above

1: Make sure all firmware is the same on all units.
2: Turn on goggles and Air Unit and allow to connect to each other and video is seen in goggles
3: Open DJI Assistant for Digital FPV and Connect the air unit via USB C, once connected sit on the firmware screen for a minute showing the option to refresh.
5:In goggles check video is connected and open the channels and check to see if it’s increased from 4 to 8 available. You may see this happen as you open the menu.

FCC Mode will show 8 available channels in normal mode and 4 channels in HQ Mode,
CE Mode will show 4 and 2.
If this does not work with it all on refresh the Air unit firmware.

FCC HACK

DJI Digital FPV System Force FCC Mode Hack
DJI Digital FPV System Force FCC Mode Hack (5 min 10 sec)

A fast method to set DJI Digital FPV System radio mode
Setup Guide:

1.Activate the whole system first.
2.Find a SD card, create a file on its root directory with named with naco.txt, its content is a number between 1-8 , example:

3.Insert the SD card to DJI FPV air unit, its radio mode is changed automatically. You can check the supported channels numbers in play menu.

4.Country code and radio mode mapping table: (not all the country codes are listed, but all radio modes are listed)

5.CAUTION: Do not connect the FPV air unit to DJI Assistant 2 while setting the radio mode with SD card, if it's connected to DJI assistant 2 by accident, please unplug the USB cable and reboot the system with SD card insert.

1200mw HACK

DJI Digital FPV System1200mw Hack allows up to the maximum power output the air unit can handle.
DJI Digital FPV 1200mw Power Hack - Tutorial (5 min 59 sec)

To to unlock 1200mw

First, you need prepare a microSD card just like performing the FCC Hack.

Create a Notepad file in the root directory of the microSD card and name it “naco_pwr.txt”.

You can input “pwr_1” in the file to enable 1000 mW power mode, or you can input “pwr_2” to enable 1000 mW and 1200 mW power mode for selection.

Input one of the above-mentioned and save the file, and then exit notepad ect.

Insert the SD card into the Goggles, (yes the goggles this time), power on and wait for about two seconds, and then you can see from the Goggles’ menu that the max power has already been enabled.

Notices:
1. This method is only available for FCC and SRRC areas, as well as for Brazil. For other areas, the Goggles should be first changed to FCC or SRRC mode.
2. The microSD card with the txt file only needs to be inserted into the DJI FPV Goggles once, and the txt file does not need to be saved in the card after the max power is successfully set.
3. If the Goggles returns to factory settings, then it will return to the normal mode, which means that “Max Power” will not be available unless re-enable.

WHERE TO ORDER

You can get the DJI FPV system from any official DJI reseller, Its advised to only ever order from a reseller in your own region to ensure getting your warranty coverage as DJI do not offer a global warranty. Importing from Bangood or others may mean you would have to pay to ship back to DJI for repair at your own cost. All DJI Store orders are fully covered by warranty and If you would like to support me and my channel you can order the DJI Digital FPV system from the below affiliate link for DJI direct, you will have fully warranty coverage but using these, I will receive a small commission for the sale at no additional cost to your self.

The FPV System

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jan 11, 2021 at 05:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2019, 09:29 AM
Thread OP

DJI Digital FPV System V1 & V2 Owners Group

Images of system V1 FPV System

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jan 11, 2021 at 05:23 AM.
Jul 31, 2019, 09:53 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
What's the Range on the Ground for my Summit Traxxas?....

Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jul 31, 2019, 09:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
What's the Range on the Ground for my Summit Traxxas?....

Rotor Riot got 2km at around 1.5m in their review.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Jul 31, 2019, 09:59 AM
DJI Digital FPV System - HD Live Feed! - Full Review (31 min 31 sec)
Jul 31, 2019, 10:00 AM
How do you physically attach/connect servos to that AirUnit system?
(It acts as a Video TX & RC RX all in one)
I have to attach it on a Big RC truck.

Can signal travel through scrubs and light mountain bike trail (forest?)
Analog sucks compared to this new DJI system..lolol

P.S.
Is there Audio?
Last edited by rclab1; Jul 31, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
Jul 31, 2019, 11:28 AM
Analog is sooo stupidly expensive.

ie...my FatShark HDO
Immersion RC videoRx module,
Or Clearview 2.0 GroundStation...

This new DJI FPV system is competitively priced
Jul 31, 2019, 11:35 AM
Very interesting. I'm not a freestyler or racer but I would like to put this on a LR rig that is a little bit more nimble and can take a hit better than my Mavic Pro. Will be watching this very closely.
Jul 31, 2019, 11:39 AM
The air unit won't fit in any of my frames that I am currently flying or I would consider it. I assume that the high end frame makers will make something that will have room in front of the stack for that air unit.
Jul 31, 2019, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Rotor Riot got 2km at around 1.5m in their review.
Very impressive considering how they tested, digital MIMO goodness
Jul 31, 2019, 12:08 PM
This Guy gives it a work out also..

DJI Digital FPV System - 7ms HD/control link (37 min 37 sec)
Jul 31, 2019, 01:55 PM
is there any support for an osd?
Jul 31, 2019, 02:01 PM
the radio in it - is it essentially an ocusync2 implementation? 4km is not too bad, and, overall compared to the price of taranis, fatsharks, tx and camera, all in one... a air tx is a bit heavy but overall - sounds very nice.

now, does it come also with NFZ zones limits enforced or free of that BS?
Jul 31, 2019, 02:15 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Preorders are available: https://bit.ly/2lA3Ynj (affiliate link)

I have to say that I'm impressed with what I see. This is the HD FPV system that FPV freestyle people have for a long time thought was only a dream. Of course DJI's R&D powerhouse comes up with something.

I admit, I won't be biting, mostly because I see this as a first gen product and because $$$. No 6s support... the air unit is kind of fat. Like drew from RR I hate that I'm already complaining about its size and shape for what it can do. I wouldn't want to be a first adopter of it but I'm really excited to see where this system will be in a year from now now that they've taken some ground. And I can't wait to see how everyone gets along with using it as it is today.

It's really weird but refreshing to see DJI trying to play with betaflight and integrate with other systems. That being said I don't think it's a "Fatshark" or even analog system killer. I think the "DJI FPV System" at least at this point, will become a sub section of FPV. Kind of like "long range fpv."

Exciting times for sure!

Quote:
I've seen nothing so far about any NFZ stuff. If they do any of that it will immediately kill the deal for anyone even on the fence I think. As it is, not being a totally open system compared to analog will keep many pilots from switching on that aspect alone.
Last edited by JohnCC; Sep 02, 2019 at 09:09 PM.
Jul 31, 2019, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkinpol
the radio in it - is it essentially an ocusync2 implementation? 4km is not too bad, and, overall compared to the price of taranis, fatsharks, tx and camera, all in one... a air tx is a bit heavy but overall - sounds very nice.

It doesn´t have GPS or any connection to know were you are flying.

Quick Reply