Jul 31, 2019, 06:37 AM
マジ卍気が為る
Thread OP
Discussion

In need of advice

Hey, I ah... I want to fly FPV. I've never ever flown an RC airplane before, but I decided to start due to the reason mentioned in this other thread (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...82%93%EF%BD%9E). My final goal is to be flying a plane with more than 30 minutes of flight autonomy, very good range (that would be about 5km at the very least) and (I guess we don't get all of this stuff for RC aircraft but...) most of the features you'd find in a normal simple plane, such as flaps, landing gear, airbrakes and all (maybe even MEC for fuel-driven engines) and something that I absolutely do not want to give up on no matter how hard it might end up being is a contra-rotating propeller design. That looks awesome and it was the coolest thing ever implemented on aviation. my idea here is to share my plan with you guys and then have someone giver their experienced opinion over what I decided to do, basically:

To begin, I realized that would be a great idea to first verify if I'm really capable of building a fully functional airplane from scratch. Building an unguided glider that uses similar building techniques to the next model chosen seemed a good idea. I pretty much already chose the FT.EZ (
How to Build the FT EZ Glider // BUILD (21 min 57 sec)
). Is this a good idea at all? If so, is this model suitable to test my capacities? Would it be too hard to strap on an explosive tip to the nose and launch it in the general direction of my neighbor's house?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2019, 04:55 PM
Neophyte hacker
Try posting in here

https://www.rcgroups.com/uav-unmanne...-vehicles-238/
Jul 31, 2019, 06:29 PM
マジ卍気が為る
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb
So, this is more of a UVA than a mere FPV platform that I'm planning? Let's see what the UAV guys will say about it.
Jul 31, 2019, 06:59 PM
Or current resident
Talking about carrying explosive devices here will get you nowhere. Possibly even a visit from the FBI.
Jul 31, 2019, 07:30 PM
マジ卍気が為る
Thread OP

冗談でした、グルウィスさん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by glewis
Talking about carrying explosive devices here will get you nowhere. Possibly even a visit from the FBI.
Well remarked glewisさん, even though that was just a joke. Blowing up hours of precision and focused work does not appeal very much to me. Also, I don't believe the FBI really works outside of America. The neighbor hate, however, is very real.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:26 AM
I suspect OP is a "gamer" who needs to go outside and play more.
Aug 01, 2019, 04:08 PM
Neophyte hacker
FWIW, I like my games too World of Tanks is my favorite. I tried War Thunder and may try it again if WOT changes their engine much more.

charlie

Quick Reply